Making KOTOR work in Vista

Bokishi

Yeah, I made a thread about it not too long ago. The problem I had was that it got real laggy on Dantooine, but it turned out it wasn't a problem with Vista, but just a gerneral game problem. I found a solution, and it's probably posted in the thread I mentioned.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Also, run it as XP, and you might need to run it as administrator, because some copy protection will try to stop you form starting the game because you don't own the picture of the Ebon Hawk that appears on startup.

Whenever I get the urge to run KotOR and older games I just run them in XP mode. Haven't had any real problems with them then.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Ugh, just tried Kotor 2 and it runs like crap, always stutters when walking around

Had the same problem with KOTOR. Set compatability mode to Windows 2000/XP and it went away. I had to do it each time after I put the computer into sleep/shut down/restart though.