The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

Kendra? No way... she had a mother who was well known (not just in her head) and when the hybrid is talking to her, he alludes to the fifth Cylon, and it doesn't seem to be her. Plus she's currently working on other projects like Life on Mars.

Is it possible that the final five are all human/Cylon hybrids like Hera & Nick? It'd explain why they are immune to that earth rat virus for example, as well as the issue of having history and parents.

I reckon the centurions will turn on the humanoid Cylons for the very same reason the Cylons turned on the humans.

There's a lot against Starbuck as a Cylon, I agree. But there's also a lot against any of the other 4 as Cylons, too. I mean Tigh? C'mon! Still, how did she come back? According to the shows' creator, she did die.

Heck, really, Tigh was a soldier in the first Cylon War when the basic work model was all that existed and rebelled. How exactly is he a Cylon?

Hmm, it's all getting too mystical and religious for me.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/The_Destiny

Interesting link...

What I deduce from it is that there is a strong possibility that in the show, both "species", Humans and Cylons, can resurect somehow. With Cylons the means by which the resurection occurs is scientific, can be explained with science and reproduced with technology. But with Humans, the method is more in the divine, perhaps because they are not "artificial" like the Cylons and the reason why Humans do not resurect as easily as Cylons is that, in their heart, they lack faith?

Also, the article in the link reminded me of one of Captain Picard's many great quotes: "After all, humans are organic machines(...)" This got me thinking about DNA, which is basically a program...

Good stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

5 more days!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I hope they end the series on a happy note.

But they'll probably think it's somehow a cool artistic technique to have the Battlestar explode due to a coolant leak or something just as it reaches Earth.

Example one: Nobody had any idea why Starbuck was killed off at the end of season 3 nor how they were going to bring her back. The writers just thought it was 'cool'.

And we need some less crappy emoticons. These smilies suck compared to vB/PHPBB ones. It's really starting to irritate me.

WOOHOO! NO cable! :lol:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

one thing i always wondered with this show

did any pet dogs/cats survive?

i mean, probably none on the Galactica, it being a military ship, but what about the civilian vessels?

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Apparently you can watch it on the official site Friday at noon!

Jawesome!

http://www.scifi.com/index.php

What does that mean if you live in Europe, I can never figure these things out.

Don't know...do you usually get the shows when they air? If not, I'd say this is your chance to watch it at noon EST...what is that, 5-6pm for you?

I just hope Download Helper recognizes it, so I can save it and watch it without interruption...

Acutally, according to the time gizmo in windows the US is GMT - 6 and Copenhagen is GMT +1, that should make it 7 hrs earlier here.

Of course they will probably find some way to ruin that to keep the suspense going. I don't even think it will work, half the time I get the 'sorry clip not available in your location' message when I try to watch something on Sci-FI

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm on the site right now, and as expected it doesn't work, probably they are just not interested in wasting bandwidth on Europeans.

Anyway you can't download anything, it's a streamed browser plugin, either media player or flash. So unless you are savey enough to get around that, it's pretty useless.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I'm on the site right now, and as expected it doesn't work, probably they are just not interested in wasting bandwidth on Europeans.

Anyway you can't download anything, it's a streamed browser plugin, either media player or flash. So unless you are savey enough to get around that, it's pretty useless.

The Downloadhelper Firefox plugin lets you download embedded flash videos... But I missed it due to work :sorcerer:

No green and no BSG make Arkan something something... :p

No green and no BSG make Arkan something something... :thumbsup:

...go crazy?

Anyway, Starbuck

ain't doin' herself any favours.

I liked the Anders/raider scanning scene. Anders's eyes glowed red for a few seconds.

I was wondering if that really happened of if it was like Tigh

shooting Olmos in the face.

Oh, and the guy who

attacked Baltar

, wasn't he part of the

Out The Airlock You Go Revenge Committee

?

Edited by Hell Kitty

There's certainly a bit of contradiction. If his eyes did glow (which I reckon was real), why was

Starback able to knock him out with a single pistol-whip? Glowing eyes indicates Cylon physiology, whilst falling like a little baby indicates rather human physiology. OK, so most humans wouldn't fall unconscious with one pistol-whip, but you gotta go with cinematic techniques.

I don't think so, no?

Although that lady certainly went to town on him with the pipe. Maybe she's the final Cylon?

I reckon the final five were created by the settlers of Earth. They were Cylon in their artificialness only (not ideology or goals). The mech Cylons discovered some of them somehow and copied their design, giving rise to the 7 Cylon humanoid models.

Edited by Krezack

Curses! Waiting a week between episodes = BOOO!

Anyway, I'm guessing Anders' deal with the raider is that he sent the signal to the Cylon to call of the attack (subconsciously) without the raider really realizing it...doesn't explain the whole fleet, though.

Nice cliffhanger, but we know she doesn't dead the pres.

Anyway, I'm guessing Anders' deal with the raider is that he sent the signal to the Cylon to call of the attack (subconsciously) without the raider really realizing it...doesn't explain the whole fleet, though.

The raiders, while organic like the humanoid Cylons, are really just the arms, legs and eyes of the basestar hybrids. Basically what probably happened is the raider detected something odd and scanned Anders, or Anders accidentally sent a signal, and the raider in turn sent this signal to the hybrid of the basestar, which for once made a decision independently of the humanoid Cylons (or perhaps told the humanoid Cylons and they made a decision in record time); the decision being to withdraw, as the final five as alive and active on the fleet.

The raiders, while organic like the humanoid Cylons, are really just the arms, legs and eyes of the basestar hybrids. Basically what probably happened is the raider detected something odd and scanned Anders, or Anders accidentally sent a signal, and the raider in turn sent this signal to the hybrid of the basestar, which for once made a decision independently of the humanoid Cylons (or perhaps told the humanoid Cylons and they made a decision in record time); the decision being to withdraw, as the final five as alive and active on the fleet.

We'll just have to wait and see :p:devil:

• 2 weeks later...

It just went off here in the US east coast. Tonights episode was "The Ties That Bind". All I can say is Holy Frak. Mark this one down as must see.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell