2008 is gonna be a lame year for games.

Bokishi

The thing is, everyone will buy (or at least rent) Fallout 3, if not to enjoy it then to look for things to mock. :)

And so, in the end, Bethesda wins. :)

There is a third option where Bethesda clearly do not win. :)

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

I have no problem with Bethesda making a Fallout game, but they just shouldn't be calling it Fallout 3 because it gives a sense that it is a continuation of Fallout 1 and 2 when it is not. Yes, I am trying to be a chirper more optimistic Sand.

*drools to the left*

I... Like... Xbox...

Um... Sorry about that. I think I need to check my cranial stitchings...

:aiee:

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Bethesda will win, and a new age of denial and bitterness will arise.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I hope Fallout 3 to be a gigantic financial success, regardless of whether it is a good game or not, just so I can taste fanboy tears.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have not played any Bethesda games yet, but I have heard that they seem to have great freedom of exploration, but lack a strong storyline. Sadly, for me the story is of paramount importance in CRPGs. That said, a company can be capable of creating a different style of game from what it usually does.

Actually, they've been cutting away at their games' freedom of exploration since Daggerfall. Which would be understandable if they used that reduction in scope to improve the writing and the storyline. But, apart from 1 or 2 quests in Oblivion, they did nothing of the sort.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I have not played any Bethesda games yet, but I have heard that they seem to have great freedom of exploration, but lack a strong storyline. Sadly, for me the story is of paramount importance in CRPGs. That said, a company can be capable of creating a different style of game from what it usually does.

Actually, they've been cutting away at their games' freedom of exploration since Daggerfall. Which would be understandable if they used that reduction in scope to improve the writing and the storyline. But, apart from 1 or 2 quests in Oblivion, they did nothing of the sort.

I would agree with that, but after playing Shivering Isles, I'm prone to think they can tell a good story, create good characters, and establish and overall atmosphere. They just need to keep the scale smaller, or trust their best writers with everything. I guess we'll see.

I hope(in vain) that they will let you actually talk to NPCs in Fallout 3, instead of using Bethesdas usual approach and having your character lumber up to an NPC and yell "Sword!" or "Quest!" to make yourself understood.

That and all the other dozens of bad design decisions that is the modus operandi of Bethesda.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I hope(in vain) that they will let you actually talk to NPCs in Fallout 3, instead of using Bethesdas usual approach and having your character lumber up to an NPC and yell "Sword!" or "Quest!" to make yourself understood.

Do they honestly do that? :)

What they actually do is have you select from a list of topics. This list of topics usually coincides with a word or phrase that the NPC says that you can get more information about.

So, if an NPC starts talking about a sword you'll get "sword" on the list to the side. You select sword and the NPC will elaborate on the sword they were talking about.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

2008 will not be a bad gam year, 2007 was the best ever, but we wil still have Empire:Total War in which Sweden is one of the main playable factions :*

I thought they hadn't confirmed any factions for sure? Maybe my info's wrong.

But, yes. This is the most highly-anticipated game on my list, provided they don't make naval battles unrealistic to the point of comedy. When my first-rates sail directly into the wind, I'm taking the DVD outside and burning it.

So, its going to be Morrowind style. Great. :*

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Do they honestly do that? :*

Yes. And if they don't answer because they don't like you, you have to shout "Joke!", "Boast!", "Coerce!" or "Admire!" in their face until they do like you. There's very little evidence that this works in real life.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

2008 will NOT be a lame year for video games.

Why? Because Duke Nukem Forever will be released. *Holds on to foolish hope*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Do they honestly do that? :*

Yes. And if they don't answer because they don't like you, you have to shout "Joke!", "Boast!", "Coerce!" or "Admire!" in their face until they do like you. There's very little evidence that this works in real life.

Ouch! That sounds like a horrid dialogue system.

What they actually do is have you select from a list of topics. This list of topics usually coincides with a word or phrase that the NPC says that you can get more information about.

So, if an NPC starts talking about a sword you'll get "sword" on the list to the side. You select sword and the NPC will elaborate on the sword they were talking about.

Thanks for the exposition. I, nevertheless, prefer the Bioware/Obsidian system of PC/NPC interaction.

2008 will not be a bad gam year, 2007 was the best ever, but we wil still have Empire:Total War in which Sweden is one of the main playable factions :thumbsup:

I thought they hadn't confirmed any factions for sure? Maybe my info's wrong.

Well, I got the info from Wikipedia so maybe it's not that accurate.

* The British Empire

* The Kingdom of France

* The Ottoman Empire

* The Kingdom of Prussia

* The Spanish Empire

* The Thirteen Colonies

* The United Provinces (Dutch Republic)

* The Swedish Empire

* The Russian Empire

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Portugal better be one of the main playable factions.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The Thirteen Colonies, Sweden and Dutch?!

Sounds more awesome by the day.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

2008 wont be a bad year if your a Sega fanboy like me ;p

Condemned 2 (360 and hopfully PC),

Universe at War (PC),

Empires: Total War (PC)

Viking Battle of Asgard (Multi) by CA total war guys.

Football Manager Live (PC + multi)

Yakuza 2 (PS2)

Yakuza Kenzan (PS3 and hopfully 360 so I can get it)

Valkyrie of the Battlefield:Gallon Chronicles

Space Seige (PC) could be good, wasnt a huge fan of DS2 though.

Sega Superstar Tennis (Multi)

All on my list.