What is with the new forum lay out?

FoxURA

What is with the new forum lay out? It only has one or two posts showing and then a bunch of links to other postings instead of posts them selves. Is everyone having this problem or am I just the lucky one to have had my settings get randomly switched?

Oh and that last part was sarcasm by the way. I hate the new lay out and find it difficult to navigate properly.

Edited by FoxURA

The most annoying change they've made is removing our ability to edit our posts after a time period (seems like 10 mins or so). To me this is a frustrating removal of a basic forum right.

I thought it was 60 minutes. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

If enough people want it back, we'd certainly talk it over.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This is the only forum that I frequent that even has rules about how long you have to edit a post and there has never been a problem with people abusing the function either.

I've had a chat to the veterans, and they explained that we had a period where abuse of the editing function to conduct flame wars got so bad that on one occasion Obs considered shutting the whole forum down. So, I guess in answer to your question, we have it because our members are so delightfully special. :ermm:

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Thing is things are good now, but what's good one day might not necessarily be good the next, so it's better to be safe than sorry and keep the current time limit rule on editing posts I reckon. And yes, flame wars do occur here, but from what I've seen, the mods are quick to jump in and resolve things aka lockdown.

Edited by The Architect

Things have been quiter since we uploaded those hypnagogic pain switches.

-Elwood Blues

New layout?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

From memory that never happened on the BIS boards, nor did it happen when these boards were first created and I'm assuming it doesn't happen now - do we even have flame wars here? So is there any chance of repealing it now things are settled?

Oh, it happened. I was here and it was glorious.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Ah, sure. I meant it didn't happen in 04 when these boards were created. Quite frankly I'm amused it happened at all. It would either have to be a bunch of KoTOR nerds arguing over who was a better Jedi, or an insufficient moderator population - and even then, it's uncharacteristic of a board like this. Unless it was something akin to what used to happen in YoP or WWOT. Haha!

Edited by Krezack

From memory that never happened on the BIS boards, nor did it happen when these boards were first created and I'm assuming it doesn't happen now - do we even have flame wars here? So is there any chance of repealing it now things are settled?

Oh, it happened. I was here and it was glorious.

When they make the film of these boards Feng gets played by Nick Cage.

-Elwood Blues

Ah, sure. I meant it didn't happen in 04 when these boards were created. Quite frankly I'm amused it happened at all. It would either have to be a bunch of KoTOR nerds arguing over who was a better Jedi, or an insufficient moderator population - and even then, it's uncharacteristic of a board like this. Unless it was something akin to what used to happen in YoP or WWOT. Haha!

No, it happened when there weren't any new games or press releases, and the crewmates started getting leery-eyed and stir-crazy. It happens. And like Feng said, it was glorious. The edit function is a mere corollary of the great battle.