The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

Tigh and Six are having a baby???

WTF??!

Six is pregnant and Thigh is the only one who's been spending alot of time with her. Plus he didn't refuse that he had sex with her, but didn't confirm it either.

It could be Baltar's though. Since I believe it's Caprica Six.

Fortune favors the bald.

"Could be Baltar's"? He hasn't been spending time with here. Moreover, he wouldn't have the authority to make the guards leave like Tigh did.

I meant he slept with her on Caprica.. but since that was quite a long time ago... well.. just forget I said anything! o:)

Fortune favors the bald.

"Could be Baltar's"? He hasn't been spending time with here. Moreover, he wouldn't have the authority to make the guards leave like Tigh did.

I meant he slept with her on Caprica.. but since that was quite a long time ago... well.. just forget I said anything! :facepalm:

Here, let me save you: Cylon humanoids are probably capable of delayed pregnancy like kangaroos. ;)

I'd almost certainly say it is Tigh's. Presuming she knows who the father is, that explains why she was asking Tigh if he loved her.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

yeah but if Cylons can start reproducing on their own... goodbye humanity!

unless they need our gene-pool.

Then hello sex-camps (as opposed to slave camps)

Fortune favors the bald.

Then hello sex-camps (as opposed to slave camps)

They already tried that. It didn't work so well.

Tomato tomatoe.

Have we seen Baltar's Mind Six this whole season? Apart from that one moment/confrontation with the one soldier? That was one of the more interesting character aspects of Baltar, in my opinion. The connection between him and Hera is still there, but Mind Six seems to have gone away. There were several times in recent episodes where it would have been appropriate for her to pop in and influence his actions.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

We saw Baltar's imaginary Six push him forward when Roslin tried to outlaw his religious meetings. In fact, she forced him on to such a degree that people argued there was no way should be simply imaginary.

However, we've also since seen Baltar meet an imaginary version of himself, so I suspect both are really just an extension of his own imagination.

After all, Baltar is about the most pathetic, loathable and cowardly example of what humanity has to offer, but he is also brilliant and would not be able to dismiss his own transgressions and crimes so easily. So I suspect some evil "other" and then blamed that for all the bad things he has done.

That he has begun seeing himself instead of Six could mean that he is finally begin to take some responsibility for his choices, which is about time. As Adama said at one point, you cannot make Baltar accept his own crimes, because in his own eyes he will always be the victim. It'll be interesting to see if Baltar will continue to see imaginary versions of Six or himself, after he confessed to Roslin that was the one who gave the cylons the access codes to Caprica, virtually causing the doom of the human race.

That he has begun seeing himself instead of Six could mean that he is finally begin to take some responsibility for his choices, which is about time. As Adama said at one point, you cannot make Baltar accept his own crimes, because in his own eyes he will always be the victim. It'll be interesting to see if Baltar will continue to see imaginary versions of Six or himself, after he confessed to Roslin that was the one who gave the cylons the access codes to Caprica, virtually causing the doom of the human race.

Six was posing as a co-worker. He was duped, like the rest of humanity.

He could even be the biggest victim of all.

He is all ego. And on that day when Six revealed herself to him just before the attacks, it destroyed him.

Oh and did anyone notice that Jake is back???

Six was posing as a co-worker. He was duped, like the rest of humanity.

He could even be the biggest victim of all.

According to Baltar, sure. However, as Six points out, he knew or at least suspected full well that she was playing him for her own purposes to gain access, and he went along with it because he just didn't care or just cared more about their personal time together than he did about planetary security. Being duped does not absolve a person of gross negligence, especially not in the case of Baltar, who is a virtual genius.

He is all ego. And on that day when Six revealed herself to him just before the attacks, it destroyed him.

Actually, as Six tells him, even in the face of the destruction of his race, he still cared more about the possibility of death penalty for his actions than he did about the millions that would due because of what he had done.

But that's why I like Baltar and would be disappointed if he turned out to be a cylon. He is the most human character on the show, since he embodies all the characteristics of humanity that we loathe. He is simply too much of a pathetic, whiney, self-absorbed human derelict to be a cylon IMHO.

• 2 months later...

Yay, finally got "Razor" on DVD :(

Now I just need to find the time to watch it.

I wonder when season 4 will available in the stores down here... *waiting patiently*

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

• 4 weeks later...

*SPOILERS!!!!*

So after watching the 10 episodes of season 4 and Razor, I can certainly say that's one hell of a good SF series :teehee:

But what happened to Earth? World War 3? McCain's health got worse and Sarah Paulin became president, what? :brows:

• 2 weeks later...
Since you've already taken the opportunity to tenuously link BSG to the 2008 election, I feel no shame in posting this link: http://www.tighroslin.com/

As a corollary: the scenario you suggests sounds plausible.

That is too funny no matter how many times I've seen it.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Somehow I don't think either would make especially good presidents. Anyway when are the last bunch coming

February 2009.

;)

So that's it, then? It's confirmed for that time? ;)

What about the Caprica tv movie? I'm so out of the (non existent?) loop right now...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

• 3 months later...

TONIGHT IS THE BEGINNING OF THE END, BITCHES! :ermm: