The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

Moore said no dead characters are the final Cylon.

Ellen will be returning in Tigh flashbacks.

Ok then.

But if, say, Cain is a Cylon then she is not dead...

Dualla?

My bad. What he actually said was "the final Cylon is in the fleet currently".

A lot of people have suggested Ellen but personally I don't think it would work even if she were alive... two Cylons is lame.

You've got to expect the final Cylon to be an even more dramatic surprise than the final 4.

Moore said no dead characters are the final Cylon.

Ellen will be returning in Tigh flashbacks.

Ok then.

But if, say, Cain is a Cylon then she is not dead...

Dualla?

My bad. What he actually said was "the final Cylon is in the fleet currently".

A lot of people have suggested Ellen but personally I don't think it would work even if she were alive... two Cylons is lame.

You've got to expect the final Cylon to be an even more dramatic surprise than the final 4.

The biggest shocker would be Adm Adama with Baltar as close second followed by Roslin then Starbuck.

According to what the producers have said in the past, the only one in that list that couls be a Cylon is Baltar.

But he can't be, he's the "human" part of the show or so they say.

Helo would be interesting. It would mean that the Cylon's theory of love=procreation is true.

People who I don't think are Cylons and why:

Roslin - reasons above

Admiral Adama - his contract prevents it

Starback - she's got her weird destiny plotline

Baltar - he's the embodiment of base human nature, and again has his own little destiny plotline

Anybody who is dead (Ellen, Cain, Kat, etc)

I think Lee Adama might be the Cylon from a dramatic bang perspective. He's one of the most human characters on the show, without being a tosser like Baltar. Zarek is also a contender.

People who I don't think are Cylons and why:

Roslin - reasons above

Admiral Adama - his contract prevents it

Starback - she's got her weird destiny plotline

Baltar - he's the embodiment of base human nature, and again has his own little destiny plotline

Anybody who is dead (Ellen, Cain, Kat, etc)

I think Lee Adama might be the Cylon from a dramatic bang perspective. He's one of the most human characters on the show, without being a tosser like Baltar. Zarek is also a contender.

How can Lee be a Cylon? Switched at birth? That would be lame.

I would have said the same to somebody who suggested Tigh was one of the final five.

Tigh hasn't changed much in the 40+ years of knowing Adama but Lee grew up from baby to adult.

Cylons don't grow up, they're machines.

Lee's past has been witnessed by his father who, as you said, is not Cylon.

Tigh, Roslin, Romo, their entire past is not known by someone.

Aside from her diagnosis we know nothing of Roslin's past, only her work and since Tigh is a Cylon we know that doesn't mean squat...

Roslin, in many ways, is the least "human" character on the show.

Cylon blood cured her? COMPATIBILITY!

My money's on Roslin.

You said Cylons don't age, yet Tigh has (I think). There's a flashback of him and Adama when they were younger, remember?

He barely has more hair and a better tan.

There is also a big difference between aging and growing.

The only way Lee is a Cylon is if he was cloned.

Edited by astr0creep

:down: I saw a BSG commercial on SciFi...

Some woman says "Is there something that you want? Is there something that you need?" Then she jumps on a guy with an eyepatch and starts punching him in the face and smiling.

Creepy...

Twitter | @Insevin

:lol: I saw a BSG commercial on SciFi...

Some woman says "Is there something that you want? Is there something that you need?" Then she jumps on a guy with an eyepatch and starts punching him in the face and smiling.

Creepy...

I take it you don't watch BSG?

--

Anyway guys, the final Cylon is definitely

Gaius Baltar

. I have ze proof! :lol:

manthing2.jpg

The way I see it: Roslin will go mad with power. Meanwhile the Cylons try to make amends. The lines between humanity and Cylons blur as Roslin, a human, performs actions as questionable as those of the Cylons.

And yeah, it might be Baltar. The hybrid in Razor certainly hinted it was Baltar. It would further illustrate that Cylons can be as disgustingly human and self-serving as any human, but also redeem themselves, too.

I'm liking the Saul-Six arc. Not liking Tory; stupid Cylon wench.

They are making Tory out to be really evil aren't they.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yes. And it sort of works; she's been a quiet observer up to now (so we didn't know her temperament). Now, she realises she has power and probably thinks she can resurrect - I suppose it would go to some people's heads.

What would be stupid if they all acted like Tory. As it is the reactions have been very mixed and individual. It's good.

Lee doesn't belong in a suit! He belongs in a VIPER, dammit!

Something tells me he'll find his way back into one.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

So, what is Gaius' Six?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

So, what is Gaius' Six?

His guardian angel

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

So, what is Gaius' Six?

His guardian angel

Or God.

Or a manifestation of a part of himself that he suppresses.

A hallucination created by his own sick mind or by drugs.

A ghost or spirit.

Personally, I'd go with a manifestation of his mind or a hallucination, but who knows.

Point is, the last cylon could be anyone. But since it would undermine all of Baltar's betrayals if he turns out to be a cylon, I tend to doubt he's the last cylon. I mean, if Baltar is a cylon, then he really didn't betray his own people, did he? Therefore it cheapens his actions, and would not be good writing IMHO. Baltar has to be human for that reason alone. Besides, Baltar is pathetic, self-centered, cowardly, selfish, egotistical, narcissistic and self-absorbed, all of which makes him the most human character on the show. I have this pet theory that lots of people don't want him to be human for that reason - because if he's a cylon, then all these unsavory characteristics can be written off as being cylon. And we don't like those aspects of humanity, do we? So let's write them off to cylon-land. If Ron Moore does that, it will be cheap. But I doubt that he will. He's too good a writer, and if he can highlight this point when he confirms Baltar as human, then he's a bloody genius.

One pet theory of my own, though. Going back all the way to the mini-series, do people recall that a message was left in Adama's quarters saying there twelve cylon models? Now, who wrote that message? And why? Why didn't this person just come forward and spill the beans? My theory is that it was Baltar. He knew there were twelve models, because Six told him so just before the bombs went off on Caprica. And being on the run with the fleet, he wanted to warn Adama, yet couldn't come out and say it, because it would draw questions to his source, which he couldn't get into without also revealing his own treason as far as the part he played in compromising the defenses of Caprica. I suspect that will be revealed at one point, when they really do want to kill Baltar. I suspected it would come up at the trial in Baltar's defense, but then again maybe it didn't exactly because it would again draw attention to his treason on Caprica, which he couldn't afford at the time. But... just a theory.