The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

Weird episode.

I can see where the fleet would have serious morale problems.

Now the question :

If the Thirteenth Tribe that settled Earth ( Assuming that they've really found Earth ),

who or what nuked Earth to extinction?

Stay Tuned...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"Watch that howling1. His sig used to eat cities." - Synaesthesia

"Beat me with a wet noodle huh? " - Feargus Urquhart

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

"The line between comedy and tragedy is pretty thin in these parts." - Overseer

" Grrr... ...Argh." - Darque

Somehow I don't think either would make especially good presidents. Anyway when are the last bunch coming

February 2009.

-_-

So that's it, then? It's confirmed for that time? :p

What about the Caprica tv movie? I'm so out of the (non existent?) loop right now...

FWIW, last word has it that Caprica will be a series set to air either this fall or early next year...

"For The Love Of Carnage And Discord, I Bring Annihilation And Cheap Beer!" - Mad Dwarf

"the term "Board Troll" ain't a thing ta be proud o', lads" - Sargallath Abraxium

SPOILS, obviously.

One theory I've seen floating about is that everyone is a Cylon. Humans build cylons, cylons rebel, cylons wipe out humans, cylons eventually forget what they are and consider themselves human, humans build cylons, rinse and repeat. One explanation for the whole "this has all happened before" deal.

Perhaps both cylons and humans will get to earth and find a people that know full well what they are, everyone realise they are the same, and they all live happily ever after.

I guess the human cylons on Earth hadn't yet reached the point where they forgot their origins. If Ellen is one of The Five, then what is Starbuck? And why was Callum Keith Rennie seemingly so afraid of her. Anders mentioned "2000 years ago", how long ago was it that the tribes left Kobol? My theory is that the machine cylons that wiped out the human cylons on earth eventually advanced to human form themselves and settled on Kobol.

I thought it was nice to see Dee and Lee back together, and it was a shock to see what she did. I could understand it though. When the future of humanity and individuals is looking so grim, she decided to go out on a high note.

it was a shock to see what she did. I

I predicted the finding Starbucks crashed Viper and I was feeling pretty clever until the scene with Dee came up. That was a huge shock, did not see that coming.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

SPOILS, obviously.

One theory I've seen floating about is that everyone is a Cylon. Humans build cylons, cylons rebel, cylons wipe out humans, cylons eventually forget what they are and consider themselves human, humans build cylons, rinse and repeat. One explanation for the whole "this has all happened before" deal.

Perhaps both cylons and humans will get to earth and find a people that know full well what they are, everyone realise they are the same, and they all live happily ever after.

I guess the human cylons on Earth hadn't yet reached the point where they forgot their origins. If Ellen is one of The Five, then what is Starbuck? And why was Callum Keith Rennie seemingly so afraid of her. Anders mentioned "2000 years ago", how long ago was it that the tribes left Kobol? My theory is that the machine cylons that wiped out the human cylons on earth eventually advanced to human form themselves and settled on Kobol.

I thought it was nice to see Dee and Lee back together, and it was a shock to see what she did. I could understand it though. When the future of humanity and individuals is looking so grim, she decided to go out on a high note.

So much for spoiler tags...

I trust Tigh's flashback more than what Starbuck seems to be.

She could've went through a time distortion, she could be a clone or she could be something else.

In Tigh's Flashback, Ellen tells him "we will be reborn". Which tells me she is more ancient then the final 4. Perhaps a first downloaded.

When we take into consideration "everything has happen before, everything will happen again", perhaps Starbuck is what Ellen is in the storyline that is happening again.

Also worth noting methinks is that RAZOR introduced a third faction...

Great episode. 10/10

They're jacks, toys that children play. They may have reminded her as a child or she may have thought of all of the kids that died in the nuclear war on Earth and the extermination brought on by the Cylons in her present time. Now that all hope has been lost, in her mind, there is only one alternative left for her. :ermm:

The BSG forums at Sci-Fi Channel talk all about this and more. Very informative.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The thing with Dee was awesome. I quite enjoyed that part very much.

The context of her conversation with gaida made it obvious why she killed herself though. She said something along the lines of "I want this happiness to last for as long as possible." Immediately after she killed herself becuase she knew that the only thing ahead for the fleet was struggle and that she probably wouldn't be as happy as that moment ever again. Or something like that.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

That sucks she offed herself. She started to break down on the planet then later on she was alright, even happy. That was a surprise.

Terrific writing and acting.

Edit: Oh, Di is a cylon. When she knelt down and dug up the jax, she had a flashback (not shown), and realized she was a cylon. You can see her snap in the Raptor. She finally decides to off herself. Also notice the focus on the rings. Tigh is shown wearing one. Starbuck with hers, and Di takes hers off before she offs herself. Ellen, Tigh's wife is a cylon. Anders is a cylon. Di is a cylon. It all fits.

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

That sucks she offed herself. She started to break down on the planet then later on she was alright, even happy. That was a surprise.

Terrific writing and acting.

Edit: Oh, Di is a cylon. When she knelt down and dug up the jax, she had a flashback (not shown), and realized she was a cylon. You can see her snap in the Raptor. She finally decides to off herself. Also notice the focus on the rings. Tigh is shown wearing one. Starbuck with hers, and Di takes hers off before she offs herself. Ellen, Tigh's wife is a cylon. Anders is a cylon. Di is a cylon. It all fits.

Wow I'm a retard for not putting that together. I mean I had a hunch all the along and when she did it I pretty much had her pinned for it but it was nothing more than my subconscious trying to tell me something. Good catch though.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Dee is in every single IMDB credit up the last episode. Either it's a template, or she's a Cylon, or both. The cast list, however, lists characters for future episodes (some of them revealing) that are different to past episodes, casting doubt on it being a template. Interestingly, Felix Gaeta pops up every episode, too. No mention of Ellen from what I can see.

Nevermind. The lead writer confirmed Ellen is the final cylon, and that Dee is dead permanently.

Damn. I don't like Ellen and Dee was awesome. Oh well, I hope Ellen is a villain.

Edit: Dee's actor talks about how she's left the show (not by her choice): http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/dualla-speaks...tar-episode.php

Edited by Krezack

I dont like these turn of events at all, it makes no sense whatsoever that the cylons would be thousands of years old. This is starting to feel like the writers are doing a "lost"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Also, from previous episodes, the 13th (cylon) tribe left Kobol 3,600 years ago. The 12 human tribes left Kobol 2,000 years ago. Cylon Earth was destroyed 2,000 years ago. Not a coincidence.

The 13th tribe left Kobol because they believed in a monotheistic god, while the humans believed in the Lords of Kobol (polytheism), and apparently the god Athena killed herself because of the humans leaving/being exiled from Kobol.

Ellen would also appear to be the leader of the Cylons. And she also seems to have more knowledge than the other Five (she knew she'd be reborn when Cylon Earth was being nuked presumably by the humans).

You expect a plot twist that makes sense from Battlestar gallactica. Why, pray tell.

Before this you could dismiss the weird stuff that happened because it was just religious crap and hallucinations. But to actually retcon the whole history of the Cylons in one fell swoop is too much. I hope it turns out to be some kind of cylon mindfrak trap to confuse the humans into making a mistake.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Just a thought,

There's something else out there in the dark besides humans & cylons...