Limitations in the kotOR Series

I hated the fact that every mission on every planit was a maze in disguise. I wanted to explore everything, but the restrictions were everywhere. Why cant I go into every building??? (I know we don't have the technowlodgy for that yet). Why not have more than one city on every planit? Why not make the moral questions/choices more grey, so they aren't so predictable, and what's with the damn puzzles? I actually finnished every one of those damn things without help. I guess that's a testament as to how good the games were.

All I want is 360 degrees of game to explore, a character, or characters I can shape and mold, and a sh@t load of missions, and hidden missions, so just when I think I have done everything I can go back an find somthing new. Also multiple dialog options with teasers and hints to different out-comes. I hate playing dark side and finding a similer ending, in the same damn maze with the same damn characters.

In short, I like the journey rather than the out come, I like to take my time and explore the world and see what the writers and artist have come up with, so when it ends I don't feel like

I'm watching a re-run.

I prefer well written stories to sandbox adventures.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I hated the fact that every mission on every planit was a maze in disguise. I wanted to explore everything, but the restrictions were everywhere. Why cant I go into every building??? (I know we don't have the technowlodgy for that yet). Why not have more than one city on every planit? Why not make the moral questions/choices more grey, so they aren't so predictable, and what's with the damn puzzles? I actually finnished every one of those damn things without help. I guess that's a testament as to how good the games were.

All I want is 360 degrees of game to explore, a character, or characters I can shape and mold, and a sh@t load of missions, and hidden missions, so just when I think I have done everything I can go back an find somthing new. Also multiple dialog options with teasers and hints to different out-comes. I hate playing dark side and finding a similer ending, in the same damn maze with the same damn characters.

In short, I like the journey rather than the out come, I like to take my time and explore the world and see what the writers and artist have come up with, so when it ends I don't feel like

I'm watching a re-run.

You basically want a single player SWG?

I think it could work, but you still would need some sort of central story to follow through.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I prefer well written stories to sandbox adventures.

Morrowind? That had a brilliant story and was completely open ended sandbox play. If KOTOR was ever made like that then that would be the best game of Star Wars ever.

The story of Morrowind was throwaway. The story behind Morrowind was quite good. The characters and progression were thinly veiled attempts to make you travel from location to location with no sincere plot or character development beyond ever increasing revelations about a single interesting event in the backstory. A very interesting event, but not exactly a meaty story.

Don't even bring ****ing Bethesda titles in Kotor thread.

THANK YOU

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It isnt a written rule, so shut it as i don't snap at you (and try to stop acting hard with a keyboard, wow you blanked out a swear word, do you want a medal?). If you don't like it, don't post, we didn't ask for your uncalled for input. I'm a good Bethesda Fan until Oblivion, i think they make good RPG's.

I don't blank swear words mister obvious. Just try writing **** or **** or **** by yourself. Circling that with . , etc. will only get you in trouble. Heck, I once got one week posting ban for posting a funny pic and it happened to have swear word in it. Oh my gawd that's so horrifying! (that's up to date only serious idiocy by mod team IMO )

Morrowind is great LARP and hiking simulator, not RPG

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Oh im sorry although i is an RPG title and has won RPG awards but Xard says it aint an RPG, so it can't be, and no i don't want to try writing those blanks as there is no point, i don't have to lower my level across the internet thanks.

So that aint blanking a swear word?

Anyway, back on topic...

Edited by XRichX

I have two things to say.

One, the forum automatically *s swear words. This is what Xard was conveying. It's not him doing it, it's the forum. As an example. ****ing. It should show up with stars and ing, even though I did spell the word out.

Two, CATFIGHT! ROWR!

I'm not going to talk about MW now, but for christ sakes, there's censorship going on these forums!

Atton lives in that ****pit of his lulz

Get it?

In that case you should check what your other half of brain is doing. Or what your hands are typing

(and try to stop acting hard with a keyboard, wow you blanked out a swear word, do you want a medal?)

So that aint blanking a swear word?

And that point then makes out you were swearing and using the censoring to cover it up, so i cant see your point in trying to contradict me. What was wrong with bringing Morrowind up in the first place, comparing RPG's is a good way of finding out weakness's or limitations in one another, but if you had not posted that post then this could have been avoided.

EDIT: i like it how a Mod comes and looks at our posts and then just walks away without any input.

Edited by XRichX

We always hope that community members will choose to back away from the precipice of their own free will.

Alas, 'tis not to be. :sad:

Please remember this is a family-friendly forum, and swearing is inappropriate (yes, even if the filter catches it). :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)