KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

RPG's thrive on romances... this is obvious, when kotor 3 is release game critics are going to fly through to beat the game. If their isn't good romance, like a repeat of number 2 then they will most likely laugh and throw the game away. Just add more dialogue+Deep Romances+Consequences+and ETC.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

They should let you kill off some of the potential party members for DS and reject some for LS. Have a pool of like 20 throughout game and only 15 slots or whatever.

Twitter | @Insevin

They should let you kill off some of the potential party members for DS and reject some for LS. Have a pool of like 20 throughout game and only 15 slots or whatever.

That works for me. Or just allow you to say, "no thanks" to people that want to become your followers, but you don't like them.

OR, you could end up with just a massively huge base instead of the Ebon Hawk, and have unlimited slots for party members. That would be sweet...

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Grunt soldiers would be sweet. 50 guys with nothing but standard energy shields, combat suits, and blaster rifles. :thumbsup:

Maybe even adding one battle thats FPS size. Lag central probably though. :)

Twitter | @Insevin

Well don`t hold your breath on that one, the age of having twice the potential party members than slots is over. The trend seems to be going towars lower numbers but greater depth. Can`t say I really mind that. I`ll take 9 solidly develped guys over 20 options of shallow/inconsequencial ones any day. BG nostalgia is getting the better of too many people imho heh...

Guest The Architect

Quality > Quantity.

Besides what would you need so many people for?

I mean in K1, given the subtlety your mission required for success, the importance of it and your transportation, bringing along 8 or so extra characters would've been pointless, since you're already covered with the necessary skills, and even if you had a large formidable group of fighters, your group becomes more overpowered than it already is, and lets face it, the difficulty of the gameplay was already simple as for the most part, plus you're more likely to use the same party members over and over again and neglect several of them, thus negating their significance of being there in the first place.

It's pretty much the same story with K2, only bringing along more companions than there were would've doomed the mission to failure since, while the Exile would've had more to draw from and thus been more powerful, the Sith would've had more to feed on and the group would've been vulnerable to more attention than what was wanted.

I can't see K3 being any different in terms of the significance of the main mission you and your companions will undertake and the need to slip under the radar as much as possible during the course of it, so yeah, personally I'd go with 5-8 companions, and whether they want to make one or two of them dependant on the players sex/side would be okay I guess.

Edited by The Architect

I can't see K3 being any different in terms of the significance of the main mission you and your companions will undertake and the need to slip under the radar as much as possible during the course of it, so yeah, personally I'd go with 5-8 companions, and whether they want to make one or two of them dependant on the players sex/side would be okay I guess.

Agreed. While I like the NPCs of both games (yes, even G0T0), I've always wondered what the point of up to 10 NPCs was, when you could only take two of them with you in the group. Having a few above the number allowed in the group is okay because it allows the player some variety and strategy in to construct the active group, but honestly, how many of us used T3 in K1 or G0T0 in TSL?

I'd rather have fewer characters with more dialogue and story to them. I mean, as much as I like Visas, you can have one long conversation with her when she joins the group in TSL, and if you're thorough in that conversation, she has virtually nothing more to say for the rest of the game. Actually, same pretty much goes for Mira. And Bao-Dur may be a softspoken, quiet guy, but is that really all he has to say? TSL was an improvement over K1 in this regard, but the characters should still have much, much more contribute with and far more spontaneous comments to make on the protagonist's choices.

The original movies had less major characters: Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, 3PO, R2 and Ben (replaced by Lando in ESB and ROTJ). That's seven major characters, which is fine to me. Obviously HK and T3 will be droids, and we have the protagonist. Four more beyond that is enough, although in KotOR games, at least two of those should probably be jedi/sith. Besides, less characters gives each of them a better chance to be a prominent influence in the plot. How much impact did Juhani or T3 have in K1 or Mira or Disicple in TSL? They could probably have been cut with very little impact to the plot...

I agree with Quality > Quantity. But yes JediPhile is right, most of the characters were either not used, or hardly. I never used T3,Mission, or GO-T0. But gaining your party members, is just so limited. You go darkside, you get 2 party members, you go Light Side... you get 2 party members. There should be parts in the game when you lose a party member because of a choice you made, and potentially gain another. I didn't think their was enough "bad" characters in both KOTOR's. And im clueless on who the PRotaginist is going to be.. some apprentice... some washed up jedi, or some powerfull dude..

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Just because the option to get nooky with her and train all your party into jedi is there that doesnt mean you have to take it. It`s you failing the code not the game makers.

But tha'ts just the point - I can choose to not take those options, but it means ONLY that there are parts of the game I don't get to see. There is NO other impact, good or bad. Conversely, if I choose to pursue those options, I get NO negative impact or actually positive (as with Bastila in K1), so there is no downside to defying the jedi code, which is a cop-out.

Don't get me wrong - the jedi code is stupid in this regard. I don't blame people for choosing against it. But it speaks ill of the jedi council that their code dictates this, when seems to solve nothing, and given how wise the masters are supposed to be, it means that the credibilty of the plot suffers as a result.

Presumably the ban on relationships is there to protect the jedi from being swept away by their feelings. As such I understand that, but all the evidence in Star Wars speaks to the contrary. You could mention Anakin, but I never bought that - Anakin always wanted power, and in that regard his love for Padme and need to save her from some uncertain possibly harmful future just became a convenient excuse for him to delude himself into thinking he chose the dark side for some greater good. Jolee's story of his wife is far more to the point in K1, but it's just one he tells in one conversation in the game and not one we experience.

well said. it seems to me the jedi didnt like romances because of what kind of attachment they would form. you saw what happened with anakin, and I think he let his greed to have her influence him in a negative way. blah whatever.

I think four party members would be nice, each with their distinct personalities. It would be good for the game because if one isnt used very frequently their could be problems later on.

Anyway after what seems like an age of waiting for a k3 im beginning to lose hope.

Edited by jclark1675

It will come!

Only in our lifetime?????? Im not sure bout that

Lets just hope lucasarts will do it our make someone do it after force unleasehed.

Beside until now every console except from ps3 and xbox360 has an exclusive.

Xbox360 exclusive: Trailer of KOTOR3????????

i meant that every console has an exclusive in force unleashed.

Wii: has dual mode

Ps2: extra levels

DS: they say different control?

Only PS3 and Xbox360 have nothing that is exclusive for their version.

So mayby for Xbox an trailer for KOTOR 3 and well PS3 i don't know something.

I like this guy. He reminds me of myself, back when I still had wild brash hope and overoptimism. In 05 I think it was...

Years change a man wolva, cherishe the innocence. Don`t let yourself be turned into desillusioned cynics like most of us are now.

:lol:

Personally... K3 trailer with FU? I think 2nd coming of Jesus is more likely. Would have made my day thoe heh... (K3, not Jesus.)

Edited by Brdavs

It could be interesting to have more than two supporting characters while going around beating monsters. In KotOR there are 9 supporting characters, therefore the ratio is 3 / 9. In KotOR II the ratio is 3 / 14. Why not have a group of 4-5 supporters for this possible sequel?

Just wanted to add what they always say-

EUC: Now, here comes to unavoidable: Kotor III- Do you think it will happen? If so, is it possible Obsidian could take it?

Chris Avellone: I have no idea, except to say we

Twitter | @Insevin

I have this hope that one day im going to go online and see something like this:

Kotor 3 in development

:( WTF?

Bad tags, it should have been this:

Kotor 3 in development

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Honestly, if I had a penny for every time someone claimed KotOR3 is in development...

I think he was saying that he hoped to see that it was in development someday, not that is was currently in production. >_<

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Just wanted to add what they always say-

EUC: Now, here comes to unavoidable: Kotor III- Do you think it will happen? If so, is it possible Obsidian could take it?

Chris Avellone: I have no idea, except to say we

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)