Two strange crashes on Dxun

Hey guys. Yeah, um, having two problems here, haha. I should first start off by saying I should have joined this forum a long time ago, as I'm a really big fan of KotOR2 and I had it for XBOX for a couple of years now. I recently got the PC version, going through on the LS...

Anyway, I have two mods installed; the Holowan Plugin version 1.05 and the Ultimate Saber Mod, which I am told do not conflict with one another. And yes I installed the USM first, then the plugin -- which has worked fine up until now.

I glanced around the forums and I've noticed that often system specs help you guys in determining how to fix a bug? Well, I have sufficient memory and space for the game, only I have an ATI Radeon video card that is not exactly that new, so I dunno if that would have to do with it.

Okay, so as for the crashes. The first one, I got when you take your first trip to Onderon. After the

sith assassin's attack, and you fight them with all the mandalorians

, the load time after you see the shuttle land on Onderon is when it crashes.

BUT, I got past that one, somehow.

The real problem I have now is with Onderon redux, when you split up your party. The load time that loads the sith temple on Dxun crashes, and I cannot find a way past it.

So, has anyone encountered this, and would know a fix? Thanks in advance!

Edited by LBM170

Hate to double post, but I didn't see the edit button again. :/

Anyway, I found to be what looks like the error report that the game made, and stored in this notepad file called "AR_ERROR." This is all the report says:

"Names Differ: PMBMN pmbnm"

Does anyone have any idea what that means? o_O

• 3 months later...

Hey guys.I'm new around here and this may have already been talked about over and over again,and if it was, sorry for that..but I have a problem with kotor2.After I complete the Nar Shaddaa missions,all of them and get the exile back on the Ebon Hawk,when I get the message from the Jedi Master to meet him on Dxun the game crashes.I tried to go to Dxun straight away (from the T3 message),I tried to stay a litle more on the ship and talk with the crew..but it's the same thing.The loading screen appears it loads almost all the status bar..and then I either end up at the main menu or the game just stops and the screen freezes.

Anyone of you had this problem?pls I really want to finish the game it's really cool and I also played Kotor 1 and finished it.

Oh,and b.t.w I also have that AR_ERROR file, but I think that's something all the games have.. don't really know, and I have no patch installed cuz when I tried to install a patch I get an error saying 'old file not found....'.

Pls could u help me?

Edited by cozminuTzu

that'll be why the patch isn't working then

do you still have the old *.exe file? because you'll need to replace it before you can install the patch

and just note, that if you still want to use a crack after you've patched it you'd probably need to dload a new one

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

not too sure to be honest

i never actually patched it when i had it installed and never really came across any bugs

hopefully the patch might help with your problem though

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Yes I'm using the crack.

umm CRACK?

crack

n. Chemically purified, very potent cocaine in pellet form that is smoked through a glass pipe and is considered highly and rapidly addictive.

just so yah know swx

Try uninstalling and reinstalling - this time without the crack. If it still does not run, then we know there is another issue - if it does we know it was most likely the crack.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It won't work..I reinstalled the game, didn't copy the no cd crack and still won't work. Though I have to admit there is something I didn't saw 'till now.After the loadings screen disappears on my screen there isn't the same character that there was before I tried to load the game.Before that there was the one that Kreia fights when on mission on Peragus(sorry I didn't get the names too well), and after that there is the one with the white mask on his face. Any other ideas?:thumbsup::(:(:(:(:(

It won't work..I reinstalled the game, didn't copy the no cd crack and still won't work. Though I have to admit there is something I didn't saw 'till now.After the loadings screen disappears on my screen there isn't the same character that there was before I tried to load the game.Before that there was the one that Kreia fights when on mission on Peragus(sorry I didn't get the names too well), and after that there is the one with the white mask on his face. Any other ideas?:thumbsup::(:(:(:(:(

this certainly is puzzling would you please post your .ini file here