The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

A two part story over two episodes doesn't count as one episode.

6 episodes doesn't seem like enough, but then I have no idea how it's all going to end, and how much they're going to pack into the final episodes.

^ No, there's still only 6 left, the last one is just longer. It's not like an episode is defined as 45 minutes. :)

Edited by Hell Kitty

And theres the "The Plan" tv-movie that will be aired after the final episode aswell.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

And theres the "The Plan" tv-movie that will be aired after the final episode aswell.

Word has it that they plan to release the Caprica Pilot first on DVD, with BSG: The Plan to be released some six to nine monthes later...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

am I the only one who thinks Caprica looks totally uninteresting?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I hate prequels, but it might not suck completely. I think it will be a monumental econimic disaster, though. You take the space out of BSG and you lose 95% of the appeal.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You take the space out of BSG and you lose 95% of the appeal.

So say we all.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

You take the space out of BSG and you lose 95% of the appeal.

So say we all.

Haha, nice :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Actually, I feel that BSG improved over the seasons, and that improvement has been directly related to a decrease in the importance of space towards the happenings on the fleet. The appeal of BSG is that, while it is set in space, it isn't really about the space faring and fighting.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Actually, I feel that BSG improved over the seasons, and that improvement has been directly related to a decrease in the importance of space towards the happenings on the fleet. The appeal of BSG is that, while it is set in space, it isn't really about the space faring and fighting.

While I can't say the same about the quality (I feel it's been pretty steady throughout), I agree that space is better served as an excellent backdrop to put emphasis on the fact that they (the fleet) are truly alone in the vast emptiness of space.

Not to say that I'm not a fan of the space battles :D But it's good that that isn't the sole focus, otherwise it would lose it's appeal.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Interestingly, when it diverted from space battles is when it got its time slot moved and rumors started floating around about the series being cancelled early. The character driven soap opera junk nearly killed the series. They feel like filler. Which, considering most of season 2.5 and 3 were that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Lots of info dropped in this episode :aiee:

I'll have to give it another view.

Lots of info dropped in this episode ;)

Yeah, it really surprised me. I guess it's good they dealt with the mysterious origins of the fantastic five so we can move on to other things.

So is Kara a "corrupted" version of Daniel? Was Daniel perhaps her father?

Lots of info dropped in this episode :blink:

Yeah, it really surprised me. I guess it's good they dealt with the mysterious origins of the fantastic five so we can move on to other things.

So is Kara a "corrupted" version of Daniel? Was Daniel perhaps her father?

That seems to be the speculation

When she and Helo were back on Caprica, and the piano was playing on the radio, she said it was her father. Then there is the painting/drawings of the starburst or whatever. Could be her or her father

It would also explain Kara's ugly mannishness. :blink:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It would also explain Kara's ugly mannishness. :blink:

Rofl yeah the entire time I was like starbuck had a sex change?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

So the galactica is in rough shape it seems, I was wondering when they were going to get to the aspect of her being in continual combat for 4 years and the toll it would take on the ship without a refit or/and repair of a space dock facility. I felt they were starting to foreshadow this several eps ago as if you look at the external view of the ship say near the start of the season she was a bit battle scared but not to bad. Now however, the last 4-5 eps the external view of her is seen as almost a blackened, badly scared exterior. I figured when I noticed the striking difference they were heading to that direction.

With that said it took boomer all this time to finally come around back to the colonial side (apparently)? I never bought her drinking into the cylon kool-aid. Never seems in character for her.

Also I have lost track, hoping someone could fill me in, where/what happened to the 6 that baltar first had the relationship with. Is she still around? Last I recall seeing her is in the ep where she rezzes after she died in the blast protecting baltar and took her human name and shook up the cylon way of thinking with the other models. Was that the 6 baltar was in bed with during the coup?

And now it seems clear adama is the 'dying leader' the scrolls talked about not laura. Very interesting to say the least but they still seem without a clue where they are going with earth fragged. Not sure where adama is supposed to lead them as he does not even seem to know. Plus with tyrol saying the ship shouldn't jump until the repairs are done that certainly limits its ability to go places.

On a final note, while I buy the deck chief job as also in charge of damage control as well I find it hard to swallow its his job to repair the ship on this level as they showed this past ep. Wouldn't that go to the chief engineer? I mean this isn't battle damage (exactly) this seems to me to fall under something the chief engineer would be involved with. Wouldn't the engineer have far better structural knowledge of the ship then the damage control crew/NCO?

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

The 6 that was involved with Baltar is the same 6 that is pregnant with Tigh's child. What I want to know is what happened to Baltar's "Mind 6." She hasn't been in the entire 4th season I believe, right? She just kind of disappeared.