2008 is gonna be a lame year for games.

Bokishi

Dragon Age, Total War: Empires, more NWN2 goodness, Fallout 3. I think I'm good with 2008.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ummm GTA 4 is coming out!!

I'm pretty excited for that.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

2008 actually promises to be quite incredible. At least for me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sith LIES!!! .... Star Wars Force Unleashed, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 13, Metal Gear Solid 4 ... lot's of games coming out in 2008 :blink:

Edited by JediMasterAltena

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

Sith LIES!!! .... Star Wars Force Unleashed, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 13, Metal Gear Solid 4 ... lot's of games coming out in 2008 :blink:

Final Fantasy XIII will be released in Japan in late 2008. Well just maybe, the rest of the world will have to wait even longer. As for the TSL project, i believe it when i have it installed. There's no news about any more NWN2 expansions and the rumored sequel/expansion to The Witcher seems like a vague idea at the moment. Dragon Age? Now that would be an interesting surprise.

Fallout 3 will probably suck anyway.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

One of these days, some random company nobody has heard of will make a 2D isometric RPG that looks beautiful and is deep and innovative. It'll take us back to our roots, we'll all praise it and all will be right again in the RPG world.

If only.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

One of these days, some random company nobody has heard of will make a 2D isometric RPG that looks beautiful and is deep and innovative. It'll take us back to our roots, we'll all praise it and all will be right again in the RPG world.

If only.

Well, not so innovative or deep but Basilisk Games already did it with Eschalon: Book I. :o

centinexx.png

It looks really good, if you weren't being sarcastic.

I wasn't. I'm super excited.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm even interested in the new WoW expansion. About time, Arthas!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And Age of Decadence... But they're not out yet. Time will tell.

AoD will be 3D, not 2D. It seems to be shaping up well, though :sorcerer:. If you go to their forums you'll find a draft of the combat video they're going to release soon. It looks great.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/video/combat_video_draft.avi

Wow. I haven't seen this. Thanks for the link.

centinexx.png

It's hard to know when Obsidian's next game will be released - quite possibly not in 2008, unless they do another NWN2 expansion pack or an adventure pack (and they haven't said they will). Aside from that, who can say?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Jagged Alliance 3 should be coming out. It has a chance of being on a par with Silent Storm, which is good enough in my eyes. I don't expect anyone to ever recapture the magic of the old Sir-Tech team, but I'll be happy with a decent squad based strategy game.