The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

Is the first pic from this past episode where Kara is drawing all over her quarters? And are you saying there's a connections? o:)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Is the first pic from this past episode where Kara is drawing all over her quarters? And are you saying there's a connections? o:)

The painting is from the most recent episode. I noticed at least two shots of her "stars" with a trail behind them like they are moving, and they look far too much like the old Ships of Light to be a coincidence.

Starbuck claims to have seen Earth and will lead the fleet there, but according to the hybrid in Razor that isn't to be. Count Iblis of the original series made the same claim, and he was pretty much the Satan of old BSG.

Edited by Hell Kitty

The painting is from the most recent episode. I noticed at least two shots of her "stars" with a trail behind them like they are moving, and they look far too much like the old Ships of Light to be a coincidence.

Starbuck claims to have seen Earth and will lead the fleet there, but according to the hybrid in Razor that isn't to be. Count Iblis of the original series made the same claim, and he was pretty much the Satan of old BSG.

So you're saying Iblis is the fifth and he took/cloned Kara's body and downloaded into it in order to lead mankind to extinction?

I just saw Razor. Pretty good. I didn't know Cain had a romantically involved with a woman. Know I understand her hatred towards that Six, Gina now. Betrayal on so many levels.

The story of looking back in the past on events was pretty good.

Now on to the episode on Friday night. Someone needs to off Baltar, I'm sick of him. Now he wants to play the part of a psuedo jesus. I don't know if Kara can be trusted after seeing the end of Razor and what she is doing now, looking for Earth.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Is the first pic from this past episode where Kara is drawing all over her quarters? And are you saying there's a connections? :brows:

So you're saying Iblis is the fifth and he took/cloned Kara's body and downloaded into it in order to lead mankind to extinction?

Iblis or any other aliens won't play a part in the new series, that's for sure, but it's interesting to see the connections between new and old series.

I don't know what the deal with Kara is, but I think she truly believes in her purpose, I just think the hybrid from Razor was right.

I just saw Razor. Pretty good. I didn't know Cain had a romantically involved with a woman. Know I understand her hatred towards that Six, Gina now. Betrayal on so many levels.

The story of looking back in the past on events was pretty good.

Now on to the episode on Friday night. Someone needs to off Baltar, I'm sick of him. Now he wants to play the part of a psuedo jesus. I don't know if Kara can be trusted after seeing the end of Razor and what she is doing now, looking for Earth.

Whoa now, where did it say Cain was involved with a woman?

About Baltar. I think he's still Baltar, which means when push comes to shove he's ultimately going to be about self preservation.

Oh, and did I catch Kara saying "Oh my god" and not "godS?"

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Season 4 has been great so far. Theyve turned around the series completely.... In season 3, it was in the dumps.

Really? The could have condensed the last 3 episodes into two to move things along a bit quicker. After a REALLY great start, it's slowed down terribly. Sure there's lot's of tension and dramatic build up, but something really needs to happen...which I think will next episode.

Season 4 has been great so far. Theyve turned around the series completely.... In season 3, it was in the dumps.

Really? The could have condensed the last 3 episodes into two to move things along a bit quicker. After a REALLY great start, it's slowed down terribly. Sure there's lot's of tension and dramatic build up, but something really needs to happen...which I think will next episode.

BSG has never been about space battles and heavy action. It's about character development.

And we've been very well served so far in season 4.

I get his point though, the miniseries and doubleheaders, flight of the phoenix, res ship, worked so much better because they weren't so concerned with cramming everything down to 30 mins.

You feel it, as in the cylon civil war, which is done in 5 mins and needed more. The constant cliffhangers might sell more ad space, but they are annoying as hell. Every time you think something is going to happen you realize that theres only 5 mins left and nothing much is going to happen after all.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

BSG has never been about space battles and heavy action. It's about character development.

And we've been very well served so far in season 4.

I never mentioned space battles or heavy action.

And you're telling me that if this is the way the rest of the series played out, you'd be happy?

Why did Starbuck say "the music was so clear there [near the nebula]"? I did a double-take when I heard that.

I caught that too.

All along the watchtower, indeed. Also notice that none of the other 4 heard the music either after they left the nebula.

Edited by Arkan

Of course, nobody in the "last supper'' photo is supposed to be the last cylon

Wait, I just thought of something. Has the Dualla character been written off the show? I don't remember seeing her this season other than when she said goodbye to Apollo...or is my memory playing tricks on me?

Good riddance.

She was useless baggage with acting more wooden than Keanu Reeves.

Even her eye candy purpose was liek WTF, Mate? She wasn't even that hot. Mildly sexy at best. And then only in the right lighting.

manthing2.jpg

Moore has said so much conflicting stuff over the past 2 years that I generally ignore any claims like that; they've a 50/50 chance of being true. I.e. they're useless.

At this point it wouldn't even surprise me if Roslin were a cylon. Still, that little 'music' comment of Starbuck's was telling.

Dualla is hot, but yeah - her acting is a bit stiff and she's not as 'fun' or emotional as she could be. I mean, Helo is probably her male counterpart, but he still manages to be awesome.

Moore has said so much conflicting stuff over the past 2 years that I generally ignore any claims like that; they've a 50/50 chance of being true. I.e. they're useless.

At this point it wouldn't even surprise me if Roslin were a cylon. Still, that little 'music' comment of Starbuck's was telling.

Dualla is hot, but yeah - her acting is a bit stiff and she's not as 'fun' or emotional as she could be. I mean, Helo is probably her male counterpart, but he still manages to be awesome.

Yeah Tahmoh Penikett's performance was really good in that last ep. I think in the long hiatus he might have taken some acting classes.

The acting has never been the best part of Battlestar Galactica.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Pffft. Helo has always been decent. I think you guys fail to differentiate between "lack of skill" and a passive demeanour. Helo, Dualla... they aren't usually MEANT to be at the forefront of the script. They are all-round nice guys that back-up the rest of the cast (like the explosive Starbuck, two-timing Lee, hedonistic Baltar, insane Roslin, charismatic Adama, etc).

Helo was going to be killed off in the miniseries (because of the above) but the fans liked him so much.

Although Moore stated that all the cast will develop towards a darker path this series, and I guess that Helo sparking mutiny is one such example (not to mention Tori killing Cally, Tyrol about to blow his brains out, Roslin turning dictator, etc).

In fact, Baltar seems the only one so far who has taken a more supportive, uplifting, positive path. But I expect there's much more to that yet to come.

They really need to clear up with Adama from the fracking miniseries. How he knew about skinjobs and where he got a report that there are 12 models.

It's those two things that have me thinking he might be the final cylon. They had something going on with him in the beginning.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

They really need to clear up with Adama from the fracking miniseries. How he knew about skinjobs and where he got a report that there are 12 models.

It's those two things that have me thinking he might be the final cylon. They had something going on with him in the beginning.

He knew about skinjobs because he met Leoben on the space station in the mini and Adama noticed how vulnerable Leoben was to the radiation, which was harmless to humans.

He knew about the twelve models because of a paper that was left on his desk in one episode.

Beside, Adm Adama is not Cylon because of Olmos' contract...

I'm starting to think that is no Earth, that Adama made it all up but the interpretation of the scrolls, the Cylon's "plan" and perhaps a few coincidences, will lead the humans to the Cylon homeworld where they will be eradicated in favor of a new race of hybrid to which Hera and Nikki are the first.

Or something