Bastila hotness rating

they're both annoying, self righteous, hypocrites

what redeeming features did they have?

i'm serious. why do you guys seem to love them so much?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Mission - 8

Not to rain on your parade, but Mission was only supposed to be fourteen or fifteen years old at the time, and while some might argue that aliens age differently than their human counterparts, I would think you should look into the matter...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Wasn't Bastilla's concept art actually based on Jennifer Hale's (voice actor) looks? She's decently attractive, so if the graphics were next gen then maybe her average hotness rating would improve.

The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism.-William Osler, 1902

Not to rain on your parade, but Mission was only supposed to be fourteen or fifteen years old at the time, and while some might argue that aliens age differently than their human counterparts, I would think you should look into the matter...

According to Wookiepedia, 14 and though actual age is irrelevant when it comes to rating "looks".

I fear your initial instinct, while based partly in stautes of our world also seems to follow under the very common misconception that; anyone who rates a "female video game character" must do so with implicit sexual intent, which is not far...but a ways from the truth.

Mission - 8

Bastilla - 7

:devil:

wookiedance.gif

Wasn't Bastilla's concept art actually based on Jennifer Hale's (voice actor) looks? She's decently attractive, so if the graphics were next gen then maybe her average hotness rating would improve.

Yes it was. Nice of the developers to do that. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

• 2 weeks later...
Bastila is clearly a 0 out of 10.

She completely contradicted everything she said about her ramblings against the dark side by turning to the dark side.

It was meant to show how even the most steadfast adherent to Jedi teachings was susceptible to the dark side if that adherence was blind faith. She was covering up her own curiosities by dealing in absolutes.

Also, she must've suffered from some serious amnesia herself since she overlooked the fact that it was Malak and the Sith that was trying to kill/capture her, not the Jedi and the Republic.

I don't know what you're referring to here.

She was full of it, arrogant, had no sense of humour and in my opinion, had an annoying voice. I'm just not a fan of upper class, stuck up, Pommy sounding voices.

The humor of Bastila was in her arrogance and lack of humor - the PC can get under her skin, which is quite amusing.

Guest The Architect
It was meant to show how even the most steadfast adherent to Jedi teachings was susceptible to the dark side if that adherence was blind faith. She was covering up her own curiosities by dealing in absolutes.

Could've fooled me. In her talks she really seemed to genuinely hate Malak, the Sith, and the destructive atrocities that the dark side causes, suggesting it wasn't just steadfast adherence to the Jedi teachings, blind faith to cover up her curiousities by dealing in absolutes, that was keeping her from the dark side.

The theme of betrayal. To me, it's downright retarded to turn your back on people who've been helping and supporting you, to side with people who've been trying to harm/capture you. If you were Bastila, would you side with the Sith in spite of all the **** they've done to you? It's a complete lack of willpower and absolute weakness. If you can't prevail over the allure of power with common sense, then you're weak and you suck. But it's Star Wars. It isn't supposed to make sense, right?

The humor of Bastila was in her arrogance and lack of humor - the PC can get under her skin, which is quite amusing.

So people with no sense of humour are funny but not in a good way then? That, I can agree with. But it still speaks negatively of Bastila, which was what I was trying to do since I dislike her as a character.

Bastila and Aribeth are two of my favourite bitches. :p

Bastila's hotness rated by me would be around eight, I think.

Her physical appearance is very nice and I like her looks but a lot of the appeal to this character also comes from her voice and personality in my opinion. I know she comes off as very bitchy (which has been mentioned a fair amount of times already) but there was just something about her whole attitude that I found cute - besides I wouldn't be reluctant to "deal" with her, to put her in line if she got too carried away. ;)

Appearance: 8

I find her fairly attractive as a game character, certainly doesn't look hideous!

Voice 10

I love the British accent.

Personality 7

Albeit slightly annoying, she isn't too bad and her little encounter with Mission shows she isn't as stuck-up and humourless as she likes to make you think. :lol:

That scene also genuinely made me laugh IRL, something that is rarely achieved by "game humour".

She opened up by trashing all over my (your) operation in the start of KOTOR by "taking command" but she wasn't so full of herself as to not being able to admit her mistake when Revan and Carth speaks up against her in the scene after the podrace - just another hint that she's not all bad.

So... that would be an average of 8 which was the rating I gave her in the opening of this post! :)

Also a sidenote and slightly off-topic (I apologize), I got thinking about other great female characters in games and the chick from Unreal 2 sprung to mind, she was fairly attractive and likeable as well - Quick google to help me remember her name: It was Aida!

The theme of betrayal. To me, it's downright retarded to turn your back on people who've been helping and supporting you, to side with people who've been trying to harm/capture you. If you were Bastila, would you side with the Sith in spite of all the **** they've done to you? It's a complete lack of willpower and absolute weakness. If you can't prevail over the allure of power with common sense, then you're weak and you suck. But it's Star Wars. It isn't supposed to make sense, right?

I agree that it does not make much sense, but it nevertheless happens in real life too. Have you heard of the Stockholm Syndrome? Basically, it was discovered that terrorist kidnap victims often identify themselves and start sympathizing with the terrorists. I don't see why similar psychological effects could not be at work in a Star Wars story such as KOTOR.

According to Wookiepedia, 14 and though actual age is irrelevant when it comes to rating "looks".

I fear your initial instinct, while based partly in stautes of our world also seems to follow under the very common misconception that; anyone who rates a "female video game character" must do so with implicit sexual intent, which is not far...but a ways from the truth.

Mission - 8

Bastilla - 7

:bat:

You are a freaking pervert, Darth Hades. P.S. Everyone: The correct spelling is Bastilla with 2 L's!!!

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

Srsly now.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You should stop using projection, that's all what he ment

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

This topic lasted about as long as I suspected it would.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester