TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Really the leak has nothing to do with it (though I also recognize that some people won't believe me no matter what I say about that :)). We just have time of late.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Really the leak has nothing to do with it (though I also recognize that some people won't believe me no matter what I say about that :) ). We just have time of late.

Well, whatever the reason, we're glad you're making progress. :)

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Really the leak has nothing to do with it (though I also recognize that some people won't believe me no matter what I say about that :rolleyes:). We just have time of late.

suuuuuuure :p

Well, as always, my full support. Technically I can wait for this as otherwise I would've downloaded the leak

But really, wouldn't it be better to make one huge crunch period and get done with it? Esp. now that all content is restored.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Who said all content was restored? (Watch it be me :rolleyes: )

I would agree that a crunch period would be great but our available time is dictated by real life.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

yeah, I was stunned after hearing about months of inactivity

Oh well, things are rolling on again :rolleyes:

Yeah about that, it remind me of my yard. I need to landscape it. On some date in the future it will get done. My wife keeps asking. So if TG releases something, I will go buy lottery tickets right away will consider it a lucky day. :p The problem with not setting dates even internally is no progress ever gets made and it will just linger a death that will drag out forever.

Goals are made by setting a date and sometimes unrealistic dates produces results people are deadline driven. Or when I use to give students work assignments and gave no due date. So am I surprised no progress is made, nope. From what I can gather it is mostly college students that are working the project and attempt it during there spare time. So at the end it is really a best effort.

Considering how long this project has dragged out, the likelyhood of success is very small.

-Tordo

Edited by darththutch

Honestly people can believe whatever they want to - I've even heard that TG deliberately 'leaked' the beta so as to avoid having to complete the rest of the mod. *shrugs* what can you do?

Anyway I think it was said before that all content had been put in (I believe it was part of the build system), BUT thats a lot more abmiguous than people thing. Okay all content is in - but does it work? Is it supported by everything else (ie interactions, journal entries, containers etc) that have to be added as a seperate issue?

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

I've even heard that TG deliberately 'leaked' the beta so as to avoid having to complete the rest of the mod.

Well that's awkward given I'm still working on the mod =]

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Honestly people can believe whatever they want to - I've even heard that TG deliberately 'leaked' the beta so as to avoid having to complete the rest of the mod. *shrugs* what can you do?

Anyway I think it was said before that all content had been put in (I believe it was part of the build system), BUT thats a lot more abmiguous than people thing. Okay all content is in - but does it work? Is it supported by everything else (ie interactions, journal entries, containers etc) that have to be added as a seperate issue?

It makes sense. Pre-emptive striking. You leak it out, blame someone else, throw a hissy fit and vow to never release anything and everyone is happy for they have a scape-goat to show up to with digital pitchforks and torches, plus they have a beta that they will gladly download. It's not like anyone outside of your team could confirm any of this (or other theories) anyway, right?

I don't care about that though, but you guys should make some sort of assement or detailed report on what is done and what needs to be done and maybe you could something good come from the leak. The whole secretive thing is growing very tiring.

It sounds like TG owing anybody anything is still a popular misconception though.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It makes sense. Pre-emptive striking. You leak it out, blame someone else, throw a hissy fit and vow to never release anything and everyone is happy for they have a scape-goat to show up to with digital pitchforks and torches, plus they have a beta that they will gladly download. It's not like anyone outside of your team could confirm any of this (or other theories) anyway, right?

I don't care about that though, but you guys should make some sort of assement or detailed report on what is done and what needs to be done and maybe you could something good come from the leak. The whole secretive thing is growing very tiring.

Oh, knock it off. Since Dashus has already said he is still working on the mod, the conspiracy theory has a big, gaping hole in it.

Besides, it's not as if Team Gizka need excuses if they don't want to finish. They do this work on a voluntary basis and receive no money or other form of payment for it. Hence if they want to pull the plug, they can simply do so. Even if people are miffed about it, it's not as if it's difficult thinking up new screennames. So let this theory lie - it's dead, Jim!

Well... In case no one noticed we're up to 19 again.

Kinda surprising that 'striking' Team Gizka would have updated the tracker isn't it? :lol:

Anyway, just take it as another example of the conspiracy theory being proven false.

I've even heard that TG deliberately 'leaked' the beta so as to avoid having to complete the rest of the mod. *shrugs* what can you do?

If they have done that it wouldn't made much sense for them to make a FU 1.0B9 "patch"...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

It makes sense. Pre-emptive striking. You leak it out, blame someone else, throw a hissy fit and vow to never release anything and everyone is happy for they have a scape-goat to show up to with digital pitchforks and torches, plus they have a beta that they will gladly download.

Except that the team is continuing, except that the team has made sure this leaked beta will NEVER be uploaded onto a legitimate site. Not exactly a master stroke wouldn't you agree?

Firstly, I'm not part of TG nor have I ever been, I'm simply a beta tester. As for why this won't be converted into an open beta I'm a bit tired of trying to explain it at the TG forums, but basically there's problems with

- people not bothering to check if a bug has already been reported

- people not bothering to check if a bug has already been fixed

- people reporting fake bugs

Regarding community-made fixes for bugs in the beta

- TG has their own style of modding. Each modder has his or her own style. They know what they've done and how they've done it. The community does not

- Bug 'fixes' cause more bugs

- clashes between 'fixes' made by different people

and so on and so forth. Essentially it simply becomes far too much of a hassle, hence the best way to proceed is as before. Unfortunately however this leak will SLOW progress, because the beta team needed to be trimmed.

If they have done that it wouldn't made much sense for them to make a FU 1.0B9 "patch"...

FU? Also what patch? TG has never made a patch for TSLRP.

Edited by Darth_Windu

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

I was talking about the "patch" that the updater downloads for leaked versions, crudely breaking TSL.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

I was talking about the "patch" that the updater downloads for leaked versions, crudely breaking TSL.

How ironic that people download a beta version of an unreleased project and then whine about it when it breaks. That's why it's called a beta, people. And now you know why it hasn't been released yet.

Actually the beta is pretty stable. All the bugs I have encountered so far have been unfixed TSL issues. The new content is added in pretty well.

The breaking ONLY happens with TG's little "patch". I think it is somewhat odd those guys don't release their content because they really don't want anyone play an inferior fix, than out of their own stuff in crashing bugs, that unaware DL'ers just thinking they get the real update 9 will GO and accuse Gizka of.

Ever read what those Titan Quests devs wrote up. About how their downfall was the bad attention from the crowd because the leak version kept crashing?

Meh...

^

Hassat, it's a BETA. Do you even bother reading mantis? I've come across plenty of game-stopping bugs whilst testing well before 1.09b. As Wild noted, you can't download an unfinished beta and then whinge that it has problems, that's WHY it's a beta.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

I read the TSLRP forums, I read Mantis, I read your post.

Could you read mine? Thnx. :shifty:

^

Well, seeing as how the bug count fluctuates like crazy, I refuse to get excited until it is actually released. 2 or 3 bugs left will get my attention, but I will not show emotion until I see an official release. I will not be surprised in the lest to see it jump back into the 20's.

Not to rant on Team Gizka. It's fantastic they're doing this. I'm just pointing out something we've seen too many times.

You can certainly expect that :D

*ran into a bug apparently fixed in 1.0b4* :p

^

How ironic that people download a beta version of an unreleased project and then whine about it when it breaks. That's why it's called a beta, people. And now you know why it hasn't been released yet.

Not really ironic, but kind of funny.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan