Character love stories

uhh, what do you mean? You mean some cheesy Biowaresque "i luv u" romance or what? :thumbsup:

If yes, you don't find anything like Bastila "kiss" scene in K2.

Things are much more subtle

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Is there really a romance bit to it? As far as I'm aware, there's a bit where it could be building up to one, and then it just... fizzles out. And even then, you blink and you've missed it.

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

There are hints of attraction, and rivalries developing between companions as a result. There are no full romance paths in the Kotor1/Jade Empire/Baldur's Gate 2 tradition, no (to my personal disappointment, but then there you go, you can't have everything... :sad: )

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

• 2 months later...
Romances are one of the things that LA took out. in K2. Romances = :thumbsup: what LA did to the romances in K2 = :down:

It sucks

I think it was good, it was more realistic. You're a general with troubled past, you hide from people and from your past, and then what, you suddenly go about falling in love and kissing everybody? That's not serious...

Even Revan realized this and left Bastila behind :)

But somehing was missing, I agree. Perhaps they could introduce a member of family into the game to create some "love feeling", like a brother or a sister.

They did it in Doom3 movie. It'd be stupid if the protagonist was saving a hot chick, no romances were in game, so he was saving his sister. And nothing felt missing.

• 1 month later...

For my two cents, I kept waiting for some kind of romance to materialize too, and then was very disappointed when nothing happened. I always thought I felt this way cuz I'm a chick, so it's good to see other people were disapointed too. :grin: Nah, it's more cuz they do a good job of starting to build one :

For female PC:

~Atton asks Bao-Dur if he has a shot with you

~Atton tells Mical (Deciple) to piss off when he asks to join your party - then the two of them argue on the Ebon Hawk if your allignment with Mical is higher than your allignment with Atton

~Mira asks if you and Atton/Mical 'hooked up a power coupling'

ALso, more subtly

~Atton asks you to be careful before entering the Jek Jek Tar on Narr Sheda

~Mical has a nice little pep chat with you after the confrontation on Dantooine

Then I saw this:

http://tubertarian.com/kotor2missingcontent.php

and I felt better.

Edited by babydol

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

I missed the romance too. I like to have them in games. I'm equally interested in having a friendship between characters, as you could in NWN2. It just makes the game that much more real to me if my PC is supposed to have deep, emotional connections to the NPCs.

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

I'd like the "deep, emotional connections to the NPCs" to be complicated messes, just like in real life, rather than the old Bioware fantasy romance where you tease someone a bit, suddenly uncover their hidden and tragic past and then hit the sack.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest The Architect

It's not a necessity, but if they wanted to spice up the romancing aspect in the next KotOR RPG, then perhaps they could give the PC a few different approaches of attempting to romance with an NPC rather than just the basic ****.

You've got your audacious, slightly arrogant, teasing style.

You've got your funnily awkward intellect style.

You've got your would be romantic pick up line user.

I guess K1 did a decent job of that, but more emphasis was put on 1.

I don't know, crap like that.

But the twist could be that no matter what you do you'll fail just because it's something new, different and inverse to the typical fantasy route. And it will probably make the fanboys cry.

Yeah. It's not like any romance has worked out (at least for me, maybe I just suck :sad: ) like this:

Conv 1

- bla bla bla me me me bla im so special and pretty but deep down I have huge problems you don't know about yet and suffer from inferioty complex ^___^

- bla bla bla dear god bitch you are annoying

- how dare you call me annoying!? You stupid [insert typical Bioware wordings here]

- **** you bitch. GTFO

- *bitch starts hitting on me again like nothing had happened*

Conv 2

- ...so I've been watching you and your XP gaining process - oh sorry, your progress :)

- oh can't you just leave me alone damnit :ermm:

- men... *mumble mumble* Say, do you know anything about [multiheaded **** lawl] because [insert backstory bit here]

- [insert PC's "so funneh" teasing answer here]

- a kinrath PUP? How dare you garble garble garble

- u r so cute when you're angry :3

- oh you are so bad tehehehee. No matter what [whoops I slipped out mah feelings for you part here] aaahh I mean just [obvious covering attempt here]

CONV 3

- I LOVE YOU, LET'S MAKE LOVE BUT FIRST HEAR MY BACKSTORY WAH WAH WAH

- whoa whoa slow down babe what did I do?

- Whoops another Freudian slip tehehee. But you should do [insert love interest quest here for XP and loot]

- oh you are my hero [for doing the ****ty quest] kiss me I can't keep my hands off your junk ;)

---> *lustful offscreen sex and fapping fanboy hands hands*

( Estimated time: 5 minutes and 34 seconds from first convo to end of last )

------------------------------------------------------------

After ME it wasn't offscreen anymore, lawl

So far I haven't scored starting with "bla bla bla dear god bitch you are annoying". That's when I get hit :sad:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I've only played as a male character in KotOR 1 and that was just so I could do the dark side path, which I didn't want to do with a female character. :p I have no idea what the other romances are like but I wasn't too impressed with the Bastila romance. I really couldn't see what the appeal was either way. Bastila annoyed my female PC to no end so I thought maybe she'd be sweeter and cuddlier with the male PC but not so much.

For my part, though, I've truly enjoyed the BioWare female PC romances. I'd have to give them a slight edge over the Obsidian female PC romances, though I really enjoyed the Gann romance in NWN 2. I know a lot of guys complained about Carth in KotOR 1 but I found him enormously fun as a female character because I liked the semi-insulting style of flirting with him. Guess that shows you what kind of woman I am. :brows: At any rate, I like a little romance mixed into my game. It's not like I'm looking for a romance novel substitute in RPG form but--forgive me if I sound sexist here--I think relationships are important to women in general so if we have a romantic relationship and/or a friendship in a game it creates a more well-rounded experience for us.

Still, as I said, I could forgo the romance if there was a friendship. I liked how that was built into NWN 2. I liked that my PC had someone she could turn to if she needed tips on hairstyles, makeup... Yeah, right. No, the reason why I like the relationships is because it makes the PC's cause more personal. Sure, saving the galaxy or the world is certainly a noble goal but if my PC has relationships with her party members and is also working to save them, it makes the quest more personal.

Edited by SweetiePea

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

I'd like the "deep, emotional connections to the NPCs" to be complicated messes, just like in real life, rather than the old Bioware fantasy romance where you tease someone a bit, suddenly uncover their hidden and tragic past and then hit the sack.

thats good two but also two much kind of like k1

Yeah. It's not like any romance has worked out (at least for me, maybe I just suck :sad: ) like this:

Conv 1

- bla bla bla me me me bla im so special and pretty but deep down I have huge problems you don't know about yet and suffer from inferioty complex ^___^

- bla bla bla dear god bitch you are annoying

- how dare you call me annoying!? You stupid [insert typical Bioware wordings here]

- **** you bitch. GTFO

- *bitch starts hitting on me again like nothing had happened*

Conv 2

- ...so I've been watching you and your XP gaining process - oh sorry, your progress :*

- oh can't you just leave me alone damnit :(

- men... *mumble mumble* Say, do you know anything about [multiheaded **** lawl] because [insert backstory bit here]

- [insert PC's "so funneh" teasing answer here]

- a kinrath PUP? How dare you garble garble garble

- u r so cute when you're angry :3

- oh you are so bad tehehehee. No matter what [whoops I slipped out mah feelings for you part here] aaahh I mean just [obvious covering attempt here]

CONV 3

- I LOVE YOU, LET'S MAKE LOVE BUT FIRST HEAR MY BACKSTORY WAH WAH WAH

- whoa whoa slow down babe what did I do?

- Whoops another Freudian slip tehehee. But you should do [insert love interest quest here for XP and loot]

- oh you are my hero [for doing the ****ty quest] kiss me I can't keep my hands off your junk :*

---> *lustful offscreen sex and fapping fanboy hands hands*

( Estimated time: 5 minutes and 34 seconds from first convo to end of last )

------------------------------------------------------------

After ME it wasn't offscreen anymore, lawl

So far I haven't scored starting with "bla bla bla dear god bitch you are annoying". That's when I get hit :sad:

several words in there i didn't know we could use on these msgboards

...huh

Guest The Architect

He's saying there's several words he's seen in your post that he didn't know you could use on these message boards. Well, now you do. Any foul, vulgar language that gets replaced with **** you're not supposed to use, but you can still use them although you may get your post deleted or edited by the mods and possibly warned by the mods if you're continually caught doing it, but that's unlikely.

Edited by The Architect

Just like you can just ignore him.

That's what we do!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds