KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

obsidian should develop the game, kotor 2's story line was awesome and all it need was a better ending.

but i believe that bioware will develop it because of this http://www.lucasartsbioware.com/ if there going to make a game it will probably star wars based and if some other company has not already started to develop kotor 3 this will probably be kotor 3 im not sure but i hope so

Depends on what engine they use etc. If the game has secretly been in development since KOTOR 2 (doubtful) then they would have done the engine (if created a new one) and be into the game making. But yeah they would probably use a already created engine, or improve the previous engine to todays gaming standards.

There is no way they would even think about using the KOTOR-engine, it was old when KOTOR II came out, even though they already improved it, by now it's ancient.

If you want to have a game which is considered among the best of the year, which means more success and more money, you need graphics which can keep up with the rest of the games. In times of games like Mass Effect, a game with the same engine as KOTOR won't get you anywhere. It would be KOTOR II with a new story, something they could have done two years ago.

And the graphics were criticised all around. The game plus the add-on got great reviews despite the engine, not because of it.

You don't keep a weakness just because the other parts of the game saved the day the last time around.

Not to mention that I really doubt that anyone would consider Neverwinter Nights 2 plus add-on anywhere as successful as Mass Effect when it comes to sales and critical acclaim.

Apart from that, LucasArts is gunning for new inventions, see Force Unleashed and the new Indiana Jones game (DMM and euphoria). That kind of new stuff can't be used in combination with such an old engine.

And the graphics were criticised all around. The game plus the add-on got great reviews despite the engine, not because of it.

I did not realise that the graphics were maligned. Indeed, my computer at the time had huge problems running the game due to the fact that my notebook only had an integrated graphics card.

Apart from that, LucasArts is gunning for new inventions, see Force Unleashed and the new Indiana Jones game (DMM and euphoria). That kind of new stuff can't be used in combination with such an old engine.

That is true, but Force Unleashed promises to be more of an action-oriented game. I would expect KOTOR 3 to use a quasi-turn-based system like its predecessors.

Actually this brings up the question of what ruleset will most likely be used for KOTOR 3. I hope they stick with the semi-real-time semi-turn-based implementation of d20 Star Wars RPG rules that has been the hallmark of the previous installments in the series, but upgrading to the Star Wars: Saga Edition rules would be nice (but not necessary for me)!

Combat system should be changed

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If there were to be KOTOR 3, which company do you think would develop it?

1) Obsidian

2) Bioware

3) Pandemic

4) Lucas Arts (an internal studio)

5) Another company (please specify)

Obsidian. They have better writers who can write an interesting story and develop the characters pretty good.

First of all, I am a fantical Star Wars junkie, that being said I have enjoyed playing most but not yet all of NW nights. I may be biased but the KOTOR series is by far my favorite RPG games of all time. I have played every class, in both genders, in dark and light. I just don't get into DnD fantasy like I do Star Wars. I fear I'll go neurotic before KOTOR III is released as I have anxiously awaited its release for so long.

I think the story in the sequel was pretty darn close to as good as the first with the introduction of Kreia, the return of HK-47, and Canderous Ordo as the new Mandalore, T3-M4, and the Sith hologram of Bastila Shan. I feel Obsidian did a fantastic job of tweaking the engine and graphics. I liked T3 in both, but preffered HK most mostly because of his antics.

I think it was foolish for Bioware to dump the series but I may not be privy to certain factors that Bioware employees may know. I can tell you all that virtually everyone I know abhors and hates SW: Galaxies and so they have jumped aboard the KOTOR fan base with me.

A prequel of the Mandalorian Wars I believe would be a wonderous idea for KOTOR III as the details other than Revan and the Exile are sketchy at best from what Canderous stories tell. Or perhaps following or a returning Revan from the Unknown Regions. However, with the war and conflict of the first two, I think there should be less mass-scale battling, and more emphasis placed upon political intrigue, or the rebuilding of the Jedi Order or Sith Empire in a more enigmatic setting and story. But these are simply my thoughts and suggestions. I will follow this forum closely from now on and than you all for reading my posts.

MTFBWY

Dark Lord Revan

I think it was foolish for Bioware to dump the series but I may not be privy to certain factors that Bioware employees may know. I can tell you all that virtually everyone I know abhors and hates SW: Galaxies and so they have jumped aboard the KOTOR fan base with me.

Yes, I just hope they will not turn KOTOR 3 into an MMORPG too.

Yes, I just hope they will not turn KOTOR 3 into an MMORPG too.

I don't, it would ruin the series. Like others pointed out, what do you get when you go online on MMORPG's?

"look at ma kool wep dude!", "can u giv me sum stuff", "wtf u doin u f**kin noob!".

Most online communities suck nowa days with 12 year olds running about screaming words at others that they don't even aquire the meaning of. KOTOR should remain single player, i see what you mean and how you think it would be great but just think about the cost, community, and how would the story be? We still need to get Visas, the exile, Revan & Bastila back together, lol.

I can't imagine they would release an MMORPG and call it 'Kotor 3' - it would be a very strange marketing decision if they did. More likely, they'll release a MMORPG set in the Kotor universe/timeline, but keep Kotor 3 back for a later date.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yeah an MMORPG SET in that time would be awesome, the possibilities would be so good. Take elements of EVE (building your own ship etc.), going into battles with Sith and Republic, join the exchange. Run your own swoop gang etc.

But the bottom line still remains with me, no matter how good they make it, SW Galaxies was a let down and i have lost all faith in MMORPG's lately :(

IMO it`d make sence for K3 to preceede the kotor mmorpg (wich is really not excluded even if the bioware game turns out to be the mmorpg, those take time heh)... Atleast I`d go about revitilizing the frachise with a next gen ballbuster masseffect type game of the year and then capitalise on that by cranking out a mmorpg in close succesion if I were in charge... :(

We know that K3 will be an MMO made by EA, and George will be extensively involved with the project :p:aiee:

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.