The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

If Boomer could find the fleet without a problem that must mean Cabal knew where it was all along. So, why didn't he do something sooner.

Also, the spatial distortion caused by the jump... One wonders why they haven't been using that as a weapon if it can blow huge holes in the sides of ships.

You cant go applying logic to a show whose writers make it up as they go along. Those are minor inconsistencies if you compare it to things like Cavil making a fuss about lost resurrection technology while Ellen Tigh could donwload and resurrect aboard his basestar without a hitch. Or how the cylons could function if their 'brains' - the hybrids and skinjobs, werent inventedd until decades after the first cylon war.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

If Boomer could find the fleet without a problem that must mean Cabal knew where it was all along. So, why didn't he do something sooner.

Also, the spatial distortion caused by the jump... One wonders why they haven't been using that as a weapon if it can blow huge holes in the sides of ships.

I don't think it is very practical as an attack. At least some of the Cylon raiders had nuclear warheads equipped. Galactica's point defense guns wouldn't let anyone close enough to jump and cause damage and if they were close enough, a nuke would do more damage that a jump. They just didn't want to shoot at Boomer because she had Hera with her.

You cant go applying logic to a show whose writers make it up as they go along. Those are minor inconsistencies if you compare it to things like Cavil making a fuss about lost resurrection technology while Ellen Tigh could donwload and resurrect aboard his basestar without a hitch. Or how the cylons could function if their 'brains' - the hybrids and skinjobs, werent inventedd until decades after the first cylon war.

As I understood it, Ellen downloaded before the Resurrection Hub blew up. The Ellen episode started out pretty early and jumped in time parallel to Galactica doing stuff ie. Eye of Jupiter supernove, destruction of the Resurrection Hub etc.

As I understood it, Ellen downloaded before the Resurrection Hub blew up. The Ellen episode started out pretty early and jumped in time parallel to Galactica doing stuff ie. Eye of Jupiter supernove, destruction of the Resurrection Hub etc.

This is correct, Cavil tells Ellen about the attack on the Resurrection Hub during one of the flashbacks.

I disagree.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

What happened for 45 minutes that couldn't have been summed up in 5-10 minutes? Basically,

Sam gets plugged in, Sam gets turned off. Starbuck gives her dogtags from Earth to Baltar. There's a funeral which I felt was a waste of time and space. We see Boomer for about 5 seconds giving Hera to Cavill. Adama decides to abandon Galactica

. I know there was some other things, but I felt it just dragged on and nothing really important happened.

What happened for 45 minutes that couldn't have been summed up in 5-10 minutes? Basically,

Sam gets plugged in, Sam gets turned off. Starbuck gives her dogtags from Earth to Baltar. There's a funeral which I felt was a waste of time and space. We see Boomer for about 5 seconds giving Hera to Cavill. Adama decides to abandon Galactica

. I know there was some other things, but I felt it just dragged on and nothing really important happened.

All that plus "other things" seems like a good deal to me.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Yeah, its really was a filler episode. It feels like they're just saving themselves for the finale.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Little fact for this theory just tossing this out there how it ends in the last 2 eps IMO...

sam plugs into galactica and via the cylon goo is able to repair her for a final showdown with cavil who now wants to wipe the fleet out now that he has the girl

adama is found out to be dying

boomer has second thoughts, kidnaps hera and bring her back to the fleet

cavil decides to go nuclear and kill off the fleet even tho hera will prob die

big final battle, not sure how but something happens to starbuck and it almost costs the colonials the fight, some main secondary chars die in part due to SB

The music notes turn out to be a code for directions to a earth like planet

adama dies due to his health issues and outlived by rosalin, typical moore irony. Apollo becomes the new leader.

The pithia scrolls in effect all come true.. battle with cylons, dying leader saves them, did lead them to earth, scrolls never said that was the final destination however.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

The pithia scrolls in effect all come true.. battle with cylons, dying leader saves them, did lead them to earth, scrolls never said that was the final destination however.

I was entertaining a theory that the dying leader turned out to be the Galactica itself. As for Starbuck, don't expect much. Katee Sackoff was not happy with the way her story arc was left hanging. Looks like there may be some loose ends after all is done, but that may be by design to leave creative room if they ever pick the title back up.

Personally I hope they do not. I think for the most part this series has been very well done and further production can only detract from it. I know there have been some rumblings of unhappieness with the show on this thread but I believe that most of you agree that this was a quality show. Not too many come along you can say that about. For my money this was the best Sci Fi on TV since DS9 wrapped up.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was entertaining a theory that the dying leader turned out to be the Galactica itself. As for Starbuck, don't expect much. Katee Sackoff was not happy with the way her story arc was left hanging. Looks like there may be some loose ends after all is done, but that may be by design to leave creative room if they ever pick the title back up.

Personally I hope they do not. I think for the most part this series has been very well done and further production can only detract from it. I know there have been some rumblings of unhappieness with the show on this thread but I believe that most of you agree that this was a quality show. Not too many come along you can say that about. For my money this was the best Sci Fi on TV since DS9 wrapped up.

I have to agree, it had it's bad moments (most of season 3 for me), but overall I think it's one of the better Sci-Fi shows I've seen. About the loose ends - I heard that they might make a film, to finish it off.

Looking very much forward to the climactic finale!

Fortune favors the bald.

Well it's obvious at this point that Gallactica is going on a suicide mission, ramming the station or something, and Adama goes down with his ship, how could he not.

According to Olmos, his character makes it to the end...if we are to believe such things.

What I dont get is why Hera is so important that you need to risk so many lives saving her? Surely the writers could have come up with a much better motivation for the final battle? Didnt Adama say just recently that he was sick of all the prophecies and bull****, so why risk everything for some kid that people have been hallucinating about?

What I dont get is why Hera is so important that you need to risk so many lives saving her? Surely the writers could have come up with a much better motivation for the final battle? Didnt Adama say just recently that he was sick of all the prophecies and bull****, so why risk everything for some kid that people have been hallucinating about?

He's taking a leap of faith based on Kara's assumptions, she did help them get to Earth and I think he trusts her wierd feelings. Like any parent would I guess.

And the crew trusts Adama, so there we are..

Fortune favors the bald.

Because Hera is one of the many plot hooks left dangling with 2 episodes to go, the writers needed to tie things together, no matter how poorly they fit.

Adama's agenda has always been the survival of the fleet, and here he goes sending half of his pilots on a suicide mission to rescue one girl, who for all he knows Cabal has already gotten what he wanted from. No, it most definitely does not make sense.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Technically they are dead anyway .. the human race can't survice (properly) with less than 50.000 individuals.. assuming they have as bad genes as we do.

Brainfart there.. What I meant to say is - you are right Gorgon.

Fortune favors the bald.