KotoR 3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion, Part 24

Welcome to Kotor3: Ideas and Suggestions part 24. I can do no better than to quote Lucian's introduction to the thread's previous incarnation:

It's continuing mission is to have a place for the on-going discussions relating to K3. There is a lot of continued interest on this topic and keeping input centralised will have more impact and possible influence than multiple threads scattered throughout the forum. :bat:

While I know members who've been here a long time may find this discussion a somewhat elderly and done-to-death topic, please keep in mind that there are new members arriving all of the time, and to them, this might be a new and current topic of interest that they wish to discuss. Courtsey and hospitality to all members enhances the community and makes me smile - spam and trollish behaviour does not. So let's keep the posts on-topic, respectful and constructive in nature. If you don't wish to participate in K3 discussions, then DO NOT POST. :D

Have fun!

Here are the links to the past threads:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Actually, LA tried 4) for a while but team got laid off along many others when LA made some huge internal changes. Actually, I guesss it's for good riddance

My choice would be without doubt Obsidian, although Bioware does make quality games.

Obsidian at least has vision, something Bioware has lacked for long, long time. Same with ambition.

Also, OE has better writers

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If there were to be KOTOR 3, which company do you think would develop it?

1) Obsidian

2) Bioware

3) Pandemic

4) Lucas Arts (an internal studio)

5) Another company (please specify)

Obsidian. They have better writers who can write an interesting story and develop the characters pretty good.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I wouldn't be so sure that they really planned to develop it internally. Might have been just a small crew for some pre-development which was laid off.

Of course, that's realistic option too.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

It'll probably go to Electronic Arts.

They have the resources to pull it off. Talent can be debated though...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Good jokes!

To be honest, I only trust Bioware and Obsidian to develop good story-based CRPG games.

Even then I have to read the game reviews and be careful before buying when they produce a new franchise. I remember that when NWN 1 came out, I read the reviews and decided it was not a game for me. I did not buy it for several years, but than out of frustration at a real dry-spell in terms of new CRPGs, I decided to give it a try after all against my better judgment on account that it was made by Bioware and bought the Platinum Edition. Let's just say that I did not even finish the first campaign... and leave it at that. I did not make the same mistake with Jade Empire though, which seems like a style of game that I would not enjoy, despite being tempted to buy it on the basis of what company made it. Still, Bioware still continues to produce game I do enjoy, such as KOTOR, which was great - it's just that judiciousness is necessary even for purchases from Bioware.

CDProjekt.

lol witcher

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hmm, i haven't played KOTOR II yet (I know, im bad! :) ), i found KOTOR I story absolutely brilliant, the best one i have played probably, the romance was abit 'side quested' IMHO (Revan & Bastila). In KOTOR III (if it is released), i think we should really have 2 games in one, have both stories ending, KOTOR I & KOTOR II. Most of us want to know what happened to BAstila & Raven? I sure as hell do, i loved the couple.

I would personally like to see more of an open ended gameplay, with more choice (not that there isnt much choice already) but more freedom rather than following one path. Like in each world there could be multiple cities you can travel to etc.

P.S. Hello everyone @ Obsidian :)

Edited by XRichX

If there were to be KOTOR 3, which company do you think would develop it?

1) Obsidian

2) Bioware

3) Pandemic

4) Lucas Arts (an internal studio)

5) Another company (please specify)

-Obsidian :only if they have the amount of time they want and also possess the proper technology.

-Bioware: why not,can't go wrong there.

-Pandemic: no way,I hated their SW games (but loved Mercenaries).

-Lucasarts: they don't have the balls to do it,I think they've already tried,guess they miserably PHAILED!

-Another company: meh

Edited by yoomazir

Unoriginality, lack of merest vision, "Bioware dialogue" choices and stuff like that can't go wrong?

Unoriginality, lack of merest vision, "Bioware dialogue" choices and stuff like that can't go wrong?

True, but you must admit that KOTOR, they did do a good job. Obsidian should get it, they deserve a second chance and if they get told to rush again then they should stand they're ground.

I would go with Obisidian although bioware would be fine for me

But reallyjust give them time and they will make a game that is just one of the best ever

Kotor 2 was going to become better than 1 but like is said many times they had to rush it for LA

So LA just announce it and then realese it when IT'S DONE

a little prediction:

I spring 2008 FU is going to come out.

Lets say a month or two later they announce KOTOR 3 for christmas 2008

If this is right then we just have to wait another year so guys we're allreayde on 3/4 of the waiting times :o

But chances of this being right are just very little so no cheering yet :)

Heh, I am wondering whether they will make KOTOR 3 with the same engine. I can see it going both ways. If it unfortunately turns out to be a MMO, than it will have a new engine. It will also likely have a new engine if it is not yet in development or if development has started only recently. If it is a single-player RPG and has been in development for some time, than it seems likely to reuse the KOTOR engine. With each year that passes, though, it seems increasingly likely that the engine will be new.

It wouldn't be the same engine. KOTOR 3 would be made with the Xbox 360 in mind (just like the first two). An updated platform would need an updated engine.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yep, which can't be all bad :sorcerer: The story will be amazing as it will hopefully be an improvement of both KOTOR's, if they take all the feedback into consideration and tell LA to f*ck off when told to rush the job then the game should be fine if made by Obsidian.

Quick Off-Topic: I'm playing KOTOR II now (first time, on PC), i don't know what to think of it.