Peter Jackson to produce two Hobbit movies

aVENGER

Who will play Bilbo?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Some new fellow, I suspect.

I really hope they do the climactic battle by the book, with all those varieties of races throwing their weight about. Smaug/Mountain should look delicious, too.

I wonder if the Hobbit really takes two movies to tell, though. Maybe these will be shorter?

I really hope they do the climactic battle by the book, with all those varieties of races throwing their weight about. Smaug/Mountain should look delicious, too.

Judging by the Lord of the Rings movies, they don't skimp on battle scenes. It might make up half the second movie.

I wonder if the Hobbit really takes two movies to tell, though. Maybe these will be shorter?

One can only hope.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

To boldly go where no Hobbit has gone before! :ermm:

I seem to remember from imdb, that Peter Jackson still has all the scenery and props from Hobbiton put in storage somewhere, hoping that he would be able to make use of it again.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It is rumored that the second movie will try to bridge the gap between the Hobbit and the Fellowship of The Ring.

I give more credit to the rumor that the Hobbit is simply split in two.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It is rumored that the second movie will try to bridge the gap between the Hobbit and the Fellowship of The Ring.

I give more credit to the rumor that the Hobbit is simply split in two.

That would be a mistake.

But it's Hollywood so if they can figure out a way to have TWO 100 Millions dollars openings then why not?

How would the first one end?

I was just wondering that. Maybe after the escape from Mirkwood?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I believe perfect spot to split Hobbit is right after Mirkwood when you think about pacing etc.

Also, this is absolutely fantastic news

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

A sequel to the Hobbit sounds a bit odd, but I am excited to hear this. The guy who played Bilbo in the trilogy might be able to fill the role, although he is up there in the years. He's a good actor, I really liked him in that Jack the Ripper flick (From Hell?)

Well, to get Ian Holmes back as Bilbo, they could do what they did in FOTR and just take a hairdryer and fold his skin back to make him younger. It was really creepy to watch the process, but it worked.

It worked for a short flashback. I don't think they're going to pull two theatrical movies with that trick.

I think they should have Leonard Nimoy play Bilbo.

I just hope they won't turn it into one big epic awesome epic... epic thing, and leave it as it is, that is, a fairy tale (at heart).

Seriously though, they 'd better keep the storyline as it is, and avoid making the Battle of the Five Armies last for 3 hours.

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

There is some story telling and flash backs taking place in The Hobbit if I remember correctly, they can always fill it out with some epic stuff from The Silmarillion :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein