Prestige Classes

uhh... i just finished the game, but the damn thing never let me choose a prestige class! I was lv25 consular at the end, that's it! I kept trying to speak to Kreia but nothing came of it. Whats up here???

"Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." - HK-47

Hello, and welcome to the forums. :p

A number of things might have happened, but most importantly, you need to be very strongly either light-side or dark-side (I think it's 75% or so) before you get near the end of the main 'four planets' section of the game. That's the condition that people sometimes miss.

Other than that, it's a good idea to exhaust your dialogue options with Visas and Kreia. The prestige class dialague should appear once you reach level 15 or thereabouts.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

yeah that'd be it. i was neutral-dark for most of it, a bit darker towards the end but not much. gee consulars r great even without much ds inclination my force came back so fast i could pretty much keep up force storm indefinately (not that i needed to, most enemies died in 2 hits even on difficult)

which leads me to another question - why does it say, on the character creation screen, that consulars are for advanced players only? i'd say theyre the easiest class cause the force powers are so good

"Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometres away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope." - HK-47

The force powers are good, but like most 'magic-user'-style characters, consulars tend to be weaker in the earlier levels. A super-strong fighter-style character can absorb a lot of damage and so is probably more forgiving of the mistakes that new players are likely to make. If you had no trouble with a consular from the start, consider that proof of your skill. :p

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

• 3 weeks later...
The force powers are good, but like most 'magic-user'-style characters, consulars tend to be weaker in the earlier levels. A super-strong fighter-style character can absorb a lot of damage and so is probably more forgiving of the mistakes that new players are likely to make. If you had no trouble with a consular from the start, consider that proof of your skill. :)

Sorry if this is relatively reviving a dead topic but I thought I'd make a comment here regarding the "mage" prestige classes: that being that you're just as good staying with the consular - in fact in some ways the jedi master (ls-prestige) is WORSE than the consular due to lower saves.

the Guardian and Sentinel PrC's however, tend to be a good step up.

Just my 2c :lol:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

early on counclers doen't have the benifits that they do latter. They start with low health and don't yet have the powers or the force points needed to fight effectivly.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

uhh... i just finished the game, but the damn thing never let me choose a prestige class! I was lv25 consular at the end, that's it! I kept trying to speak to Kreia but nothing came of it. Whats up here???

This is one of these things I would never have known had I not read it on forums.

Apparently, you are supposed to speak to her at level 15, then she offers you the option to take a prestige class. And it's not like anything in the game prompts you about this, like, a cutscene after you hit level 15, and she comes up and taps you on the shoulder and tells you to talk to her or anything.

I don't know if she won't offer it if you wait too long after hitting level 15.