TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

DW, some of your posts were retarted enough in Codex to generate lulz for coming generations. Please do not continue it here

You say that like I care about your opinion - I don't.

Marcus - that file was stolen using identity theft and illegally placed on a torrent. The team is working to release a full version, but unfortunately the theft of the beta has slowed that down.

The file you downloaded was NEVER meant for the public, simply because it is a beta and as such is still full of bugs.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

The team is working to release a full version, but unfortunately the theft of the beta has slowed that down.

Nope. Beta testers are the only ones who act like children and still can't get over the leak. The team doesn't participate in the drama and simply keeps working.

20795.jpg

That's relevant...how?

Progress has slowed down because theft of beta --> beta team cut down --> less beta testers to find bugs --> slower progress.

By the look of things, the majority of bugs has been reported. Large beta team is simply not needed anymore.

20795.jpg

Again though, the whole point of beta testing is to find major bugs. If we can do run-through's without finding any major bugs, then the team would likely choose that point to release publiclly. Since that hasn't happened yet, and will be further away due to the loss of beta's, I don't think the release will be in the immediate (next month or so) future. I could be wrong of course.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

You peoples have my support. :)

After illegally downloading their work?

DW, some of your posts were retarted enough in Codex to generate lulz for coming generations. Please do not continue it here

Ain't that the truth. :p

Please cool it down, guys. This is not leading us anywhere positive. I'd hate to see this particular topic turn into a flamefest and have it locked by the mods. Besides, any generalizations against DW is strictly off topic and neither interesting nor constructive IMHO.

You peoples have my support. :)

After illegally downloading their work?

Marcus - that file was stolen using identity theft and illegally placed on a torrent. The team is working to release a full version, but unfortunately the theft of the beta has slowed that down.

The file you downloaded was NEVER meant for the public, simply because it is a beta and as such is still full of bugs.

Your first post may have been an inadvertent accusation. I can understand your frustration. I didn

Edited by Marcus

Your first post may have been an inadvertent accusation.

Not at all. The leak is quite well known in the community now, so I just felt it odd that you were saying you supported the team yet were using an illegal copy of their mod - nothing more, nothing less.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

arguing after the matter isn't going to change what happened. It is what it is. Damage done lets move on.

A wise man once said while fly fishing with mosquitoes all over him, " I decided one day that i wont let a little bug bother me again".

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Hey Darth Windu, did the Beta Testers sign a nondisclosure agreement or in any other way formally sign a contract that would prevent them from distributing the unfinished modification? If not, seeing as how the available beta was not stolen but was, instead, simply distributed by a tester, I cannot see how the file is, to quote you, "illegal."

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I don't think it is illegal but surtainly unethical and maybe immoral. And because it is a mod and not a new ip i think NDA's are void. Lucasarts own the trademark so a group of people (however generous they are) have no right to a NDA. My $.02

It's because Jason Little used identity theft - impersonating one of the less active testers - in order to get another beta to give him the codes to access the download. What the beta tester did was incredibly stupid, but not illegal. What Mr Little did though is most definately illegal.

That's my understanding of the situation anyway.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

As this is Obsidian's forum and Obsidian's responsibility, I think it would be better if people didn't start accusing each other of illegal behaviour here. I'd also prefer to keep this thread for discussion of the TSLRP itself and progress towards it, not the beta-theft incident. Okay? :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What Mr Little did though is most definately illegal.
You'd be hard pressed to convince anyone that there's legal liability for anyone here - identity theft is relevant when there's a fraud, which isn't the case here.

Reprehensible, probably. Illegal, not quite. But it's a fun little word to throw around, isn't it?

And by helping keep the drama alive, you are most definitely not helping. So come off it, will ya? :)

As this is Obsidian's forum and Obsidian's responsibility, I think it would be better if people didn't start accusing each other of illegal behaviour here. I'd also prefer to keep this thread for discussion of the TSLRP itself and progress towards it, not the beta-theft incident. Okay? :)

Understandable. :)

Progress is moving: 1.0b10 @ 8 Bugs :thumbsup:

I can only plead ignorance.

Edited by Marcus