KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

I'm betting we'll hear something on K3 shortly post-release of Aliens and Alpha Protocol.

Oh, I hope you're right. In a perfect world you'd be right. I was really hoping for a while that the secret Bioware/LA project would be announced next month (since it's the 30th anniversary of SW) as K3, but after thinking it over, it would be SO much better if OE did it

The closest thing to news was reading an article somewhere, where the person said, "We haven't forgotten KoTOR, it will not be left behind" or something along those lines. Would it hurt her to say, "Yeah, we're planning it this year, next year, in two years whatever, why the hell can't they give some info on the matter, it's not againts the NDA to mention plans about it, wth? Anyone?

I think THIS is the article.

Edited by babydol

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

I'm betting we'll hear something on K3 shortly post-release of Aliens and Alpha Protocol.

Oh, I hope you're right. In a perfect world you'd be right. I was really hoping for a while that the secret Bioware/LA project would be announced next month (since it's the 30th anniversary of SW) as K3, but after thinking it over, it would be SO much better if OE did it

The closest thing to news was reading an article somewhere, where the person said, "We haven't forgotten KoTOR, it will not be left behind" or something along those lines. Would it hurt her to say, "Yeah, we're planning it this year, next year, in two years whatever, why the hell can't they give some info on the matter, it's not againts the NDA to mention plans about it, wth? Anyone?

I think THIS is the article.

Bravo. I was somewhat close lol

has anyone read something, that I wasn't able to find in the forums, to actually shed some light on the situation?

There's a good chance the MMORPG project will be a Star Wars game set between Episode III-IV, since it'd be fitting with the timing leading to the advertising and build up of the upcoming TV series set between Ep III & IV, although I'm not sure how that'd work out given the low number of Jedi and resistance to the Empire there would be at that time.

Not sure there are that few jedi left. Order 66 mostly just did away with the council and the top jedi, but there could still be any number out there. Somehow it would be cool if people get to play jedi only to hunted down and killed by the Empire - serves the little munchkin-fanboys right :devil:

Bioware: "Certainly you can play a jedi in the new MMORPG."

Fanboy: "Oh that is, like, so cool. I'll make TEH MOST POWAFUL JEDI EVA! HE'LL ROXXORS!"

(Don't ask - I don't even know what that means...)

Bioware: "Sure. Just choose 'jedi' here and go min/max your stats..." [continues while slipping knife in player's back].

That would be cool. It'd be worth it just to watch all the little munchkin wanna-be jedi players get wiped out over servers worldwide for their immature little fanboy jedi wet dreams. Sure, they'll be upset, but then they are anyway. Maybe that's why LA and Bioware made a separate website for this :p

#1 new planet to add to kotor3: Coruscant. Probably said a dozen times already :p

More like dozens of dozens of times... if not dozens of dozens of dozens of times.

I know I've said it often enough :o

So what would happen to Star Wars Galexies if an MMO was made?

AFAIK, Sony's license for a Star Wars MMORPG is set to run out in 2009, which incidentally just happens to be the year the tv show begins.

So my suspicion would be that Galaxies will be discontinued and shut down to make way for a new MMORPG set in the time between episodes III and IV just like the tv show will be.

But we'll have to wait and see, I guess. Not that I'll play either anyway...

So what would happen to Star Wars Galexies if an MMO was made?

AFAIK, Sony's license for a Star Wars MMORPG is set to run out in 2009, which incidentally just happens to be the year the tv show begins.

So my suspicion would be that Galaxies will be discontinued and shut down to make way for a new MMORPG set in the time between episodes III and IV just like the tv show will be.

But we'll have to wait and see, I guess. Not that I'll play either anyway...

Makes a lot of sense. Guess everyone wants a piece of the MMORPG market, sad really.

The real tv-show isn't likely to start in 2009, last word was 2010 at the earliest.

Both Wookieepedia and IMDb still lists it to be expected in 2009.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_l...ction_TV_series

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458291/

Besides, even if it is postponed, it makes little difference to the argument - games are notorious for being delayed too, TSL being a notable exception in that it was released two months before originally planned... :p

Edited by Jediphile

Besides, even if it is postponed, it makes little difference to the argument - games are notorious for being delayed too, TSL being a notable exception in that it was released two months before originally planned... :p

Let's hope KoTOR 3 will be the same. :o

Someone suggested on another forum for Kotor 3 to be telling a story about the whole Mandalorian War and the events that happened there, anyone else thinks that this would be a good idea, or even a possibility, somewhat a prologue.

I would prefer to delve into the whole 'Unknown Regions' thing BEFORE worrying about a prequel. But later, sure (and HK and his Mandalorian can be there :) ).

Mmm yeah, you're right, it's something worth continuing, I'm sure everyone is curious about Revan.

Errr... You do know he is Mandalor, right?

Mind = blown

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Someone suggested on another forum for Kotor 3 to be telling a story about the whole Mandalorian War and the events that happened there, anyone else thinks that this would be a good idea, or even a possibility, somewhat a prologue.

As KotOR3? No.

As a KotOR CRPG? No.

As a Star Wars computer game. Sure.

The thing is, prequels are notoriously difficult, because nothing can happen that might possibly contradict the established chain of events in the material already written and set chronologically later. This is a problem for both books and films, and I think it's worse for a CPRG, because the backgrounds tend to be more expansive on account of the games being interactive and the plot dictated by the choices of the player. That will make it very difficult to write a CRPG plot with real player choices that won't conflict with what is in KotOR, TSL or even the KotOR comic books. I mean, if you set it during the Mandalorian Wars, there is no way around Revan and Exile, because they are pivotal characters of that conflict. What then do they look like? What genders are they? What are their motives? Well, you have to avoid all that like the plague because those details are chosen by the player in KotOR and TSL. That puts a huge strain on what sort of plot you can tell.

It can work in other genres, though. RTS or FPS games (like Battlefront in the latter case) might be okay. But otherwise no.

I used to think I'd like a game like that, but since the KotOR comic is now busy chronicling the Mandalorian Wars, I like the idea less. Too many cooks and all that...

Besides, KotOR3 needs to deal with the True Sith after TSL. I mean, we were left with a cliffhanger... We need that story finished, or it would be like doing "Empire Strikes Back" without doing "Return of the Jedi" next.

Guest The Architect

Yeah I hear you Jediphile. There are likely still a relatively large number of Force sensitives around. It's a large galaxy after all, and they wouldn't need training to level up, just "uber massive damage biotch XP from killz with skillz!" to improve. We're talking about MMORPG's, after all... :shifty:

In conjunction with your idea, it would be neat if they applied a level cap to each character a fanbo1 n00b makes, so that once they reach that certain level, they watch their character get flayed alive by stormtroopers, or fed to the sarlacc pit, or to Jabbas' rancor, I mean you can expect Tatooine, right? I hear it's in pretty much every other Star Wars game... :shifty:

And yeah K3 must certainly not be a prequel. Besides we know how Star Wars plots end up when they go backwards. :shifty: But then that's always going to happen when you get a metrosexual gayboy like me to play the role of a dude who is to transform into a super bad ass villain, and when you get arguably the biggest geek in sci-fi history to write the oh-so fabulous lines spoken in them, and play with the CGI like a kid in a sandbox. :shifty:

Yeah I hear you Jediphile. There are likely still a relatively large number of Force sensitives around. It's a large galaxy after all, and they wouldn't need training to level up, just "uber massive damage biotch XP from killz with skillz!" to improve. We're talking about MMORPG's, after all... :shifty:

In conjunction with your idea, it would be neat if they applied a level cap to each character a fanbo1 n00b makes, so that once they reach that certain level, they watch their character get flayed alive by stormtroopers, or fed to the sarlacc pit, or to Jabbas' rancor, I mean you can expect Tatooine, right? I hear it's in pretty much every other Star Wars game... :shifty:

And yeah K3 must certainly not be a prequel. Besides we know how Star Wars plots end up when they go backwards. :shifty: But then that's always going to happen when you get a metrosexual gayboy like me to play the role of a dude who is to transform into a super bad ass villain, and when you get arguably the biggest geek in sci-fi history to write the oh-so fabulous lines spoken in them, and play with the CGI like a kid in a sandbox. :shifty:

haha, I suppose you're right, I was just contemplating it, simply because the Mandalorian War is something that could be very be easily covered, and since I don't read any sort of Star Wars comics thought it would be somewhat a nice idea. But theres much that can happen after TSL.

Guest The Architect

Nah that's alright, I wasn't mocking you for suggesting it or anything. It's the ones that think "1T WULD B3 S0 KEWL!1!1!" who seem to disregard other ideas in favour of their own that I pity. :shifty:

There's certainly potential in a Battlefront-esque Star Wars game set in the Mandalorian Wars, especially if, in spite of it contradicting canon, you could blast Malak's stupid bald head off before he gets a chance to open his big fat mouth and make you cringe like always. :shifty:

I mean I wasn't a fan of either Battlefront game but you could see how they could make a MW set one good, though.

Oh and Perth > Melbourne... :shifty:

Edited by The Architect

Nah that's alright, I wasn't mocking you for suggesting it or anything. It's the ones that think "1T WULD B3 S0 KEWL!1!1!" who seem to disregard other ideas in favour of their own that I pity. :shifty:

There's certainly potential in a Battlefront-esque Star Wars game set in the Mandalorian Wars, especially if, in spite of it contradicting canon, you could blast Malak's stupid bald head off before he gets a chance to open his big fat mouth and make you cringe like always. :shifty:

I mean I wasn't a fan of either Battlefront game but you could see how they could make a MW set one good, though.

Oh and Perth > Melbourne... :shifty:

haha, yeah I know what you mean, but yeah, I cannot really see KoTOR covering it at all, now that I think about it. And if it would be, then it would be an FPS of a sort.

Haha, yeah. small ass world eh :shifty:

ya i would love to c a game based on the mandalorion wars but we cant even get k3 so the chances of that isnt good!!

Ahhh, perhaps. But then again Lucasarts has a way of releasing games like ThrillVille, that noone wants, lol so we never know, they're a weird bunch.