The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

That was unexpected.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd say all bets are off now.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I like that the secret meeting took place in "Weapons Locker 1701D" - an obvious little nod to Ron Moore's Trek days on TNG ;)

So... Who is the last cylon? :shifty:

You have got one heck of an eye for detail! I'd have never noticed that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ron Moore already said it isn't Roslin.

And so what, it's a Cylon-Cylon baby? If Cylons can have human-Cylon babies, they very likely can have Cylon-Cylon babies, especially since the final five are "fundamentally different".

All we have so far is the fact that the first Seven can't use stolen ova for some reason which they concluded was "lack of love" or some rubbish. Yeah right.

It's obviously not the mitochondria which are gained from humans, since Hera's mother is a Cylon.

Edited by Krezack

My bets: Baltar's hand-maiden, Cally, Zarek, Gaeta, Lampkin, Doc Coddle.

It's definitely not Adama or Roslin though. Heh in the contract for the actor for Adama's character it says "Not a cylon."

Roslin's just a plain dangerous bitch.

Possibility: the five deliberately went undercover as humans, and left the final cylon as their keeper to activate them. Maybe it was Lampkin? He certainly popped up at the right time, he spouted wisdom, he was enigmatic and sort of charming, he's alive in the fleet but relatively on the side-lines... let me check if he shows up again. He does. Episode 9 and then again at least once in the final 10 eps of the series. We'll have to see if it's as a cameo or as a Cylon.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Romo_Lampkin

Come on doesn't that just scream 'Cylon'? He's awesome. And if Tigh can be one, so can he. :(

Edited by Krezack

My money is on Roslin.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

My money is on Roslin.

I doubt that. While Roslin does indeed share some dreams with the known cylons of Galactica (Athena and Six), that has probably more to do with the cylon blood she has in her system after Baltar gave her a transfusion to save her from dying of cancer.

Still, there was a clue back in season 3's "A Measure of Salvation", I think. Assuming the Final Five can become sick from the disease that infected the other cylons of that dying basestar, the last cylon cannot be Apollo, Helo, Adama, or Roslin, because they all met with an infected Simon/Number Four and would have been exposed to the disease.

We could argue that the Final Five are not subject to the disease, but note that none of the known Final Five - Tyrol, Tigh, Tory or Anders - were ever in the same room as an infected cylon. That looks like a pretty big coincidence to me. Of course, Starback also did not meet with an infected cylon, and if she is a cylon, then it can naturally explain her apparent resurrection.

Then again, maybe making Starbuck a cylon is too obvious given how season 3 ended. I have a feeling Ron Moore is aiming to give the identity of the last cylon as much shock value as he can get away with... and then some o:)

I've noticed that all known Cylons have so far been the right hand of a major character except perhaps for a few exceptions.

Anders - Starbuck

Tori - Roslin

Tigh - Adm Adama

Six - Baltar

Boomer/Athena - Tyrol/Helo

Leoben - Starbuck

Doral - None

Deanna - Baltar

Cavil - Ellen?

Simon - None

Tyrol - Cally/Nicky

With that in mind, it would make Billy(-Roslin) a possible Cylon and also Romo Lampkin(-Lee Adama)

Meh.