The Battlestar Galactica Thread

Gorth

First page of previous thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=39652

Last page of previous thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...5&start=495

I don't know how much life there is in the series yet, but the thread was getting a bit long.

I've only got as far as buying the pilot thingy on DVD. I might treat myself to seasons 1&2 as a Christmas Present (i've been nice to myself all year) :o

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hmmm. I wonder who much it would cost to FedEx and envelope to AU or NZ. And have a package FedEx'ed back. Or if anyone down under is willing to play ball.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

How do you mean? I have the entire series + Razor and I live in Aus...

I was wondering if anyone down there will let me send them $70 AU and a FedEx label and have them buy it for me and ship is back here to the US. That is unless Amazon UK will ship to the US or I can get it on ebay.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

• 2 weeks later...

Wait... season 3 on DVD? I had forgotten there even was a season three!

So, maybe that is UK. Move along, nothing to see here.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Season 3 is not out in the US or UK or Europe and there is no idea when or if it ever will be. Fortunately there is such a thing a ebay. I shopped victoriously.

Thomas Sowell

I thought Razor was pretty good, although I had thought it was going to be more about Cain and the what happened to the Pegasus between the time they jumped out of the shipyards to the time they met the Galactica. I wasn't expecting as much present time story mixed with some flashbacks. I thought the flashbacks were more interesting than the present time story that played out.

My only real annoyance was that the thing Cain kept fondling wasn't a razor, it was a knife. :p

Petty, I know, but what can I say.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

They meet a whole feet of these obsolete Cylon raider ships and how do they handle this, Lee says 'there was a whole fleet of these, they jumped us'.

?

Budget special effects I guess. Same as in ressurection ship where we have an anticipated huge set piece battle, and all we get are like 3 seconds of action sequences.

I thought Razor was ok, except that the cutting back and forth managed to ruin much of the suspense of both stories.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

They meet a whole feet of these obsolete Cylon raider ships and how do they handle this, Lee says 'there was a whole fleet of these, they jumped us'.

?

Budget special effects I guess. Same as in ressurection ship where we have an anticipated huge set piece battle, and all we get are like 3 seconds of action sequences.

I thought Razor was ok, except that the cutting back and forth managed to ruin much of the suspense of both stories.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I would've prefered, also, an entire "movie" about the Pegasus and maybe a flash forward to present day, at the very end, to show what happens to this new *cough*cylon*cough*.

But it was pretty good. It would've made a great arc for season 3, which needed more action.

Edited by astr0creep

I dont watch the series, as i am living in asia and this series is not on air out here. So i just cant tell you my views about it.

I don't live in Asia and therefore I can't tell you my views about it and yet, I do not hesitate in posting about it even though it is irrelevant to the thread in question.

That being said, welcome to the forums. :)

• 3 weeks later...

So I just finished watching Season 3.

Holy cow...this is the first time I've ever watched an entire series in about 3 weeks time (thank you, DVD).

So, this Raptor thing...is it a continuation of the story or just flashbacks?

And, as I always do, after I finish watching something, I usually head over to IMDB for a little light reading on whatever I just watched. Well, to my surprise, NONE of the reviews are positive for this show. Why? I love it. I couldn't stop watching it. One episode would end, and I would have to start another. Is the original series really THAT much better?

Anyway, what of season 4? Is it halfway over as of this year? How can I watch the episodes that have already aired? I know the fate of the show is up in the air due to the writers strike, which sucks...I want to know what happens!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The writers said the writers strike has essentially destroyed BSG.

I guess there's always "hope"

Was there at least part/half of season 4?

Edit: And why? As far as I've read, all the actors would more than likely be willing to fill their roles (what else are they going to do?). And the writers...well, they can just finish writing the storyline later, amirite? AMIRITE?

Edited by Arkan

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

The writers said the writers strike has essentially destroyed BSG.

I guess there's always "hope"

Was there at least part/half of season 4?

Edit: And why? As far as I've read, all the actors would more than likely be willing to fill their roles (what else are they going to do?). And the writers...well, they can just finish writing the storyline later, amirite? AMIRITE?

Season 4 is the final season (thye've been denied renewal) and they'll have to do a finale at episode 11, ruining the plot they were going for.

Season 4 is the final season (thye've been denied renewal) and they'll have to do a finale at episode 11, ruining the plot they were going for.

:sad:

I finally got around to watch season 1, which I bought a week or so ago. I liked it. Now I have to go and buy season 2 >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Maybe it's because it's all so fresh in my memory, after having really just run through the entire series so quickly...but damnit, I REALLY want to see where this series is going and I REALLY REALLY don't want the show to just die in its current state. That, for reasons I don't understand, would actually make me angry. Why be angry? And who to be angry with? The writers for striking? Or the executives for not ponying up the pennies? Gah! I want more Battlestar Galactica!!!

Edit: I guess I'm being selfish...as I've only been waiting a few days. Some of you will have been waiting for what, a year?

Edited by Arkan