TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

I actually find the whole reaction to the leak amusing. It's almost like a battle in some ancient war where I get to put down a blanket on an adjacent hilltop pull out a sandwich and watch the carnage unfold :lol:

I suspect there will be many complaints about 1.0b9 :lol: Not the least of which will be "why can't I update to the next version?" We actually explicitly tell the build scripts to build the updates from each version to another; updates from 1.0b9 to anything literally won't exist. :yes:

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

And while the others patiently wait (don't ask me why) we get to play the restored content. Sure; it isn't 100% bugproof... but; hey; was TSL ever?

It works fine enough, and I was able to find workarounds for each major bug I faced so far, so still having alot of fun. A good 40 hours up ahead once again!

And I will keep playing this little beta until the full version is released because, guess what, playing it now doesn't make you unable to download and install the "full" version later. :yes:

I suppose some people come forth with a reason like "playing it unfinished will ruin it for me"... guess what, did you play through TSL already? Maybe you noticed it was being unfinished. Still; you are planning another playthrough with TSLRP (why are you reading this thread else?), why not plan 2? 80 hours instead of 40... sounds like a good deal to me...

FYI: I am keeping a little list of "notworthy" bugs incase TG is ever interested, but seeing the response, probably unlikely. Oh well.

[/not complaining at all post]

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

And while the others patiently wait (don't ask me why) we get to play the restored content. Sure; it isn't 100% bugproof... but; hey; was TSL ever?

It works fine enough, and I was able to find workarounds for each major bug I faced so far, so still having alot of fun. A good 40 hours up ahead once again!

And I will keep playing this little beta until the full version is released because, guess what, playing it now doesn't make you unable to download and install the "full" version later. :o

I suppose some people come forth with a reason like "playing it unfinished will ruin it for me"... guess what, did you play through TSL already? Maybe you noticed it was being unfinished. Still; you are planning another playthrough with TSLRP (why are you reading this thread else?), why not plan 2? 80 hours instead of 40... sounds like a good deal to me...

FYI: I am keeping a little list of "notworthy" bugs incase TG is ever interested, but seeing the response, probably unlikely. Oh well.

[/not complaining at all post]

Although I am tired of waiting for TSLRP, just as everyone else are after 3.5 years (and I think TG understands this), I will wait for the 1.0c release. Why? Because I'm far more tired of playing an unfinished and heavily-bugged game vanilla TSL is. I want to finally play as bug-free and complete version of TSL as possible. 1.0b8 won't give me that. That's why I'm waiting for the 1.0c.

Edited by Sharen the Exile

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

You can certainly expect that :D

*ran into a bug apparently fixed in 1.0b4* :rolleyes:

I seem to remember saying something to the tune of 'some bug fixes cause more bugs'...

IS there a link to the beta... I'd like to find it maybe I can give a report about it...

I'm not sure who you'll be reporting for, but I can assure that the team will not accept bug reports from non-beta-testers, and any problems that you have are your own - you will get no support from TG.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

True true. But then it is the "official" beta testers task to reopen the issue, wouldn't it be? If the issue has indeed surfaced once more...

@ Bass-GameMaster: Check the Torrents...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Well we'll only re-open an issue if WE come across it. Not to say that I doubt the veracity of what you're saying, simply that we have no information on the specifics of the bug, what you were doing before you came across the bug, if you did a clean install of TSLRP, if you have any mods installed etc. Actually quite a few bugs that were found by us Beta's were caused by the use of other mods at the same time as TSLRP - well, until Dash politely told those using other mods to stop. :)

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Well we'll only re-open an issue if WE come across it. Not to say that I doubt the veracity of what you're saying, simply that we have no information on the specifics of the bug, what you were doing before you came across the bug, if you did a clean install of TSLRP, if you have any mods installed etc. Actually quite a few bugs that were found by us Beta's were caused by the use of other mods at the same time as TSLRP - well, until Dash politely told those using other mods to stop.

http://mantis.team-gizka.org/view.php?id=938

Happens if you have the third non-fixed party member trigger the cutscene (in my case T3. Not really tried with others, but seeing on the quick glimpses before loading only 2 partymembers remained I think it can be taken as fact. Atleast it is the case if T3 is third :))

Clean install of TSLRP (had to after 'updating'), no other mods.

And this is just one of the nearly 2 dozen now (second planet)...

I have a savegame if you want to try. (ofcourse 1.0b8)

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could be a side-effect of doing the "I decide to take the stupid one etc." fight twice, picking T3 both times... hmm...

EDIT2: Ignore the last Edit. Loaded a save from before doing the begin fight twice and it still happens (also when pressing escape only Bao and Atton appear as in the team). It is noteworthy there were three times as little Dauros (and no survivors) when not doing the begin fight twice using this save, compared to the twice battle save...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

Can't say I've ever run into that one, certainly an odd one. Still I'll keep my eyes peeled - as I do for all bugs - and will certainly update that issue if I come across it.

I'd guess that the reason why the fix didn't work is because whoever reported the bug (doesn't help when there's no name attached) didn't include a save game for TG to work with.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Except that the team is continuing, except that the team has made sure this leaked beta will NEVER be uploaded onto a legitimate site. Not exactly a master stroke wouldn't you agree?

That remains to be seen, as far as I'm concerned. The fact that you can find it with MINIMUM effort through Google means that even if it is 'non-legal' to acquire, it only 'adds' to the infamous nature of it. The secret ingredient is crime, like Superhans once said about stolen chocolate.

Firstly, I'm not part of TG nor have I ever been, I'm simply a beta tester. As for why this won't be converted into an open beta I'm a bit tired of trying to explain it at the TG forums, but basically there's problems with

- people not bothering to check if a bug has already been reported

- people not bothering to check if a bug has already been fixed

- people reporting fake bugs

Regarding community-made fixes for bugs in the beta

- TG has their own style of modding. Each modder has his or her own style. They know what they've done and how they've done it. The community does not

- Bug 'fixes' cause more bugs

- clashes between 'fixes' made by different people

and so on and so forth. Essentially it simply becomes far too much of a hassle, hence the best way to proceed is as before. Unfortunately however this leak will SLOW progress, because the beta team needed to be trimmed.

If you are not part of TG and 'simply a beta tester' then your opinion on why this is not a public beta is as valid as any other person's opinion on the subject, so you needen't explain or apologise for something that you have no control over. I don't recall stating that this should be an open beta, but merely that they should try to make the best of the leak, be it using the fuss that it has generated, or even get users to submit their opinions on aspects of the game that TG is working on.

Example: I believe (though feel free to correct me) that the lines of the Jedi padawan/thief on Dantooine were 're-recorded' from scratch, based upon found dialogs, right? I'm going to assume that TG was only using them as a blueprint for the final version of their patch, since the recording quality and vo actress are horrible, but that seems like something the community (which you seem eager to belittle) could have some input in, whether it's someone with a nicer voice or professional experience at audio editing. You'd be surprised how many people could actually help out with their skills, beyond coding and modding.

If people in the TG beta-testing team are reporting fake bugs, surely TG would want to straigthen out what constitutes a bug and how to report them correctly. It seems pretty darn obvious to me that you should use a clean installation of the game, use no mods or 3rd party fixes etc. If they can't do that, by all means get rid of them and get someone else in who can figure all that stuff out like a rational adult and not waste your precious time.

I check the bugs page ever other day or so, so I'd like to think that I am up-to-date on the progress of the patch that TG feels that everyone should be privy to. They last put up a progress overview 8 months ago (October 2007) and have totally slacked in that respect (14 in the first 2 years of development, only 4 last year, none this year), so excuse me if it seems to me that this project seems to be grinding down to a halt. 'Firing' a great number of beta-testers doesn't seem like that encouraging a move. Of course, they very well could be 2 hours away from completion, but hiding that from everyone isn't doing them any favours.

Anyway, good luck to TG and hopefully they will release it up to their standards soon.

If people in the TG beta-testing team are reporting fake bugs, surely TG would want to straigthen out what constitutes a bug and how to report them correctly.

I never said that, I said a potential problem of converting it into an open beta would be people reporting fake bugs, simply for the sake of being malicious.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

If people in the TG beta-testing team are reporting fake bugs, surely TG would want to straigthen out what constitutes a bug and how to report them correctly.

I never said that, I said a potential problem of converting it into an open beta would be people reporting fake bugs, simply for the sake of being malicious.

Damn, I can't believe that those open-source projects somehow get finished with all the pranksters around. :down: No offence, but people have better things to do with their time than wasting it on sabotaging some mod. That is, people who actually have enough brain cells to figure out how to submit a bug.

20795.jpg

If the team had gone that route in the first place, sure. Personally though I don't trust anyone who downloads the stolen copy, plus TG has had their share of morons pulling stunts that slow down the progress of the mod.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Personally though I don't trust anyone who downloads the stolen copy

Why? It's not like only deeply corrupt people who have no sense of decency whatsoever downloaded it.

In other news, they are down to 9 bugs. Never underestimate the power of a well-placed shock pic.

20795.jpg

...and they're up to build 1.b10.

I still predict a late fall release.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You never know, though.

I'd go with 2d3, 3d6, 1/2d7, 1d10, 14d12, 8d20, 13 quarters, and a groundhog.

I'm not sure if you'll need all that, but if you figured out a system from it, it would be the greatest in the world.

I ended up downloading and installing the leaked beta. I just happened to come across the file on torrent. I was looking for a copy of the game patch. Thus, I didn't know that it was a leaked work in progress. In the readme file was an online address, so I followed the group's site links to here. Such as it may be, I like what has been reconstituted. I will end up playing this through to the end. Hopefully we will get a finished product. Anything that adds to the game can't go wrong. You peoples have my support. :biggrin:

Edited by Marcus

You peoples have my support. :)

After illegally downloading their work?

I'm lost. I didn't know it was a leaked mod. I typed TSL into my torrent application. TSLRP.exe came up without any discription. I downloaded the file. Only after I had it installed I noticed the readme. By that time I had already played the game. My friend gave me TSL a week ago. I was just curious about patches and modifications. The file was just there. What would you have done? :yucky:

Who are these people working for? How is dowloading this file illegal?

Edited by Marcus

You peoples have my support. :yucky:

After illegally downloading their work?

DW, some of your posts were retarted enough in Codex to generate lulz for coming generations. Please do not continue it here

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

plus TG has had their share of morons pulling stunts that slow down the progress of the mod.

such as?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)