The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

Technically they are dead anyway .. the human race can't survice (properly) with less than 50.000 individuals.. assuming they have as bad genes as we do.

Brainfart there.. What I meant to say is - you are right Gorgon.

They will mate with Cylons and make a new breed, after discovering the true "Earth" from coordinates hidden in the song Hera gave to Starbuck.

The Final Five will jump the Galactica to the Cylon colony for a suicide mission after Boomer brings back Hera and the coordinates to the Cylon station.

#7 (Daniel) was Starbuck's father?

Maybe, I don't know.

I'm more concerned now about why I'm still going to pay for cable in a couple of days...

Technically they are dead anyway .. the human race can't survice (properly) with less than 50.000 individuals.. assuming they have as bad genes as we do.

Brainfart there.. What I meant to say is - you are right Gorgon.

Off topic and having nothing to do with a Sci-Fi show, the Toba catastrophe theory proposes that the low level of variation we see today in human DNA was due to the preceding event reducing the human population to 1000-10000 breeding pairs.

Off topic and having nothing to do with a Sci-Fi show, the Toba catastrophe theory proposes that the low level of variation we see today in human DNA was due to the preceding event reducing the human population to 1000-10000 breeding pairs.

On that note, I seem to remember that we all originate from approx. 9 females. Since there are only 9 variants of mitochondrial DNA?.. wow this is totally random isn't it? :thumbsup:

Looking very much forward to the next episode.

Fortune favors the bald.

On that note, I seem to remember that we all originate from approx. 9 females. Since there are only 9 variants of mitochondrial DNA?.. wow this is totally random isn't it? :thumbsup:

Looking very much forward to the next episode.

The next is the last.

:brows:

It still has a few quirks as a result of inbreeding.

Such as? And no not trying to be a smart arse, indeed asking.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

It still has a few quirks as a result of inbreeding.

Such as? And no not trying to be a smart arse, indeed asking.

Random google, Cheetah+genetics.

But changing human attitudes toward cheetahs is only part of the battle to save Earth's fastest land mammal. The big cat also has genetic problems

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Wow... fracking wow... I got at least one guess right at least! haha

The battle scene was great. And they addressed the visions cap 6 and baltar saw, that was interesting. Indeed the whole starbuck thing freaked me out. Indeed she was a ghost simply there to help them to get to earth. Well handled. I thought lee and SB would end up together actually. Fitting baltar and 6 end up right where they started 5 yrs ago. I was so happy tori got what was coming to her, finally!

Only loose end they didnt address was what happened to all the civil war cylons they attacked. Sure the base got pummeled but it didnt seem to be destroyed and other cavils and such have to still be alive.

All in all GREAT ending! I am very sad.. and drunk.. now.. o:)

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I knew it. They didn't come to our present day Earth but in the past. I was off by several thousands of years since I thought they would have founded Greek civilization. Pretty good ending.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I saw this coming several seasons back.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I thought this was a bit disappointing after the last few episodes. Pandering to generic magical mysticism instead of carrying on with the racial and religious comment on what it means to be human. They were more interested in cleanly and smugly concluding all the plotlines than in carrying the show's themes to a proper conclusion.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

One big Deus Ex Machina that the entire fleet would agree to throw away technology and go native just like that. Didn't sit right with me at all.

:unsure: You are one unhappy dude Gorgon! I can't remeber the last positive thing you posted about this show. I can't imagine there would have been any conclusion you would have been happy with.

That said I do think it was an odd choice. However, as someone who has made a career out of engineering and optimizing technology I must admit the concept of leaving it all behind does appeal to me on several levels.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

You've got to admit, the end sequences with the flashes of modern robots was just a perfect wrap up.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was worried for a while there that they'd introduce the beings of light from the old series and explain exactly what the head people are, so I was glad when they left a little mystery. Pandering would be to offer an answer to every question ever asked.

What it means to be human? In the end they were all human.

You've got to admit, the end sequences with the flashes of modern robots was just a perfect wrap up.

Yep.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Well I wouldn't have wasted time critiquing if I didn't think there was a lot of potential there, only some of which was realised.

Forgive me, and what tv show have you written and produced? Please tell us how you know better the RDM?

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Indeed and how the 'angels' took a swipe at modern, orginized religions. Loved the final scene.

I don't get why adama wanted to live in exile however. The chief made more sense.

As for SB there really was no other way to handle that. They needed to explain some way her coming back from the dead.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Well I wouldn't have wasted time critiquing if I didn't think there was a lot of potential there, only some of which was realised.

Forgive me, and what tv show have you written and produced? Please tell us how you know better the RDM?

I was not aware I needed special dispensation to have an opinion about RDM's, praise be his initials, show.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The end is near. I moved a handful of posts to a new thread.

Can be found here

:-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein