The Music Thread

Gorth

Ha, I found cultural treasurez!

http://www.floydpodcast.com/ podcast number 51 is The Wall Demo.

Wow, for Floyd-fan like me this is extremely interesting stuff (even as The Wall is my least favourite of the "Big Four" albums). And The Wall is one of the most famous albums of all time, which makes it even more interesting. :ermm:

Especially my all time favourite song, Comfortably Numb is rather intriguing. The basic music (by Gilmour) shows its pure geniousness here better than in album version which has much flusher and deeper sound textures, orchestrations etc since it's simply more audible.

Of course it's not good as album version (d'oh) since it's that, well, demo. But it's easier to pick up basic music behind the superb soundscape Floyd records tend to have. Also, Water's original lyrics for CN are ****. Gilmour's music and solos make the demo listenable, even great (sucky sound doesn't bother much), but no way I'd listen this one for lyrics. The final version of lyrics is so much beter it ain't even funny.

Run Like Hell doesn't have lyrics yet. Surprisingly it works as instrumental song quite well. The Thin Ice has some interesting synth playing as does Young Lust, Mother sounds surprisingly good, Water's non-studio-magicked vocals tend to be horrible etc. etc.

Very interesting if you enjoy "making off" stuff which this kinda is :)

edit: in b4 "u listen with microscope"!

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

orphaned land - norra el norra

the album "mabool" is great imo and should be highly recommended to people interested in both innovative and traditional metal :p

collide - tempted

decoded feedback - phoenix

deine lakaien - over and done.

Hm... I'm trying to assemble tracks for a sampler with music I liked that came out the past five years for a gift to my father. Difficult task, especially to keep it interesting, and still enjoyable for a classic / jazz listener and player... *sigh*

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

c-c-c-combobreaker!

Roger Waters - What God Wants part 1

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

Up to date only song ever to make me cry

How I wish, how I wish you were here.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl,

year after year,

running over the same old ground. What have we found?

The same old fears,

wish you were here.

Lhasa de Sela - Desde

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

(w/ Freddie Hubbard, Joe Henderson, Ron Carter, and Tony Williams)

Heh, I watched that same clip just before watching the one I posted.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.