KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

Thanks for claryfying JA I thought everyone here would know it.

Sorry! :shifty:

Ive read my 3rd game informer and at the site of a mention of KOTOR I nearly fell out of my chair. Of course I read it more and theres a 89% of a sequel, and thats good anough for me

I am not sure I follow. Is this some kind of relatively credible rumor about KOTOR 3? If so, tell us more! :shifty:

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't even stand the demo. Lightsaber combat in it was horrible.

that is one reason I will oppose "real time" combat in KOTOR every time.

don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind some minigames where you have a sniper's perspective, etc and are

effectively operating in real time.

I still have a copy of JA but I traded in my copy of Jedi Outcast -- really just too much of a grindfest toward the latter

part of the game. I really can't abide anything like that.

The point is, I can somewhat abide the lightsaber combat in the Obi-Wan game where you are using the right analogue stick to swing

the lightsaber (Xbox-only title).

That is not my preference but is the only "twitch" lightsaber type game I could abide.

I think they could keep the overall system in KOTOR but drop the wait time to 2 seconds and introduce more defensive-type

feats such as "parry dance", etc. Also, having the ability to focus (as in each level-up) on a certain lightsaber style would be sweet.

Jade Empire effectively did this with combat styles (including changing the active style in the middle of a bout).

I don't know about Jade empire (because i didn't play it)

But the system in Mass Effect worked really well for me.

Although this was with guns and i don't know how it would work with lightsabers.

What im saying is that i don't mind a real-time style as long as it works.

For now i'm just going to seen how force unleashed is going to work maybe a combined system would work very well?

If Sand can complete ME you should have no problem at all

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's also a good idea to learn to play a game. Sure, it's a different kind of challenge than turn-based or pause-based combat, but it also has it's own rewards. Believe me, I adore both extremes, indie 2d rpgs and new-fangled 3d real-time actioners like Mass Effect and Witchers. Then again, both also have a pause option. In fact, it's pretty hard to live without it after a while. In Mass Effect, the whole strategic command is based around the pause function, it's practically impossible to survive some fights if you don't take advantage of it. I just wish it was toggleable and not held-down.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Naack1! Tatth was my faethers SWORD I MURDER YOU"

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

its about time for part 25 don't you think

Hopefully we can reach page 20 before that :teehee:

In any case, would K3 be better off following the canon storyline, or better off trying to account for the 16 endings of K1+K2? In the event of the latter, you'd be stuck with an all-new cast of characters (with the possible exception of T3) and an all-new set of locations (with the possible exception of Korriban). Everyone else is either dead or left behind doing something unrelated to Revan and the Exile's immediate storylines, and all the other planets have been impacted by either Revan or the Exile a bit too significantly.

... unless the only controllable character is T3 and the game takes place entirely in the Unknown Regions/Sith Empire.

In the event of the former, you could do a few more things with a few more characters and locations, though.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

http://www.firingsquad.com/news/newsarticl...?searchid=19551

"Electronic Arts held their annual Analysts Day for financial advisors (you can check out the web based audio replays of the event and check out PDFs of the presentations at EA's investors web site) and during their presentation EA execs revealed in one chart on their main PDF file that their newly acquired developer BioWare will be making a new game in the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic franchise. This new game will apparently not be an MMO title but rather something similar to the first two games in the RPG series (the first developed by BioWare, the second by Obsidian Entertainment). BioWare will also work on future games in the Mass Effect series along with their own new Dragon Age game and their currently unknown MMO title."

Sry if its been posted before here but i aint gona read all these kotor 3 topics as its just too long to find something that may be mentioned.

If Sand can complete ME you should have no problem at all

AND

It's also a good idea to learn to play a game. Sure, it's a different kind of challenge than turn-based or pause-based combat, but it also has it's own rewards. Believe me, I adore both extremes, indie 2d rpgs and new-fangled 3d real-time actioners like Mass Effect and Witchers. Then again, both also have a pause option. In fact, it's pretty hard to live without it after a while. In Mass Effect, the whole strategic command is based around the pause function, it's practically impossible to survive some fights if you don't take advantage of it. I just wish it was toggleable and not held-down.

I have tried Jedi Knight II some years back. It was clearly a good game and I did enjoy it, but beyond a certain point, I simply could not proceed further and I tend to be determined in these things. The game simply required too quick reactions and too much coordination. I suspect it was getting close to the end of the game (somewhere on Yavin IV), but I don't know for sure, as I was unable to finish it.

That's why ppl hone their skills -and Yavin IV maps were challenging

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

All right I know this has probably all been said before, But I just found these forums and need to get this off my chest so here goes: What if the Yuuzhan Vong could at one time use the force. If so they could be the Original Sith Species. If you look at pictures of the old sith such as Naga Shadow you will notice that they look rather like the Yuuzhan Vong. Since it has already been established the the Yuuzhan Vong were in the galaxy at the time of KOTOR, is it possible that they are the "True Sith" Revan went to fight? And if so is it also possible that Revan striped them of the Force when he defeated them?

So just please post your opinions on how this sounds and if you think it is even possible.

Edited by Aizen

If you're asking, is it possibly what the author's intent was when the Yuuzhan Vong were introduced, the answer is no. The Star Wars universe isn't planned nearly that thoroughly ahead.

If you're asking, is it available for retcon,... sure, why not?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Veto.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Boycott.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here. advance planning is not what star wars is known for. when george lucas first started, he only intended 9 episodes of movies (the last 3, in the new jedi order era obviously havent come out yet, maybe not even in production) and now look at the galaxy....... star wars is generally as well planned out at this point as the d*** U.S. Constitution!

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

nevermind

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."