KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

Well, the prequel is supposed to continue in the same timeline, or same "setting", as the comics that portrayed Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, etc, but Bioware obviously thought it was better to make the look of the game more in tune with the movie trilogy then the Assyrianic imagery of the comics. It's funny though, 4000 in the past and the technology and art are exactly the same. It's like the whole universe is a stagnant pool.

I think the comics are geeky, but I really enjoyed the art and would have liked Bioware to retain the look, but hell, it's too late now...

But considering that 4000 years is actually a very small segment of history in the SW timeline, it really doesn't sound that far-fetched.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

In KOTOR III, there should be more improved moves, powers, and ESPECIALLY storyline. People have wining and groaning that the storyline of KOTOR II was not enough, that it "sucked", that it needs improvements. Whoever creates the oncoming, inevitable KOTOR III game, better actually finish the dang thing, and not just slap everything together like some previous Star Wars games had happen like KOTOR II (though the moves, feats, and powers were carefully thought out) and Jedi Knight 3. I'd like to see stances like the ones on the bottom. Of course, the creator of the game should also make up som all-new Forms. If KOTOR III had all these forms plus some decent ones, I'd be the first one to buy the game when it comes out. :) There's no doubt that it WILL come out, but it's just a matter of when.

post-23668-1211815898_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1211816057_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1211816169_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1211816420_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1211816527_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1211816616_thumb.jpg

post-23668-1211816714_thumb.jpg

Sidious: Are you threatening me Master Jedi?

Windu: The Senate will decide your fate.

Sidious: I AM THE SENATE!!!!

Windu: Not yet.

Sidious: It's treason, then.

View the action:

Maybe it's just me, but TSL's storyline was thought out. It had way more depth than the first one, which was kind of a rehash.

Whether you prefer the more Star Warsy storyline with a big twist or the darker story of TSL is up to you. I for one like both. What needs to happen though, is that the story is actually complete, don't cut things to get an earlier release date.

As long as the developer gets the time they need, the story should be fine.

Dark Wastl: Maybe it's just me, but TSL's storyline was thought out.

*chuckle* I truly doubt that the storyline was actually thought out. They slapped the whole storyline together. They didn't take their time to try to get quality, no. The only thing they aimed for was, as you said, "to get it out at an earlier date." That's poor quality game making. If it were me making KOTOR II, I would have released it later so then I can make double, triple, even quadruble sure that the storyline was good, complete, and ready.

Edited by Darth_Revan1990

View the action:

Maybe it's just me, but TSL's storyline was thought out. It had way more depth than the first one, which was kind of a rehash.

Whether you prefer the more Star Warsy storyline with a big twist or the darker story of TSL is up to you. I for one like both. What needs to happen though, is that the story is actually complete, don't cut things to get an earlier release date.

As long as the developer gets the time they need, the story should be fine.

I agree. I thought the storyline was great, just unfinished. What was in the game was still amazing.

*chuckle* I truly doubt that the storyline was actually thought out. They slapped the whole storyline together. They didn't take their time to try to get quality, no. The only thing they aimed for was, as you said, "to get it out at an earlier date." That's poor quality game making. If it were me making KOTOR II, I would have released it later so then I can make double, triple, even quadruble sure that the storyline was good, complete, and ready.

That's total hogwash.

The game was clunky because LA decided to cut two months off the already rediculously short development schedule some time after the project was half-way through development. Yes, stuff was not implemented well, but by that time the plot had long, long since been decided upon, or do you think a developer like Obsidian (or anyone else for that matter) begins writing the game without a plan for what sort of places, characters, fights, etc. is required by the plot beforehand? Nonsense. Of course the plot was set by then. But there are two things that must be considered here.

1. LA slashed two monts of the deadline. That meant lots of stuff couldn't be finished by the time the game was to be released, but you can blame neither the plot nor Obisidian for that, because it wasn't their decision - if LA says to put the game out for xmas (which was NOT the original intent), then what they say goes because they own Star Wars. Period. Obsidian have no say in that. They just get to decide how to make it happen. No, it wasn't pretty seeing the droid factory slashed along with the majority of endings for the companions or indeed the highly sad state Malachor V ended up in. But that's LA's choice for deciding to swing the axe on the deadline. Yes, it did mean some stuff wasn't explained as well as it should have been. But it does not change the plot because...

2. TSL is SUPPOSED to be open ended! It was always meant to be. It's an "Empire Strikes Back" sort of ending, not a "New Hope" or "Return of the Jedi" kind of ending. Now, I'd agree that with all the cut stuff, it looks very unpolished, but the plot is there and it's solid on it's own. Elements of the plot are unresolved because they were meant to be - KotOR3 was already in the planning stages, only it then too got axed. But again, that's LA's choice, not the fault of Obsidian's writing, which was far deeper, more original and interesting that Bioware's rehash of the original trilogy in the first game.

KOTOR II TSL is an example of what obsidian can do, the fact that it was rushed.. and still was a great game gives them more credit. Give Obsidian the chance to have 2 years or less to work on a sequel and I gurantee greatness..

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

So about some KOTOR III ideas: In the game it should start out where this time your main character is Bastila. Your mission is to look for Revan and find him somewhere where ever he is because towards the end of KOTOR II, Bastila was asking about Revan's whereabouts. In KOTOR III, you also get new powers, moves, and feats (including all the ones in K1 and K2). Then when you find Revan (just a heads up, he's male in this idea), you and him get married secretly. No one knows about the marriage, not even the Jedi High Council (JHC) knows. Then the JHC gives both of you two really hard assignments in order to destroy the Sith "once and for all." Obviously they come back 4,000 years later during the time when Palpatine... well you know. Anyway, the sith that you fight this time should be much tougher, as you don't fight any until after you have found Revan. After you find him, then you are at level 40 (there should be 70 level ups total). The Sith you fight are all at level 45, just for the entertainment. Before you fight Sith, you already have about 400 medpacks, 300 life support packs, and 350 advanced medpacks (that should get you by for a while :shrugz:). All enemies are either at level 30 or higher, so then you can have more fun at the game. Some new feats would be nice such as: Two-People Fighting- With this awesom feat, your character automatically blocks off any melee or lightsaber attack. Levels are: Two-People Fighting, Improved Two-People Fighting, and Master Two-People Fighting. A nice, new power that I would like to see is a Dark Side Power called something like, Force Barrel Jump- A Dark Side power where one ignites their lightsaber, jumps and immediantly twirls in the air moving towards the enemy, like a barrel and almost instantly killing the enemy, practically striking them down no matter how high there defense or dexterity is (even if it's over 100!). I'D BE UNSTOPPABLE!!! But you don't get that power until you reach level 50 of Sith Lord.

View the action:

Thread pruned. This is a great series of threads, perhaps our oldest and most popular. Please don't spam it or fill it with insults.

Actually, this is the first time this thread has become awesome. Thank you Darth Revan1990, thank you.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

My wish list for KotOR 3:

1. Use Saga ruleset. And yes, that includes TB combat. :(

2. Get MCA to write the story. 'Nuff said.

3. Don't make taking Jedi levels mandatory. It's fine as an option, but show some love to other classes.

20795.jpg

[quote name='H

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Saga ruleset might be great but please please please no TB combat in my jedi game. I love TB combat but it doesn't fit in lightsaber fights at all

In fact I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out "perfect" combat system for Kotor. TB lightsaberbattles etc. would be just... awkward. Real time fights a la Jedi Academy makes up for some great combat system but they doesn't have any class and nor do they resemble lightsaberfights at all (*shudders at his Jedi Outcast multiplayer memories* ).

Two words: Dwarf Fortress. Things you can do with pointy sticks in that game... :down:

RTwP isn't the devil it is made out to be sometimes and I think it would be best way to go. KotOR fights are joy to watch on basis of animations alone (and really alone on that, only reason I've got some enjoyment out of Kotor combat were queing different atacks and enjoy the spectacle) but mechanics are way too simplified and core. Tactical depth is harmed above all small party and horrendous enemy AI. Not to mention thousands of other minor nuisances.

And it has way too less stuff going in it, be them feats or whatever. KotOR II tried to change this and thus add more depth and fun but ridiculous easiness stole all good things that might've come with it.

Good KotOR combat is tough nut to crack.

My main problem with RTwP is that you have no idea of the order in which characters are going to take turns. It wasn't a big trouble in KotOR, but it can be very annoying in games that have "glass cannon" classes. Mages in Infinity Engine RPGs pwned everything, but you had to be pretty damn sure that an enemy fighter won't reach your squishy caster before he unleashes his power.

I'd really like to have SW RPG without jedies but let's face it, Star Wars = Lightsabers = Jedis

And technically it would be nigh-impossible to defeat siths/jedis without Force abilities and lightsaber skills

Nope. In KotOR 2 blasters were more than a match to lightsabers if you took the right feats.

20795.jpg

And don't forget, Order 66 involved Jedi getting shot.

And also, skills in demolitions are a great asset in killing Jedi. It doesn't take a Force Sensitive to use mines and bombs

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

That doesn't say much. Enemies are supposed to die. Point is, if you know what you are doing, you can easily gun Darth Sion down without breaking a sweat, despite all his fencing prowess. Lightsabers are for sexually insecure.

20795.jpg

Not if you're playing with at a level of difficulty. If you're using a blaster, and a Sith uses a lightsaber with a damage rating of about 30-50 energy, you're screwed. That says alot.

Edited by Darth_Revan1990

View the action:

Actually, gunslingers tend to have higher AC, so no, you are not. Besides, there is always the Energy Resistance power that effectively halves the damage you receive from lightsaber-wielding enemies.

20795.jpg

Yes but then again in KOTOR lightsabers didnt function as they should.

Lioghtsber doesnt cause damage it cuts and kills. (blocks blasters as well)

In order to defeat a Jedi you need many gunners at them and u need to take them by surprize.

So yeah if you are a blaster character against a dark lord your royaly screwed. End of story.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

So about some KOTOR III ideas: In the game it should start out where this time your main character is Bastila.

Bastila might have been possible for K2, but after her role in K2, she could never be the playable, main character.

Your mission is to look for Revan and find him somewhere where ever he is because towards the end of KOTOR II, Bastila was asking about Revan's whereabouts. In KOTOR III, you also get new powers, moves, and feats (including all the ones in K1 and K2).

Some of those feats are pure crap, like Battle Meditation. Yay! Now everyone can be like Bastila! I think the entire structure should be rebuilt save for the essential basics which are fine as they are. (Armor Proficiency, Attacks, Skill Bonuses)

Then when you find Revan (just a heads up, he's male in this idea), you and him get married secretly. No one knows about the marriage, not even the Jedi High Council (JHC) knows. Then the JHC gives both of you two really hard assignments in order to destroy the Sith "once and for all." Obviously they come back 4,000 years later during the time when Palpatine... well you know.

So thats an idea for if your PC tells whoever that Revan was male (like Exile telling Atton). What about the other possibilities? We must romance Revan? That would be a major story changer.

Anyway, the sith that you fight this time should be much tougher, as you don't fight any until after you have found Revan. After you find him, then you are at level 40 (there should be 70 level ups total). The Sith you fight are all at level 45, just for the entertainment....

...All enemies are either at level 30 or higher, so then you can have more fun at the game.

:lol:

Good KotOR combat is tough nut to crack.
^^^ Everyone has different ideas of how to implement a battle system. How about playing around with the idea of Dark Alliance/Drake's Fortune kind of system. Seems like more and more RPGs are going that way (AP, right?)

Before you fight Sith, you already have about 400 medpacks, 300 life support packs, and 350 advanced medpacks (that should get you by for a while ;)).
:facepalmri6: No.

Some new feats would be nice such as: Two-People Fighting- With this awesome feat, your character automatically blocks off any melee or lightsaber attack. Levels are: Two-People Fighting, Improved Two-People Fighting, and Master Two-People Fighting. A nice, new power that I would like to see is a Dark Side Power called something like, Force Barrel Jump- A Dark Side power where one ignites their lightsaber, jumps and immediately twirls in the air moving towards the enemy, like a barrel and almost instantly killing the enemy, practically striking them down no matter how high there defense or dexterity is (even if it's over 100!). I'd be unstoppable! But you don't get that power until you reach level 50 of Sith Lord.

Palpatine style. :down: Good idea. Level 50 Sith, not so much. That or a variation could be for the LS character as well. The Two People Fighting idea isn't so good. Barrel jump would be insanely awesome though. :happy0203:

But does anyone have anything to say regarding for some ideas for KOTOR III?

KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24 This has been around forever. The incumbents are just tired of it. :p

Thread pruned. This is a great series of threads, perhaps our oldest and most popular. Please don't spam it or fill it with insults.

Actually, this is the first time this thread has become awesome. Thank you Darth_Revan1990, thank you.

Apparently this incumbent disagrees with that statement. :)

Twitter | @Insevin

Yes but then again in KOTOR lightsabers didn't function as they should.

Lightsabers don't cause damage they cut and kill. (blocks blasters as well)

In order to defeat a Jedi you need many gunners at and you need to take them by surprise.

So yeah if you are a blaster character against a dark lord you're royally screwed. End of story.

KOTOR has thus far proven blasters have a chance of effectiveness against saber wielders. :down: I'd rather not take the risks, however.

Twitter | @Insevin

KOTOR has thus far proven blasters have a chance of effectiveness against saber wielders. :thumbsup: I'd rather not take the risks, however.

I disagree. If you have the Master Jedi Defence, blasters are no match for you. Period.

View the action: