KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

I hate that box it fills up all the time. Fine, I'll make some room by deleting some of TA's spam :)

Oh c'mon guys, it was just sarcasm and he totally brought it on himself :lol:

before you edited the post of yours there was 'Hunarian' instead of hungarian

Uhh, haven't seen typo before? Does hunarian mean something? :ermm:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Did already

Man aint' you thick, funcroc just posted the proof.

EA HAS NOT LEAKED ANYTHING. It was list of franchises that tranfer unde EA's domination (Mass Effect Franchise, Dragon Age franchise ((yes they call it franchise already)) and Kotor franchise). No secret Kotor projectz or anything.

LA and Bioware are working again on some game but that game is NOT kotor 3.

Btw, how come you suddenly start going on how Bio is like 100 % surely developing K3 right now but just moments ago you kept talking about "yer friends" at Obsidian in that other topic?

Interesting shift in other topic, suddenly you start to talk about how you're sure BIOWARE is working on Kotor game (which is bollocks btw). What about "yer friends"?

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Did already

EA HAS NOT LEAKED ANYTHING. It was list of franchises that tranfer unde EA's domination (Mass Effect Franchise, Dragon Age franchise ((yes they call it franchise already)) and Kotor franchise). No secret Kotor projectz or anything.

Btw, how come you suddenly start going on how Bio is like 100 % surely developing K3 right now but just moments ago you kept talking about "yer friends" at Obsidian in that other topic?

Interesting shift in other topic, suddenly you start to talk about how you're sure BIOWARE is working on Kotor game (which is bollocks btw). What about "yer friends"?

Speaking of Bollocks Xard, where do you get your "facts"? e.g How do you know they're not working on KOTOR III?

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

How about official statement by Bioware?

Posted by Chris Priestly (Bioware Community Coordinator) on 15th of february:

"I can say there is no KotOR3 from BioWare since there is no KotOR3 from BioWare. I can't comment on the MMO because there is going to be an MMO, I just can't talk about what it might or might not be."

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?t...um=22&sp=15

While not technically a press release, I suppose it is the closest thing you'll get to an official denial. No saying what the MMO might be though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

you want some explanation? fine, ask J. Sawyer if he is willing to tell something because i did promished him not to tell what we talked about then,

i mention him as the example because we are in the Obsidian forums

I promished people that i keep this and that secret, i posted those images because with those i didn't break any promishes nor did i step on anyones toes.

here is an older screenshot about the 'whom-when', but i won't tell anything

acqm1.png

also i decided not to post anything else of importance anymore around here because since i shared the info here i feel like in court, i expected some disbeliefs but i thought even the most pessimists would atleast like the actual pictures, as it seems i was wrong, bye

EDIT: the only thing architect found is the trace of me trying to get all the allowed data to combinate without letting out info i promished not to let out, and that i failed in that

EDIT2: do not think that Josh is my only source of info, but he is the easiest to prove in these forums, and the screenie was the easiest to show that i am in contact with him without giving out any real info (sorry Josh, they started to annoy me, had to prove atleast something)

If Mr. Sawyer did indeed tell you that Obsidian Entertainment is working on KOTOR 3, I would consider that credible. Were that the case, however, I think it is at the very least inappropriate to break his trust by posting that publicly. As much as I would love and I mean love to have confirmation that KOTOR 3 is in the works, placing his PMs into the public domain (well, ok, you did not do that, but you did hint at their content) is not fair to him. Still, I do hope you are correct that KOTOR 3 is in the works.

The major problem is, who would be making KOTOR 3 were it in the works? Bioware has explicitly stated that it is not making KOTOR 3. Obsidian Entertainment has not stated anything, but it is already working on the Aliens game, as well as on a secret project that is a new IP co-developed with Sega. It is also likely that OE is working on the second expansion pack to NWN 2. As a relatively new company, I doubt it can take on any more than that simultaneously.

Did already

while reading this i was wondering the same thing!! you have friends from obsidian that r telling u bioware is making k3?? i want to believe that k3 is being made but i cant believe that story!! :ermm:

Edited by dustin19

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

Thanks for some facts. People seem to be spitting out a lot of those without any clear leads as to where they got their facts.

At any rate, I'd rather have Obsidian make a KOTOR 3 than BioWare.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

[RANT]BIO is not making Kotor 3. They have denied it, they have said they want to work on their own IP's, and they already have loads of other projects.

Obsidian could be mkaing Kotor 3, because they haven't said what Project Georgia is, but we just don't know.

Until we get some sort of confirmation, a barely subtle press release that hints at Kotor 3 or a massive amount of rumors popping up everywhere, it's pretty much useless to predict Kotor 3. We can only hope.[/RANT]

In any case, I want Obsidian to make it. With more time, K2 would have been damn near perfect, so I can only hope Kotor 3's development would go smoother and more organised.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

BIO is not making Kotor 3. They have denied it, they have said they want to work on their own IP's, and they already have loads of other projects.

True. However, the problem with those observations is that Bioware IS working on a project with Lucasarts. Does anyone think that project is an original IP created by Bioware?

In any case, I want Obsidian to make it.

Agreed.

Hey guys relax a bit!

I have to say that i kind of believe him, If he would like just to start internet drama and rumor, he would create another account or something, he's on these forums almost from the beginning, so it would be quite stupid for him to lie. So there are two likely possibilities one that he just misinterpreted some information given to him by someone, or that there's in fact Kotor 3 in (pre?)production.

Anyway

Thanks for the concepts Jorian Drake. They look great even if they are coming from the canceled LA's kotor. :shifty:

Guest The Architect

At least Omelette's in there. :)

And that's all that counts. :unsure:

crowd2.jpg

And this picture is full of people that think you're a fudgepacker. :shifty:

Jorian, like majister said, you shouldnt post whatever or whatever not Mr J Sawyer sent you, i know its hard to resist but you should really keep private messages private.

The Architect and Accept, when i joined these forums, i wanted to talk about games, not be involved in a flame war, next time, try and keep snide comments to yourself. i mean debates and put downs (for those who need it) are acceptable, random fights and general ignorance isnt really a part of a good community site

i mean debates and put downs (for those who need it) are acceptable, random fights and general ignorance isnt really a part of a good community site

Proper typing on the other hand... :ermm:

You've obviously never been a forum member.

There's no flame war in sight, just pals having a go at each other, and your "involvement" is nonsensical, since there is none.

Anyway, right now the most probable KotOR 3 possibility is one done by Lucasarts studio in the near future. There's an obvious market for it and after the next lightsaber game(remember that LA often has only one SW game in their focus, to avoid cross-hype, not to mention it being cheaper), SW:Force Unleashed, K3 is a likely prospect, maybe they'll even get an outside studio to develop it. Perhaps Obsidian? They've shown interest in making the game and by 2010(which isn't unprobable target for pre-production) they might have a game development "slot" free(if the 3 games being developed simultaneously-shtick holds water). However, there's a likelihood that it's not an rpg. Imagine, if Force Unleashed ends up selling well, and it will, that LA will take a hint and at least some of the core features of the combat dynamics(or rather, the lack of them) will be shown to the door and replaced with features from the more "user-friendly" actiony combat.

Fret not, though, at least we'll get closure. And to be honest, FE looks like fun.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest The Architect

Yeah, like Mus? said, Accept and I are buddies. We just give each other **** 95% of the time because it's part of our love/hate relationship. It's fun, not only for me, but also for him, even though I'm always pwning him. ;)

And the emoticon above is a trademark part of it.

It's not the last he'll be seeing of it by a long shot. ;)

Anyway, I have to agree with Mus?

2010, possibly even late 2009 seems like the earliest and most ideal time to get K3 rolling, and while I want it to be an OE made CRPG, there's always a chance that won't happen, but given how much I'd love to see closure to TSL, among others here, I could tolerate taking K3 in any shape or form, save a gay ass MMORPG, and as long as canon on Revan/Exile stays the **** away from it.

With buddies he means bb's :shifty:

Anyway, right now the most probable KotOR 3 possibility is one done by Lucasarts studio in the near future. There's an obvious market for it and after the next lightsaber game(remember that LA often has only one SW game in their focus, to avoid cross-hype, not to mention it being cheaper), SW:Force Unleashed, K3 is a likely prospect, maybe they'll even get an outside studio to develop it. Perhaps Obsidian? They've shown interest in making the game and by 2010(which isn't unprobable target for pre-production) they might have a game development "slot" free(if the 3 games being developed simultaneously-shtick holds water). However, there's a likelihood that it's not an rpg. Imagine, if Force Unleashed ends up selling well, and it will, that LA will take a hint and at least some of the core features of the combat dynamics(or rather, the lack of them) will be shown to the door and replaced with features from the more "user-friendly" actiony combat.

I don't know whether a LucasArts internal studio is able to create a roleplaying game of sufficient quality...