I need some help please

MoD

Which sounds more evil? Darth Aexcrucius or Darth Crucius

it comes from the latin word excrucio meaning torment, torture, pain

I'm wainting your answers

You were bold and strong, and ready to begin your life

All for nothing, you were sacrificed

You began alone, and so it will be when you die

All for nothing, will you be remembered?

You did decide...

Agreed. Aexcrucius sounds like 'excruciating' as in 'excruciatingly daft'. Perhaps Crucius is a touch Harry Potter, but hopefully J.K. won't charge.

Before others come to mock, the problem of finding cool-sounding Darth names is a serious one and is obviously something George Lucas himself has struggled with. Results have been mixed: Darth Tyrannus, anyone? Apparently there's a new character called 'Darth Caedus', which I hope is pronounced correctly as 'Kydus' because 'Darth Cedars' might make an evil tree surgeon but very little else. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

well, i was looking after a word that inspire fear: pain and I translated it into latin

I found excrucio ( i am also a harry potter fan :thumbsup: ) and I thought it sounds cool ( when I read the harry potter books and watched the movies I loved that word: Crucio! :) ) . So I was wondering which sounds better

Thanks

btw i hope J.K. Rowling will not read this post... maybe is busy counting the money from the 7th book :lol:

You did decide...

well, i was looking after a word that inspire fear: pain and I translated it into latin

I found excrucio ( i am also a harry potter fan :* ) and I thought it sounds cool ( when I read the harry potter books and watched the movies I loved that word: Crucio! :) ) . So I was wondering which sounds better

Thanks

btw i hope J.K. Rowling will not read this post... maybe is busy counting the money from the 7th book ;)

She shouldn't care, unless of coures you git rich off of it. Then your going to be in trouble.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

Idea: Darth Maldis (from "maldito": spanish/portuguese for word "damned").

Your idea feels terribly Harry Potterish :thumbsup:

"Be mindful of the currents of the living Force; to do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."

-Qui-Gon's voice to Anakin Skywalker

"

Apparently there's a new character called 'Darth Caedus', which I hope is pronounced correctly as 'Kydus' because 'Darth Cedars' might make an evil tree surgeon but very little else. >_<

That name won a contest, btw. They let the readers suggest names for the new Sith lord.

For original question, I like the second one better.

SODOFF Steam group.

My suggestion is Darth

. Because, as all Darth names are inherently silly, you might as well go all the way.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I think they both suck.

then suggest one please

i am honored to be your apprentice regarding this stuff :lol:

You did decide...

First off, make sure your Post -Darth- is an actual word. "Aexcrucius" is not even a word, so as a Post -Darth- it means nothing.

Post -Darth- names don't have to always "mean" something, they could just be the person's name, but even then it should still be a word.

You won't strike fear into the masses with something flashy and that can't be found on dictionary.com

Edited by Darth Hades
wookiedance.gif

First off, make sure your Post -Darth- is an actual word. "Aexcrucius" is not even a word, so as a Post -Darth- it means nothing.

Post -Darth- names don't have to always "mean" something, they could just be the person's name, but even then it should still be a word.

You won't strike fear into the masses with something flashy and that can't be found on dictionary.com

Generally, you won't strike fear into the masses with a name that starts with Darth. The masses might suggest therapy, though. Possibly in unison.

Heja Sverige!!

This is probably an easy question for those of you that know SW lore. Was there any particular reason Anakin Skywalker was renamed to Darth Vader? I get the Darth part (because the went DS), but is there any meaning/significance to Vader?

I saw a site where it says that it comes from invader, removing the "in-" prefix

i don't know if this is true but it may be considered

You did decide...

I looked it up on wikipedia and this is whats posted: In a 2005 interview, Lucas was asked the origins of the name "Darth Vader", and replied: "Darth is a contraction of Dark Lord of the Sith. And Vader is a variation of father. So it's basically Dark Father."

Edited by Gfted1

I looked it up on wikipedia and this is whats posted: In a 2005 interview, Lucas was asked the origins of the name "Darth Vader", and replied: "Darth is a contraction of Dark Lord of the Sith. And Vader is a variation of father. So it's basically Dark Father."

Lucas is full of fecal matter.

Heja Sverige!!

Yeah, the whole "Invader", "Insidious"-thing also very much trite.

Hahhah, Darth (in)Sipid!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Agreed. Aexcrucius sounds like 'excruciating' as in 'excruciatingly daft'. Perhaps Crucius is a touch Harry Potter, but hopefully J.K. won't charge.

Before others come to mock, the problem of finding cool-sounding Darth names is a serious one and is obviously something George Lucas himself has struggled with. Results have been mixed: Darth Tyrannus, anyone? Apparently there's a new character called 'Darth Caedus', which I hope is pronounced correctly as 'Kydus' because 'Darth Cedars' might make an evil tree surgeon but very little else. :bat:

Yeah Caedus is Jacen Solo, the New Sith Lord in Legacy novels.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

" Revan was power and it was like staring into the heart of the force."

Lucas is full of fecal matter.

In recent years, yes.

And it's not just him either

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

• 4 weeks later...