The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

Jediphile: more likely the writers completely forgot about it. They have a habit of forgetting about plot arcs and unanswered questions. It's annoying.

It could happen. Hopefully it won't. Second time I watched the series I saw that part and thought, "huh, they never answered this..." If there's not an explanation by the end of the season, could that drop the series down a notch, or does it matter? I'd like to see what they do with it.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

They are making Tory out to be really evil aren't they.

I don't like her. She had to do that thing with Cally, now she is no different than the other 7 skin jobs.

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. It seems like she's going on some kind of power trip now. It could have been instinct to silence a possible threat, but damn...I didn't see it coming up until she said, "Can I hold him?" I was like NO DON'T DO IT CALI!!! Now she just comes across as evil, and the 4 are splintering :)

Also, why did they send so many critical people with Kara? Nearly every other main character went with her.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Well as I said earlier, I think it's good writing to not have the final four act as one entity. Before they were Cylons they had little in common, so why expect them to suddenly work, think and feel in harmony now? It's good that Galen is depressed and apathetic, it's good that the power is going to Tory's head and her true colours are showing, it's good that Saul, as usual, is loyal to the fleet, it's good that Anders doesn't give a frak that he's a Cylon in the end because he still loves Kara (and because he's more of a passionate/intuitive than a logical/rationalising person).

Further, it all helps show how human and individual they are, even as Cylons.

True.

Personally, I'd go with a manifestation of his mind or a hallucination, but who knows.

She picked him up! How can she be an hallucination?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Haha yeah that scene was hilarious. He was a puppet!

But it's not the first time she's done it. I believe she did it in season 1 or 2 as well.

Not to mention the physical six in that same episode (season 1/2) seemed to be in on the virtual six's plans, and disappeared completely that same episode - no trace of her in the fleet.

Actually, come to think of it, it's possible she thought he was a normal human when she was beating him (probably her twisted way of trying to show him how to 'turn off' pain) but then realised in the beating somehow that he wasn't human, as she says "no, I was wrong... this isn't what you need". She can sense the final five after all, so likely something triggered and she detected Saul was one.

I hope. They better hurry up and reveal the final five to SOMEBODY... they killed Cally so she doesn't count.

I can't see his feet on those pics...

Which means there's no way of knowing whether they were touching the ground. :ermm:

Which means he's doing it himself, just like he always does it himself whenever his Six is beating him or strangling him or pulling on his tie or rubbing herself on his cr0tch or whatever.

If he was levitating the people around him would be in much more awe than this. Especially the soldiers.

Which means he's doing it himself

If his feet were touching the ground that still doesn't prove that Six is just in his head. It could go either way. I think the reason they put in that shot was to cast down on Six purely being a figment of his disturbed mind.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Which means he's doing it himself

If his feet were touching the ground that still doesn't prove that Six is just in his head. It could go either way. I think the reason they put in that shot was to cast down on Six purely being a figment of his disturbed mind.

I think they put it in to show how much Six IS a figment of his imagination. If he's not touching the ground then yes, she might be more than that but he has created these kinds of things before, like pulling on his own tie to simulate Six lifting him of the ground by his throat, with onlookers giving him "wtf?" stares.

She's a figment of his imagination, just like Bill's wife was.

Also, I think Tyrol's dream in S2 was a premonition, meaning he will commit suicide by jumping off the railing in the hangar in the coming episodes.

And, Lee will be the next President. For sure.

Edited by astr0creep

But it's not the first time she's done it. I believe she did it in season 1 or 2 as well.

This is the first time they've ever shown him being clearly manipulated by an invisible entity though.

In season 2 (en episode with 'six' in the name), he gets slammed against the wall by an invisible force (six in his mind). The direction/angle of force, the velocity and the movement of the rest of his limbs in response pretty much rules out the possibility his neuroses caused it. I believe he also gets choked by her, which is again shown as an invisible constriction around his neck as well as upwards movement of his body seemingly without downwards force on his part... it was pretty clearly not his doing.

But yeah, this is the biggest confirmation yet that Virtual Six is a real entity (well, besides Shelly, the physical incarnation of Virtual Six in season 2 who mysteriously disappeared into thin air even though a marine detail was 30 seconds behind and had her boxed in).

I am curious about one thing....

Was the heavy raider damaged or sabatoged? If it was sabatoged did Leoben know it?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I am curious about one thing....

Was the heavy raider damaged or sabatoged? If it was sabatoged did Leoben know it?

Everything happens for a reason...

This episode was ok, but something REALLY needs to happen soon or people, including myself, are going to start losing interest. There are 5 more episodes for the first half of the season it seems like the only thing that's happened is the Cylons are in a civil war now. Everything else has just been searching and waiting.

shipoflightek6.jpg

Shipoflights.jpg

Ship of Light

What's this?

And, is the trinary star system they keep referring to Orion's belt or something?