KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

I can only hope for a new Battlefront installment. I miss wreaking havok with my Darktrooper. Too bad II nerfed him. No more scattergun. :o

Yeah that was gay, they gave him the pilot's lightning gun. At least that was better than BF 1's lightning gun. I did like how snipers got turrets on BF 2, that was nice.

Twitter | @Insevin

Well, they were half assed Battlefield clones to begin with. And like the games they copied badly Battlefronts were all about multiplayer

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

They are great. Except that Dagobah level. And Kashhyk.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Since we already are offtopic, I thought I could mention this as well :) :

I also want to give you faithful blog readers a little tidbit about our next show on April 11: It's all about STAR WARS! Last week I went up to LucasArts for an exclusive behind the scenes look at the new game THE FORCE UNLEASHED. We'll be blowing it out on GTTV with a ton of exclusive footage and some very special announcements. Spike is airing all six Star Wars movies in April and throughout the month I'll also be appearing between the movies on Spike to reveal more of THE FORCE UNLEASHED. You'll want to tune in on Sunday April 6 between the movies for a big Star Wars videogame announcement and some very exclusive footage.

http://geoffmk.gametrailers.com/gamepad/in...&id=272180#

Edited by Dark Wastl

Now that I think about it, that sentence could also mean that there will be an announcement about the Force Unleashed, though it would be rather weird to write the same information in two consecutive sentences, just in different words.

Yup, i think it's so too. But on the other hand, Force Unleashed has been on the Lucasarts main page for some time already... :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, just wanted to say that I have been reading a really good fanfic about KotOR III and thought that maybe some of you might like to read it. Its called Healing the Force, by AdylinJ. Just a side note: It does have some romance between Carth and the main female character ;) (which is a PLUS IMO).

Healing the Force

Edited by Brittany

Greetings!

Since I'm new to this forum and that this discussion seems to have been going on since ancient times, I doubt I have anything new to add to the discussion.

Nevertheless, I'm going to add my thoughts to the mix.

I just finished KOTOR 1 for the first time (I made the mistake of playing TSL before the original, but that's beside the point), and I'm at a loss to explain why KOTOR-III hasn't been announced or developed yet. This thing is so ridiculously anticipated that it seems a no-brainer.

But realistically I don't know what to think. From what I can piece together, the only really serious potential developers are Obsidian and Bioware. Since Bioware has straight out denied that they're working on anything KOTOR-related, the focus is now on Obsidian. I seem to recall some "3-projects-at-once"-thing a while back, and if that is/becomes a reality, then we might see something, sometime.

In any event, it is well past time KOTOR-III gets off the ground. If there is any serious plans for it, they will probably be announced at E3. I should know better than to get my hopes up for something like this, but it can't really be helped.

Well, that's my thoughts on the matter. Nothing new (something we should be used to at this point).

Greetings!

Since I'm new to this forum and that this discussion seems to have been going on since ancient times, I doubt I have anything new to add to the discussion.

I just finished KOTOR 1 for the first time (I made the mistake of playing TSL before the original, but that's beside the point), and I'm at a loss to explain why KOTOR-III hasn't been announced or developed yet. This thing is so ridiculously anticipated that it seems a no-brainer.

But realistically I don't know what to think. From what I can piece together, the only really serious potential developers are Obsidian and Bioware. Since Bioware has straight out denied that they're working on anything KOTOR-related, the focus is now on Obsidian. I seem to recall some "3-projects-at-once"-thing a while back, and if that is/becomes a reality, then we might see something, sometime.

In any event, it is well past time KOTOR-III gets off the ground. If there is any serious plans for it, they will probably be announced at E3. I should know better than to get my hopes up for something like this, but it can't really be helped.

Well, that's my thoughts on the matter. Nothing new (something we should be used to at this point).

The rumors I've heard suggest that the project mentioned here http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/ is being developed in Austin, TX and is a KOTOR MMORPG. Now, that doesn't mean that even if it's true that it's a sequel to K2 exactly, it could be an MMO set in any of the 4000 years of the "Old Republic" empire. However, I could see it very easily being set up as an MMO if you go with the following plot line:

"The exile has followed Revan to the unkown regions to fight the threat of the true Sith. She has left her new Jedi companions behind to recruit and train force sensitives throughout the galaxy. You have been recruited. You must finish your training and then follow Revan and the Exile to the unknown regions and join the campain to save the galaxy!"

Of course, I think that would be a giant cop out to actually telling the story that needs to be told, but I can see it happening.

I'm gonna go cry now...

:ermm:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Greetings!

The rumors I've heard suggest that the project mentioned here http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/ is being developed in Austin, TX and is a KOTOR MMORPG. Now, that doesn't mean that even if it's true that it's a sequel to K2 exactly, it could be an MMO set in any of the 4000 years of the "Old Republic" empire. However, I could see it very easily being set up as an MMO if you go with the following plot line:

"The exile has followed Revan to the unkown regions to fight the threat of the true Sith. She has left her new Jedi companions behind to recruit and train force sensitives throughout the galaxy. You have been recruited. You must finish your training and then follow Revan and the Exile to the unknown regions and join the campain to save the galaxy!"

Of course, I think that would be a giant cop out to actually telling the story that needs to be told, but I can see it happening.

I'm gonna go cry now...

ya lets hope no mmo!! :ermm:

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

Guest The Architect

I'm gonna go cry now...

You heard wrong. :ermm:

"Yes, we are working with BioWare. We've announced that we're working with the developer on a project, but it has nothing to do with Knights of the Old Republic."

That's good! Though it does make me very curious just what they are working on then and how those rumors got started...

And it also makes me sad that once again, no one is working on K3. *sigh* Well, at least we can be glad they're not messing it up!

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Guest The Architect

There's a good chance the MMORPG project will be a Star Wars game set between Episode III-IV, since it'd be fitting with the timing leading to the advertising and build up of the upcoming TV series set between Ep III & IV, although I'm not sure how that'd work out given the low number of Jedi and resistance to the Empire there would be at that time.

And yes, it sucks that 3 and a bit years post-K2's release we still haven't got a K3 yet, but given how TSL "concluded" and OE's currently busy work schedule with the games they're developing at the moment, I'm glad it isn't under development now because if it was, OE wouldn't be doing it, which would suck. I'm betting we'll hear something on K3 shortly post-release of Aliens and Alpha Protocol.

Soooo, we're going to be waiting for at least another year before we find anything out, I mean, damn, K3 is a sure seller, yet so many other games are being made, I dunno, perhaps I'm just impatient. The closest thing to news was reading an article somewhere, where the person said, "We haven't forgotten KoTOR, it will not be left behind" or something along those lines. Would it hurt her to say, "Yeah, we're planning it this year, next year, in two years whatever, why the hell can't they give some info on the matter, it's not againts the NDA to mention plans about it, wth? Anyone?