KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

next to zero

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's come time. I've been given the go to make an announcement. I have been hired to make KOTOR 3. I'll be making it with paper and stick figures. When you purchase the game, you will be given instructions on how to cut them out and a pair of dice. It featuress an innovative Create Your Own Abilitytm system. This system is inspired by the popular sport Calvinball.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's come time. I've been given the go to make an announcement. I have been hired to make KOTOR 3. I'll be making it with paper and stick figures. When you purchase the game, you will be given instructions on how to cut them out and a pair of dice. It featuress an innovative Create Your Own Abilitytm system. This system is inspired by the popular sport Calvinball.

Funny enough to avoid pruning, but let's get back on topic, eh? If no-one has anything much to say, let the thread lie dormant for a week or two. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Nothing earth shattering, but Drew Karpyshyn has updated his Star Wars blog like he had mentioned on his website a few days ago. Since he does comment on the most recent KOTOR rumours, I guess it kind of fits in here.

All in all, it's nothing new really, as he can't talk about anything we don't know already :(

Anyway, if someone wants to read it, here's the link:

http://blogs.starwars.com/DrewK/14

With all the hype this game is getting the designers are going to be hard pressed to make it good enough to satisy us.

Lets talk about plot ideas again. Each of us knows what kind of gameplay we want, but what should the game be about? What's the story that we'll have to follow? Who's the PC going to be? What planets are involved?

I think the player should end up on Mandalore at some point. It'd be like Dxun in K2, but with way more Mandies. And they really need to change the Basilisk

back to the way it looks in the comics, it was way cooler originally.

And they really need to change the BAnd they really need to change the Basilisk

back to the way it looks in the comics, it was way cooler originally.

For the love of God, no!

Basilisk.jpg

The setting of Star Wars is full of silly-looking machinery, but this one beats them all. The whole thing looks like it was designed by a five-years old: "Oooh, I want a walking battle droid with big claws! Then it would be cool to add some rocket launchers and a huuuuge minigun. And let's not forget about throwing in a couple of lasers! Man, I'm so creative.".

Edited by H
20795.jpg

Yeah, Darth Nuke was one epic fellow

And I agree with you, vanilla Basilisk War Droid is archetype of stupid design

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I luv'd Nuke, he always made such a great show about everything.

He fought for the little people. For epic lulz.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If there were to be KOTOR 3, which company do you think would develop it?

1) Obsidian

2) Bioware

3) Pandemic

4) Lucas Arts (an internal studio)

5) Another company (please specify)

Obsidian. They have better writers who can write an interesting story and develop the characters pretty good.

You know, that would be somewhat more convincing if you didn't happen to work for Obsidian ;)

Not that I'm objecting to Obsidian making K3.....I hope someone does and is given enough time to complete it this time around.

Moderators aren't working for Obsidian - only one who could be considered working for Obsidian is administrator, The Guildmaster

Anybody interested in some fishy information without proof look no further than here:

There was a big Star Wars convention this weekend in Germany. Among the guests was Steve Sansweet (for those who don't know him : http://www.starwars.com/bio/stevesansweet.html ). He was mostly talking about the Clone Wars series and some Star Wars encyclopedia which he is writing.

What he also mentioned, is that you can expect some sort of announcement for either KOTOR III or Battlefront III in the next six months.

Now, that sounds pretty weird. I can't tell you why it was worded that way. I guess it isn't really direct quote, more of a roundup of what he said, or he mentioned both games but didn't want to spell more than necessary, I don't know, I wasn't there to hear it :-

Maybe I can find someone who can confirm this. I wouldn't question that he really said something like that, but I have no idea what exactly he said.

Guest The Architect

Yeah, we'll get an announcement sometime in the next six months alright. It'll be "Eh we're gonna do Battlefront III hi-five! No KotOR III 4 you lol burn kthnxbye."

Yeah, we'll get an announcement sometime in the next six months alright. It'll be "Eh we're gonna do Battlefront III hi-five! No KotOR III 4 you lol burn kthnxbye."

Yes, sadly this was my initial reaction too. I believe Battlefront is one of those shooty-killy games so popular with the youngsters today. :sad:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I heard one of the Battlefront titles was the best-selling Star Wars game of all times. A poor Battlefield imitation managed to outsell KotORs and Jedi Knight series.

20795.jpg

I can only hope for a new Battlefront installment. I miss wreaking havok with my Darktrooper. Too bad II nerfed him. No more scattergun. :(

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."