Congratulations to Monty Markland!

Starwars

Well, Rob McGinnis reports in his NWN2 Blog that Monty has been assimila..., sorry, hired at Obsidian. If you don't know about Monty, shame on you! He's the guy who started up the Planescape trilogy. Here's his message from Robs blog:

Obsidian Entertainment is awesome.

I started working here on Monday. The past five days have been the coolest experience I've ever had. For everyone out there thinking, "It must be rad to work in the game business." I can tell you that, yes indeed, it is rad.

"Who are you and why do we care?"

Well, I've been the public face of the Planescape Trilogy project for the past 15 months. I felt like it was important to let everybody know that my arrival at Obsidian doesn't threaten the completion of Purgatorio or the rest of the Trilogy at all. There are 23 incredibly talented ladies and gentleman currently working on Purgatorio, folks such as: Kevin Chow, Scott Douglas, Johnny Taylor, Courtney Keene, Ryan Placchetti, Daniel Haas, Andrej Bartulovic, Heather Kirk, Jason Ng, Michael Cipriano, Will Sprinkel, Bruce Hayles, Matthew Roeder, Sampo Narhi, Gabor Valasek, Robert Fletcher, Atte Laitenen, Marko Radojkovic, Ryan Farnsworth, Andres Cruz, Johnny Ree, and Kris Hammes. I also continue to work on the project in my own time.

If anything, I think my working at Obsidian will make the Trilogy and the community stronger.

Rogue Dao Studios has now proven itself to be a pipeline into paid game industry jobs. This will make recruiting new talent from outside the NWN2 community an easier task. More talent working on the Planescape Trilogy will mean a better gaming experience for everyone. New talent joining the NWN2 community will be a win for everybody involved.

I've been bullish about NWN2 since its release. I'm bullish about NWN2 now. I'm bullish on the Toolset. I'm bullish about Mysteries of Westgate. I think Mask of the Betrayer demonstrated the true potential of Neverwinter Nights 2 and I think even more exciting things will be revealed in the future.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Congrats to Monty, kick ass and chew bubblegum!

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hey thanks Star Wars :)

I personally appreciate the interest you've had in the Planescape Trilogy over the year. When Purgatorio is finally finished and people are playing it they will have you, and other interested community members like you, to thank for the completion of the trilogy. Your interest in the project is what helps keep the unpaid modders motivated to keep working.

Thanks for the awesome avatar Jorian!

He pours coffee.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Fantastic news, and we haven't even seen Purgatorio yet. :thumbsup:

I'm another of the silent fans waiting for its release - I have yet to be happy with any fanmade mod for the NWN series except a couple, but the trilogy has looked very solid so I'm anticipating.

Congrats!

The engine is clearly the best tool ever released for creating radically divergent CRPG mods -- It literally made Purgatorio possible :grin:

Without it, Purgatorio would just be a glimmer in my evil, twitching eye.

As for the fanboy accusation... guilty as charged!

I found a Planescape box set on a shelf near my office with Chris Avellone's name in it and a bunch of stuff underlined and notes in the margins and whatnot. I think its a copy from the Interplay days when Torment was being made. Surreal lol.

Thanks for the awesome avatar Jorian!

Congrats Monty. Have you worked for other gaming software companies?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Having about the same ability to understand technical issues as a concussed bee, can someone please explain: when do I get to play more content using NWN2?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Which leads to question, will you continue to work in Rogue Dao?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Yay! :D

Also, congratulations again :shifty:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)