KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

I swore when I first read that article it said

"This might be the MMO"

now it says

"They say it's an MMO"

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No, the KOTOR III part is definately from a former employee, it's the connection to Bioware that's just their conclusion.

Well duh, that's what I'm saying

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

And since I'm a NWN player, Bioware makes good storylines

'

WAT

I was tired that evening=oP

Either way, I too hope that KOTOR3 is NOT an MMO since they fnerked SW:G totaly..=o(

Edited by Darth_Sunnyboy

"Commentary: How would YOU like to be the wholy-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning if.... uh.. you weren't one yourself i mean..." - HK-47

Ok.. So I don't wanna read ALL 40 pages, so I'll just make a list over my thougts after what I've read.

1. Obsidian and Bioware both make good games and storylines, so why not LA, obsidian, and Bioware.. And since I'm a NWN player, Bioware makes good storylines=o)

2. Why not make you create a char that has NO connection to the force what so ever, ends up in a war, and gets taken under the wings of Revan and/or the exile?

Would be cool to make the game long, and make you choose to train to be a jedi, or not.. That's what I liked 'bout KotOR 1, when you created the char., you could choose what his "base" Class, and choose when you're lvl 10 or 20 what his next class should be.. Try to get the gamer to choose diferent types of classes and then Multi class at lvl 10 for example.. and then as you reach lvl 20 - 25, you get to choose the next prestige class.. Just a thougt=o)

3. My thougt is a SP with a POSSIBLE MP RPG. Like Hellgate: London.. Unless that would be too much stress for the Devs..

Either way, I trust that the next KotOR will be a REALY good game.. I mean. KotOR 1 and 2 are good games, so the third WILL be as good either way who the Devs will be=o)

And may the force be with Y'all^^

I thought we told everyone at least 20 times that there is no possibillity that obsidian and bioware would work together, first of all EA bought Bioware, and would only work with obsidian if they were bought aswell. EA is a huge company they think they dont need help developing games outside of there company. When you dont read all of the posts before, you are asking to be flamed by paticulary all of us here. How ever in the beginning of idea 2, that doesn't sound bad at all, but then I'd push for an underaged soldier.

Edited by Bass-GameMaster

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

in the beginning of idea 2, that doesn't sound bad at all, but then I'd push for an underaged soldier.

lol. Yeah. Might as wall be playing the OLD version of SW:G where you have to train to become a Jedi.

But I think that might be an idea to concider tho. I dunno how many agrees with me in that one. Eitherway, K3 will be a good game, and I can say that since I'm a Starwars fan myself=oP

"Commentary: How would YOU like to be the wholy-owned servant to an organic meatbag? It's demeaning if.... uh.. you weren't one yourself i mean..." - HK-47

1. Obsidian and Bioware both make good games and storylines, so why not LA, obsidian, and Bioware..

Virtually impossible, since EA now owns Bioware. Besides, why would you need multiple developers for one game? Seems very redundant somehow...

2. Why not make you create a char that has NO connection to the force what so ever, ends up in a war, and gets taken under the wings of Revan and/or the exile?

Would be cool to make the game long, and make you choose to train to be a jedi, or not.. That's what I liked 'bout KotOR 1, when you created the char., you could choose what his "base" Class, and choose when you're lvl 10 or 20 what his next class should be.. Try to get the gamer to choose diferent types of classes and then Multi class at lvl 10 for example.. and then as you reach lvl 20 - 25, you get to choose the next prestige class.. Just a thougt=o)

The games are called KNIGHTS of the Old Republic. It's pretty clear what "Knights" are being referred to. I have no problem with a Star Wars CRPG focusing on a non-jedi main character, but you can't do it in a KotOR game because those are about Jedi Knights of the Old Republic.

3. My thougt is a SP with a POSSIBLE MP RPG. Like Hellgate: London.. Unless that would be too much stress for the Devs..

I don't see how it would work of a SP RPG. Besides, how many people would play that? I doubt I would, for one...

Either way, I trust that the next KotOR will be a REALY good game.. I mean. KotOR 1 and 2 are good games, so the third WILL be as good either way who the Devs will be=o)

Please don't jinx KotOR3 with comments like that... It reminds me too much of the Evil Overlord's rule no 24:

24. I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses. Even though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter the line "No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!" (After that, death is usually instantaneous.)

Quote: this, Quote: that, blah, blah, blah! You all are making a huge nuisance of pointless arguments. Just talk about what you would like to see in the game, otherwise, this forum will get EXTREMELY BORING! That's why they made this topic in the first place. 'preciate it.

Sidious: Are you threatening me Master Jedi?

Windu: The Senate will decide your fate.

Sidious: I AM THE SENATE!!!!

Windu: Not yet.

Sidious: It's treason, then.

View the action:

Quote: this, Quote: that, blah, blah, blah! You all are making a huge nuisance of pointless arguments. Just talk about what you would like to see in the game, otherwise, this forum will get EXTREMELY BORING! That's why they made this topic in the first place. 'preciate it.

That shows how ignorant you are. Who ever said discussion was polite and nice? Anyways... to help anyone who visits these forums or just happens to read this before you post

BIOWARE+OBSIDIAN=NOT GONNA HAPPEN

BIOWARE=EA

And of course a soldier couldnt run the game thats just plain silly. Ive got an idea... Is anyone else tired of being an "older" character?? It would be kind of cool if you were some char who was granted some amazing abillities.. but is only 15-20?

Just a thought, but it would be kind of cool to "age" through the game... I do not know of any GOOD games that have this concept. How many things would work im unsure.

Another idea, wouldn't it be great if there is dialogue with Revan and Exile in which you relive past battles.. like the battle of Malachor... Dxun.... and so on. It would be kind of cool to "BE" someone in one of those wars reliving the carnage and devastation of battle....

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Guest The Architect

There are primarily two things I want to see in KotOR III: a new character and no canon.

OE done such a great job of making Revan still feel like our own character without actually playing as Revan again. I'd like to see this again for Revan & the Exile in KotOR III. What they did in the past simply isn't that important. You've got a pretty simple excuse to mask their appearances, too. They're in True Sith space, fighting against the True Sith. How in the **** are they supposed to do this without being "undercover Sith" trying to take them over from within, or actually genuinely attempting to take them over from within as Sith?

As far as former companions that are likely to play a role in KotOR III, either as an active party member or just as a character in the plot, they're either alive, dead, Jedi or Sith, or in the case of the Exile's companions, Dark Jedi. Pretty easy to work out.

HK & T3 are pretty much a given as party members, Mandalore's a shoe in for a role in KotOR III, and personally I think the devs should just bite the bullet and throw in Carth no matter what, and ditto for Bastila, because they have so much more to offer to the plot if they're not just optional cameo characters.

As far as everything else goes, I trust in OE's capabilities to deliver good material.

Well, I agree with The_Arcitect when it comes to make you relive the past of Revan and the Exile in the Mandalorian war. Perhaps one of the Jedies that either joined them or fought against them in the war. Make your OWN desision when it comes to the battles. So in the end it comes back to the question: Should the storyline start with the Mandalorian wars or prior?

And I would also like to apologise if some of the posts I write, are annoying, or annything like that, since I'm a first time Forum poster for pre-dev. games. =o(

I will try and do my best to keep it from happening again.. Although as Master Yoda would say: Do or do not. There is no try.

There are primarily two things I want to see in KotOR III: a new character and no canon.

I think basing it off the established canon can make things a little easier for the writers, since they now only have one story to account for, not several.

OE done such a great job of making Revan still feel like our own character without actually playing as Revan again. I'd like to see this again for Revan & the Exile in KotOR III. What they did in the past simply isn't that important. You've got a pretty simple excuse to mask their appearances, too. They're in True Sith space, fighting against the True Sith. How in the **** are they supposed to do this without being "undercover Sith" trying to take them over from within, or actually genuinely attempting to take them over from within as Sith?

One big misconception people have about Revan is that he isn't the Mysterious Stranger anymore. Now that most of his memories have returned, he is a totally different man.

As far as former companions that are likely to play a role in KotOR III, either as an active party member or just as a character in the plot, they're either alive, dead, Jedi or Sith, or in the case of the Exile's companions, Dark Jedi. Pretty easy to work out.
No established canon? What if I didn't make all of my party members Jedi?

HK & T3 are pretty much a given as party members, Mandalore's a shoe in for a role in KotOR III, and personally I think the devs should just bite the bullet and throw in Carth no matter what, and ditto for Bastila, because they have so much more to offer to the plot if they're not just optional cameo characters.

As far as everything else goes, I trust in OE's capabilities to deliver good material.

T3 - yes

HK-47 - To be quite honest, stuff him in that Hammerhead-class cruiser headed to Mustafar. He's built his HK-51 army, and I don't think he has much purpose in the Unknown Regions

Canderous - Too busy reuniting the Mandalorians

Carth - Under your "no establishment of canon" caveat, he might not even be alive

Bastila - she would probably be a late game addition, pending where the game begins

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Are these threads still going? Wow, I mean, they should really work on this game and I think they will. Everyone I have heard talking about Kotor III says that you will hear about it after the force unleashed is launched. Well, we have been waiting now for.. uhm 2 years, 3 maybe. About time something will be done. But about the rumours that it would be an MMO? Well, if that were the case, that would be one very bad decision.

It would piss off everyone, not only the people who like to have MMO's. It would also piss of the people who have played Kotor I & II who liked the storyline. MMO's do not have a good storyline. Simple.

What Kotor III should have:

1) Make the option to select YOUR Revan / Exile

2) Make a new character

3) Let it take place within 10 years from Kotor II, less is perfect, maybe even start it during the events of Kotor II but not a long time after to make a cheap and easy solution to get rid of all Kotor I & II main characters and party members

4) That's obvious, It should be a single player game

Master Vandar lives!

I think basing it off the established canon can make things a little easier for the writers, since they now only have one story to account for, not several.

Nah, it can be done. Both The Architect, myself and others have written speculative K3 plots that took this into account, and if we can do it, then certainly professional writers can as well. Might require some straining in places, but that mostly have to do with gender and appearance and so would be a problem anyway. Besides, Revan's gender and alignment remain optional in TSL, so that you could make Revan female and/or dark sided if you wanted. If you don't get the same option for exile in the next game, it will taste like gender bias and alienate potential players. To some people Revan and/or exile will always be dark sided. To me the exile will always be LS male.

One big misconception people have about Revan is that he isn't the Mysterious Stranger anymore. Now that most of his memories have returned, he is a totally different man.

Getting his memories back does not make him different as a matter of course - it depends on what he decides to become when confronted with these memories. Indeed, isn't that the choice Revan made back in K1? Embrace the dark side again and reclaim his title or remain on the LS? Sure, some of Revan's choices are a result of those memories, but then we already know that those are the reason he left to fight the true Sith. That confrontation could have changed Revan a lot in the four years he has already been out there when TSL begins, though.

No established canon? What if I didn't make all of my party members Jedi?

Then they were trained after the exile left - they were force sensitive and had the potential whether you built it in your game or not.

T3 - yes

HK-47 - To be quite honest, stuff him in that Hammerhead-class cruiser headed to Mustafar. He's built his HK-51 army, and I don't think he has much purpose in the Unknown Regions

Canderous - Too busy reuniting the Mandalorians

Carth - Under your "no establishment of canon" caveat, he might not even be alive

Bastila - she would probably be a late game addition, pending where the game begins

No, whatever K3 becomes, it must have T3 and HK-47 in there. They are the R2 and 3PO of KotOR, the chroniclers of the story, if you will.

I'd leave Canderous and Carth as NPCs you'll meet, but not companions. And they should be important with Carth as the leader of the Republic fleet and Canderous leading the Mandalorians. So what if Carth is dead - he just gets replaced by his "understudy" Cede like he was in TSL (though with less dialogue and cutscenes).

As for Bastila, I'd make her a pivotal character - she is the link to Revan through their mutual bond.

There is just ONE question that I would like to get out, and that is:

Can we choose race as well??

Dunno what you other folx think 'bout that.