The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

Ive yet to see last nights episode, but is there anyone in the world who DOESNT think Starbuck is annyoing as hell? When she isnt whining and drinking, she goes around being a complete ****. I really hope she dies this episode.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The show has become so emo.

I can recall during the middle of the series where everyone is patting one another on the back after the teamwork it took to make that stealth viper. Now we have mutineers and fellow friends and crew mates turning on one another. How far we have fallen. If that is humanity, they deserve to be wiped out by the Cylons.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Both humans and cylons are starting to act erratic and dangerous. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's gonna end with everyone killing each other.. Either that or the writers will pull some "Lost" deux ex machina event and everyone lives happily ever after.

Fortune favors the bald.

Im hoping for a much more rational explanation than that. In fact, I would be quite disapointed if it turned out any of the deities mentioned in BSG turned out to be the least bit real. No, Starbuck must be a secret cylon of some kind. The first iteration died when she crashed her viper on earth, then the second one came back in a reconstructed viper as part of some scheme we havent seen the end of.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Something that bothered me in the scene where Starbuck saved Lee, why did no one pull a gun on her? She shot that one guy, and then everyone just stands around like idiots while she shoots the next. Surely someone could have gotten the drop on her. Also didn't care for Adama shooting from the hip through the narrow gap.

Edited by Hell Kitty

I think alot of people this latest episode were way too keen on killing fellow humans that are vital in the fight against the cylons. Marines and Viper pilots dont exactly grow on trees, do they? And of all the mutinty attempts thus far, I think this one is the most legitimate. Letting sixes and leobens fiddle with your hyperdrive is not a sensible decision no matter how friendly they might act. If Saul Tigh hadnt been a cylon himself he would never have let Adama do that

And the moral of this week's ep is...

Drum Rolls....

Gaeta, never piss off a redheaded lady...

Hmmmmm.....

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

See, this is an example of a GOOD BSG episode.

It's like it goes in cycles. The **** makes the good look amazing.

So what did Tyrol see at the end? Was it a flaw in the ship's structural integrity? A Cylon hallucination that means something to him? What?

The marine guy who changed his mind might have persuaded them to do the same.

And am I the only one who think that they were too hard against Gaeta? Zarek had the whole goverment murdered so he got what was comming, but Gaeta only did what he believed was right. If he got executed, then they should have executed most of the marines and anyone who helped plan the mutiny.

edit: I just saw the trailer for next weeks episode, apparently the final 5 cylons can download and respawn just like the 7! :*

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

I think they cut a whole lot out, the scene where they convince the firing squad to stand down was rather pivotal, you can't just leap over it and not lose some credibility in the coherence of the plot. Also remember Adama saying 'I thought you were dead' to Tigh, and he said 'for a while I was'. So Saul probably was killed and downloaded, but they cut that as well.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I think they cut a whole lot out, the scene where they convince the firing squad to stand down was rather pivotal, you can't just leap over it and not lose some credibility in the coherence of the plot. Also remember Adama saying 'I thought you were dead' to Tigh, and he said 'for a while I was'. So Saul probably was killed and downloaded, but they cut that as well.

I think he was referring to his rather imminent death. I don't think he down(up?)loaded to a new body because the cylons don't really have any spare 5s lying around as far as I can tell.

Fortune favors the bald.

I dont think they cut anything as the writers are well aware that they only have 50min per episode, but they obviously had to take shortcuts to squeeze everything into just two episodes.

Gaeta made his choice, and he knew the consequences of his actions. I guess at the end he at least felt some relief from his chronic leg pain. Good ending to a decent mini story arc. Now we can get down to the nitty gritty!

And yes, Starbuck has been totally gangsta these past couple of episodes.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I also think Adama was way to hard on him. I would have been "Dude, this is frakked up, dont do this sh*t." but Adama was all like "Get your stinking hands off me you damn dirty traitor!!!!" like if he had sold them all to the cylons for a bag of crisps.

Yeah I'm a little puzzled by the turn of events thus far. I mean I can understand the need to kill gaeta off but this whole cylon thing has me really confuzzled. I mean at first I was like "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh f u cylons." and various other hating of the cylons but seriously after all thats been said and done like for seriously? How can there still be such widespread h8in going on. I mean it'd be like the black movement right and like its hard to tell the difference between one brother and another and like serious stuff is going down and theres ak's and people getting beaten to death and then like martin luther king blows one of his own peoples heads off to save you, multiple times and you still don't trust him. Like seriously? Martin luther king going to double cross you in some kind of ridiculously dumb masterplan instead of just nuking everyone to hell and ending it within like 2 seconds. Yeah ok.

And yes I just said mlk was a f'n cylon. What are you going to do about it?

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Yeah I'm a little puzzled by the turn of events thus far. I mean I can understand the need to kill gaeta off but this whole cylon thing has me really confuzzled. I mean at first I was like "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh f u cylons." and various other hating of the cylons but seriously after all thats been said and done like for seriously? How can there still be such widespread h8in going on. I mean it'd be like the black movement right and like its hard to tell the difference between one brother and another and like serious stuff is going down and theres ak's and people getting beaten to death and then like martin luther king blows one of his own peoples heads off to save you, multiple times and you still don't trust him. Like seriously? Martin luther king going to double cross you in some kind of ridiculously dumb masterplan instead of just nuking everyone to hell and ending it within like 2 seconds. Yeah ok.

And yes I just said mlk was a f'n cylon. What are you going to do about it?

like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

They better get the story straight quickly - because they only have 7 episodes left.

Make that six episodes and I'd like to see how they're going to wrap up the story line and all the loose ends. I can't see it happening. They'll probably do a Stargate and do a movie after the Season ends.

Are you sure it's 6? The last episode is two in one. Are you counting that?