The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

They really need to clear up with Adama from the fracking miniseries. How he knew about skinjobs and where he got a report that there are 12 models.

It's those two things that have me thinking he might be the final cylon. They had something going on with him in the beginning.

He knew about skinjobs because he met Leoben on the space station in the mini and Adama noticed how vulnerable Leoben was to the radiation, which was harmless to humans.

He knew about the twelve models because of a paper that was left on his desk in one episode.

Welcome to only presenting the very scenes that bring up the questions and pretending that's somehow an answer.

Leoben getting sick is not sufficient for making the jump to HE'S A ROBOT! It was a conclusion he came to because he already knew of the possibility. Edit: Actually, Razer can answer this question. Adama sees the first hybrid.

And there's no explanation for how he got that piece of paper. Who gave it to him? Nobody who even knew about the 12 models had any reason to do that.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They lied when they said Kara was 'really dead'.

Did they? It would explain how she came out of that explosion without a scratch and in a brand new plane.. Maybe not Cylon, but maybe not Kara either.. in which case Kara, as in the real Kara really is dead (not saying she's an Alien though!)

Fortune favors the bald.

And there's no explanation for how he got that piece of paper. Who gave it to him? Nobody who even knew about the 12 models had any reason to do that.

I disagree. I think Baltar left him the paper. Six told him there were 12 models, and being on the run with the fleet, this is somethign he would have wanted Adama to know, except not where he knew this from, since it would raise questions that could expose him as the traitor who compromised Caprica's security. So he simply left an anonymous note in Adama's quarters instead. Just my theory, though.

Why did Starbuck say "the music was so clear there [near the nebula]"? I did a double-take when I heard that.

I caught that too.

All along the watchtower, indeed. Also notice that none of the other 4 heard the music either after they left the nebula.

Actually, she said, "Everything was so clear when I first got back. I mean, if I could just focus, then I know I could find that sound again."

Even so, it does point to a connection to the use of "All Along the Watchtower" than ended season 3, yes. However, they did obscure it by using the word "sound" instead of "music".

Weird ep.

Kara definitely said music this time, though. I was so hoping Anders would put his hand in the Cylon console. Cylon true death was interesting.

I wonder who Deanna will see? It seems she saw only one of the final five. Anders looked a bit paranoid.

Here's a 2007 overview of outdoor screens for laptops: http://www.pencomputing.com/features/outdo...e_notebooks.htm

Edited by Krezack

Here's a 2007 overview of outdoor screens for laptops: http://www.pencomputing.com/features/outdo...e_notebooks.htm

?

I really liked this episode, as the story has finally moved forward. Can't wait for next week :lol:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Also, I thought there were some major changes in some of the key characters on the show. Anders, the President, and even a hint at Adama at the very end.

What I want to see next episode, after the crew picks up Deanna, is for everyone to get back with Galactica. There's something I miss about the hum of the Dradis systm, everyone at their posts, and Adama giving orders.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

?

I really liked this episode, as the story has finally moved forward. Can't wait for next week ;)

Holy crap, that was not meant for this thread. It was intended for Waslingham in a thread where he asked about laptop use outdoors.

And agreed with your posts. :ermm:

I wonder who Deanna will see?

When she had her vision or whatever, she said something like "You? I'm sorry, forgive me.", so I'm assuming she saw Anders, and was sorry for nearly killing him back on Caprica.

That's what I thought when I saw that episode the second time.

I wanted to shout out, holy ****, it's Anders! but my mother was sitting right there and I didn't want to ruin it for her.

Edited by Arkan

Unless she only saw the 5th Cylon, which could still be anybody, and not recognize Anders.

Unless she only saw the 5th Cylon, which could still be anybody, and not recognize Anders.

Possibly, but I reckon it'd work much better if it was Anders. It seems to be gearing up for that, too, including Anders/Starback dynamic.

I always assumed D'Anna apologized to her vision of Tigh for, you know, ripping his eye out...

I felt this ep was the best of the season so far. It shifted the series in high gear and the pace has really picked up. That scene where Starbuck meets the Hybrid was amazing.

But I also miss the military stuff. Hopefully with this alliance the fleet will start to fight off the Cylons again.

At least for a few episodes?

Frakkin' great show...

I'm in the "most likely Tigh, but could have been the 5th" camp. If she saw Anders, then there'd be some nice drama when they finally unboxed her.

So, they'll avoid that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm in the "most likely Tigh, but could have been the 5th" camp. If she saw Anders, then there'd be some nice drama when they finally unboxed her.

So, they'll avoid that.

Who knows...it could be the blow up many fans are waiting for.

I'm calling it here:

At the very end of this Friday's episode, Deanna will be brought back, see Anders, there will be a dramatic anime-esque staring thing, roll credits.

Place your bets!

Edited by Arkan

So, they'll avoid that.

Why would they avoid that? It's the perfect way to unfold it. I'm with Arkan.

40 minutes to go on the download, but... I figured they would, DR. 406 was just a bone to keep us happy, and so will probably 409 and 410 be.

I guess it's a high/low excitement and suspense formula that works, though - as long as the 'filler' eps aren't **** boring like they were in season 3.

This was one of the better episodes.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: