Peter Jackson to produce two Hobbit movies

aVENGER

I was just reading on Superhero Hype that Sam Raimi wants to direct the movies. I'm all for it if Bruce Campbell scores a scene stealing cameo somewhere in the films.

Was Tom Bombadil in The Hobbit?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yes, Smaug talked. But I'd see Bruce as the King of the Elves.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Been a while since I've read the book... though I remember it was great.

Same as Istima said, they better keep it a nice fairy tale, and not turn into an "epic" movie.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Bruce Campbell is one of my favorite people ever, but I'm not sure how he'd fit into Middle Earth.

How about as Beorn. That would be good for him.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I was just reading on Superhero Hype that Sam Raimi wants to direct the movies. I'm all for it if Bruce Campbell scores a scene stealing cameo somewhere in the films.

Was Tom Bombadil in The Hobbit?

Nope... :huh:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Am I the only one to hate The Middle Earth setting?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Yes.

As for my post, this news is definitely interesting, not only because I really liked the modernized vision of Middle Earth in the Jackson movies or that Sir Ian is gonna be Gandalf again, but because now I don't have to read the book. I tried to start it before and couldn't stomach the plot.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh, and I hate Gandalf too... he is as bad as Elminster...

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Oh, and I hate Gandalf too... he is as bad as Elminster...

:huh: Ah. Irony. Yes. :)

I don't see what would be wrong with Bruce as King of the Elves of Mirkwood, DR. They were pretty wild and selfish. Not like the High Elves or whatever of the LotR.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That'll be a pretty joyful movie...

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It won't be because I already hate it!

Does it feature the mass slaughter of many Hobbits? Oh, how I loved Overlord for it giving me that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."