KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

Not that it helps.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The fact that there were 23 sanctioned previous threads on this topic, each apparently running for tens of pages really underscores just how popular the KOTOR franchise is and hopefully gives Lucas Arts and developers some indication of the interest in a continuation...

However, this is just one forum, and probably less than 450 people have contributed to those 23 threads....

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The fact that there were 23 sanctioned previous threads on this topic, each apparently running for tens of pages really underscores just how popular the KOTOR franchise is and hopefully gives Lucas Arts and developers some indication of the interest in a continuation...

However, this is just one forum, and probably less than 450 people have contributed to those 23 threads....

Yes, but as you pointed out this is just one forum mostly filled with hardcore gamers... few other games would arouse such interest.

Hey. Im new to the forums and would like to point out my huge devotion to the KOTOR franchise. I made it a point to beat the games as each gender, try to get each ending, even would go through the game a whole new time to try and cahngee a single cutscene. I loved KOTOR one with a passion. I loved KOTOR two alot also, though felt not quite as challenged or satisfied with the ending, (I kind of... Made up my own ending in my head.) KOTOR three? Gosh, I've been looking forward to this. If it was an MMO hour cruncher or a totlally open-ended sandbox that would beat the whole purpose of the game, feeling accomplishment as you interact with the enviroment becoming either a hero or villian to the whole world. That would also make the game more open-ended, which is a bad thing. KOTOR is a semi-linear game in that there are a few ends to achieve, but it is up to you to achieve that end. As either an MMO or a sandbox you wander around, not on the path or as the specific character, (the character you play as always has twists,) than the good storyline would be severly compromised. As far as adding a NEVER ending aspect to the game, well, no. There is an end, you feel accomplishment when you beat it. Go through the game again as dark this time. As far as a new combat system, please no! There isn't another game with a system quite like KOTOR. There are similarities and attempts at copying, but I don't think the mimics do it as well as KOTOR. There are fundamentals to the gametype of KOTOR and immerse you into that world. Just make a game with more side quests, more means to an end, and continue to evolve the world of KOTOR but keep the basic principles the same.

"Go through the game again as dark this time. As far as a new combat system, please no! There isn't another game with a system quite like KOTOR.There are similarities and attempts at copying, but I don't think the mimics do it as well as KOTOR."

Funnily enough, KOTOR's combat is just a dumbed down/stripped down/simplified version of BIO's Aurora combat system with a dash of BIO's IE combat system thrown in. The only thing that makes it different from those game are the pretty lightsabres.

I liked the KOTOR series for what it was; but it's combat was it's weakest point. Any improvement on that is a good thing.

P.S. Welcome to the boards.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I could see K3 with the Mass Effect group control system and combat control. I have to admit that the NWN-variant combat system right now is pretty lackluster and doesn't really deliver any of the hectic pace and kinetics of lightsaber combat. On the other hand, the blaster combat is pretty spot on: everyone stands still and no one hits anything.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just as long fighting looks like real lightsaber combat

Jedi Academy and other Jedi Knights are fun games, but their lightsaberfights are 12-year old hyperbunnies on acid whacking each other

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

So then what would be the ideal combat system then?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

SWG's (original) combat was fine for me. Though, I do have a personal disagreement with their melee-ranged balance.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A true RPG combat system IMHO is Oblivion style, but the 3/4 view, not the first person. Not sure if they could do it though, or WOULD.

While Oblivion's dumbed down system was better than Morrowind's one it's still utterly average and maybe even weak. I mean, geez.

If you want GOOD combat system try out Mount & Blade. It's so much ahead Oblivion's it ain't even funny. Same with Dark Messiah I've heard.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

A true RPG combat system IMHO is Oblivion style, but the 3/4 view, not the first person. Not sure if they could do it though, or WOULD.

While Oblivion's dumbed down system was better than Morrowind's one it's still utterly average and maybe even weak. I mean, geez.

If you want GOOD combat system try out Mount & Blade. It's so much ahead Oblivion's it ain't even funny. Same with Dark Messiah I've heard.

I stand corrected, I had utterly wiped the system for Mount & Blade from my mind. Haven't seen Dark Messiah. I am getting bored with the 3/4 combat view of the first two though.

What's a 3/4 view? :thumbsup:

3/4 view is what I refer to as the behind or back of the character and slightly raised or elevated. Diablo was called a 3/4 view and it just kind of stuck with me as a reference. Both KOTOR games are behind view rather than first person.

Okay, I get it. Sort of third-person over-the-shoulder kind of view. I don't really see where the '3/4' comes from, but nevermind. I agree - I hate first-person view, and almost never used it in Oblivion or Morrowind (so I tended not to use ranged weapons either).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What's a 3/4 view? :huh:

Third Person? :lol:

lol Third person is an objective view that is not first person, or in other words, not what the character would see. As in from behind, elevated and viewed from above, or any view that you can see what surrounds the main character.

Sorry to create so much confusion... :lol:

3/4 view is a mostly side, partial top view.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."