KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

Thread Pruned: Are we going to try to make an effort to play nice with one another, or shall I set up time-out corners?

*wonders whether that was rhetorical or hopeful ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Just wanted to add what they always say-

EUC: Now, here comes to unavoidable: Kotor III- Do you think it will happen? If so, is it possible Obsidian could take it?

Chris Avellone: I have no idea, except to say we

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

ive been hearing rumors from g4.tv that there is going to be a kIII. i think thats why bioware and lucasarts teamed up and i want to know if they do would you consider joining them if you did i think that there would be a great storyline, graffics,and combat. if your company's teams up it will be in the race for game of the year

Edited by master death

Thread pruned - if people choose to bait one another, I will actually have to move from the Roost ... so let's not do so ...

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

• 2 weeks later...

im not sure if most ppl know this, but based on what ive seen people are , idont know, trying to give developers ideas, but the knights of the old republic series is based on comic books so........ yeah :D

...but the knights of the old republic series is based on comic books so........ yeah :D

No. The comics are based on Knights of the Old Republic and were made after both of the games came out. :bat::)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Actually it`s a bit of both heh... The KOTOR comics indeed came after the game(s) but the games also drew uppon several elements form the comics preceeding kotor (Golden age of the sith, U. Q-D and the beast wars of Onderon etc. etc. etc.)

Quite a nice mix actually. If you`re not fammiliar with SW comics you get through the games none the wiser, but if you are there`s loads of candy in it... :ermm:

..but the games also drew uppon several elements form the comics preceeding kotor (Golden age of the sith, U. Q-D and the beast wars of Onderon etc. etc. etc.)

Indirectly, yes. But if you actually look at both the comics and the games you will see that there are quite a few major differences. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Well, the prequel is supposed to continue in the same timeline, or same "setting", as the comics that portrayed Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma, etc, but Bioware obviously thought it was better to make the look of the game more in tune with the movie trilogy then the Assyrianic imagery of the comics. It's funny though, 4000 in the past and the technology and art are exactly the same. It's like the whole universe is a stagnant pool.

I think the comics are geeky, but I really enjoyed the art and would have liked Bioware to retain the look, but hell, it's too late now...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds