Xbox Ultimate

Arkan

Leave it to Microsoft to handle consoles like they were PCs

We
Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

This is still a prediction. As we approach CES people love throwing out wild predictions. It's asinine. Don't take one online publication's desire to get hits as Microsoft's actual plans.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just you wait for XBOX Home Edition, XBOX Professional, XBOX Mediacenter, XBOX Volume License, XBOX Plus Pack, XBOX SR1, XBOX Developer Version, XBOX CE/Handheld, XPOD etc. :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That just sounds stupid.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just you wait for XBOX Home Edition, XBOX Professional, XBOX Mediacenter, XBOX Volume License, XBOX Plus Pack, XBOX SR1, XBOX Developer Version, XBOX CE/Handheld, XPOD etc. :*

well there is the Arcade, Core, Pro, Elite and Halo editions as it is.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just you wait for XBOX Home Edition, XBOX Professional, XBOX Mediacenter, XBOX Volume License, XBOX Plus Pack, XBOX SR1, XBOX Developer Version, XBOX CE/Handheld, XPOD etc. :*

The Core was replaced by the Arcade.

How the hell can you bash a company for giving it's customers more options? I think Microsoft is doing a good job of offering a number of different consoles at a number of different price points. I admit, I was annoyed when MS released the Elite (even made a thread about my annoyance, just like this), but now I think what MS is doing is good, it let's a lot of people grab a 360 for what they want to use it for.

Just you wait for XBOX Home Edition, XBOX Professional, XBOX Mediacenter, XBOX Volume License, XBOX Plus Pack, XBOX SR1, XBOX Developer Version, XBOX CE/Handheld, XPOD etc. :(

The Core was replaced by the Arcade.

There have been 360 Dev kits since long before there were any other 360s... but that's true with all the consoles, and I think that was thrown in for lolz anyway.

I think PS3's state is much worse than the 360's. Playstation 3 hardware models:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_3..._configurations

The difference between the PS3 models aren't as drastic as the Xbox equivalents. I mean, you can easily replace the hard drive yourself since it's a standard 2.5" drive anyhow. The size of the hard drive doesn't really matter because of that. Then there are ports (card readers and USB) that differ but they, too, are of no dramatic consequence for the user (card readers are not used in games and who cares if there are two or four USB ports?). I would be much more annoyed to have bought an Xbox 360 without a HDMI port..

The biggest difference between the PS3 models is probably that one model supports PS2 games and the rest don't. In Sweden there have only been two models for sale anyhow: The 60 GB model and the newer (cheaper) 40 GB model.

What I think Microsoft failed with the Xbox is that they didn't have a hard drive in all their models. That means all games must support the core version and NOT take full advantage of a hard drive.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think PS3's state is much worse than the 360's. Playstation 3 hardware models:

The difference between the PS3 models aren't as drastic as the Xbox equivalents. I mean, you can easily replace the hard drive yourself since it's a standard 2.5" drive anyhow. The size of the hard drive doesn't really matter because of that. Then there are ports (card readers and USB) that differ but they, too, are of no dramatic consequence for the user (card readers are not used in games and who cares if there are two or four USB ports?). I would be much more annoyed to have bought an Xbox 360 without a HDMI port..

The biggest difference between the PS3 models is probably that one model supports PS2 games and the rest don't. In Sweden there have only been two models for sale anyhow: The 60 GB model and the newer (cheaper) 40 GB model.

What I think Microsoft failed with the Xbox is that they didn't have a hard drive in all their models. That means all games must support the core version and NOT take full advantage of a hard drive.

in the US the 60gig is no longer available in favor of the mighty 80gig (comes with motorstorm.)

Agreed, MS said that they'd try to keep to this, but i've heard that at least one game is breaking this rule (Outlands, or whatever it's called, the RPG/FPS).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

in the US the 60gig is no longer available in favor of the mighty 80gig (comes with motorstorm.)

Theres the 40 gig one too.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Which reminds me that I need to try to trade my copy of Motorstorm in.

I might get one, but the games are ludicrously expensive, at least 20% more than comparable PC games. Maybe it's our tax system or something.

$10 more, at least here in America(might be different where ever you are). Not really "ludicrously expensive" I don't have even have a job and can afford most games I want.

Theres the 40 gig one too.

the PS3's life

started with the 20 and the 60

those got discontinued in favor of the 40 and 80

$10 more, at least here in America(might be different where ever you are). Not really "ludicrously expensive" I don't have even have a job and can afford most games I want.

in the UK the rrp is mostly about

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

http://kotaku.com/341323/microsoft-furious...n+a+360-chatter

Microsoft is mad* at you for your rumor mongering.

*not mad

So Microsoft isn't fully backing HDDVD either?

I guess Blue-Ray is all but officially the winner now.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Microsoft never seemed to fully back HD DVD. They're trying to push online delivery. And have supposedly said they'll support whichever format wins. (which means a potential Blu-Ray player in the future) They probably backed HD DVD as just a semi-default option since it uses their HDi.

Edited by Tale