TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Heck I haven't even played the game yet beyond the first planet because I've been waiting for the project to finish. :)

WHAT!?! How do you even know that the game NEEDS a restoration then? Because other people say so? I think you're silly. :o I LOVE the game with or without the RP. :sorcerer:

But I am excited to try it. To each his own, I guess...

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

do beta testers get anything special in game after the release like realy cool multi-colored robes, or something?

haha I wish o:). Nah we just get the honour of being able to play through the content way before you guys :bat:

Mind you, the big difference there is that you all will get a (hopefully) bug-free playthrough all the time, whereas we have to play to find bugs, not to enjoy the new content. I'm happy with the compromise though o:)

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

do beta testers get anything special in game after the release like realy cool multi-colored robes, or something?

haha I wish :). Nah we just get the honour of being able to play through the content way before you guys :p

Mind you, the big difference there is that you all will get a (hopefully) bug-free playthrough all the time, whereas we have to play to find bugs, not to enjoy the new content. I'm happy with the compromise though :)

So, has all been restored already? :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

This sounds cool, I saw the trailer and all. But if LA didn't rush Obsidian in the first place, we wouldnt be sitting here begging for The Restoration Project. But sipping coffee reading any news on kotor 3 :p

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

I wish they would separate the original content bug fixes from the restored content material and release the bug fixes sooner rather than waiting for the entire project to be ready for release.

There were a few fixes they had uploaded (and have since taken down, but you could possibly still find them), but I doubt that it's feasible or worth 'separating' the fixes from the restoration work to make separate releases. A lot of the bugs found and fixed relate to the way the restored material is intergrated into the game, so it seems like a waste of time, considering how close to completion this appears to be, to 'isolate' the fixes and remove all 'extra' content.

I wish they would separate the original content bug fixes from the restored content material and release the bug fixes sooner rather than waiting for the entire project to be ready for release.

If we had chosen from the start to do so it would have to have been a two stage development: fix existing bugs and restore content (+ fix bugs we created).

We did actually briefly consider that possibility but decided we might as well just do it all in one go because it was less of a headache.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

haha I wish :(. Nah we just get the honour of being able to play through the content way before you guys :thumbsup:

Mind you, the big difference there is that you all will get a (hopefully) bug-free playthrough all the time, whereas we have to play to find bugs, not to enjoy the new content. I'm happy with the compromise though :unsure:

Which is why being a video game tester is never the dream job you thought it was when you were a little kid.

But seriously, not even a line in the re-done postgame credit sequence?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Heck I haven't even played the game yet beyond the first planet because I've been waiting for the project to finish. :p

WHAT!?! How do you even know that the game NEEDS a restoration then? Because other people say so? I think you're silly. ;) I LOVE the game with or without the RP. :*

But I am excited to try it. To each his own, I guess...

I was playing the game, got annoyed with the seemingly random way that influence was being dished out and started looking for stuff on the net about just what kind of things actually do cause influence. Eventually I stumbled across a site about the removed content, was stunned at how much I would be missing out on without it but was going to play it anyways. Until I found out about Team Gizka that is. ;) Now I get to look forward to playing missions on the Droid Planet as well due to the work of DStoney. So needless to say I'm excited at the prospect of playing such a good game in its entirety. :lol:

Thing is... I tend to play games in spurts. There are the very few games that strike me just right that I can play anytime and never get tired of them. I'll usually play one game for a good amount of time, sometimes beating it if it hits me just right or lay it aside for a few years before picking it up and playing through it with a vengeance. Since I liked KOTOR 2 so much I set it aside so I wouldn't be in the middle setting it aside when the mod comes out and there would be a chance of me forgetting about it or not feel like playing it anymore.

And yes. I am a complex individual. :p .

Edited by FoxURA

After going through Mantis I see most of the bugs are cutscenes related.

This is not surprising, kotor engine reportedly was horrendous with making cutscenes. Obsidian struggled constantly with making cutscenes work while game was under development.

Kotor engine as it was just didn't suite cutscenes too well

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Yeah there have been quite a few. The one I just updated is in that category - basically if you go dark side and give the ithorian droid to Czerka, there's a good chance the mainframe door will close before the droid can get in there. Not sure how easy or hard it is to fix, but I'm sure the team will get to it pretty soon.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

18 :lol:

I am really, really, really looking forward to try this one now! :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

yeah, I was stunned after hearing about months of inactivity

Oh well, things are rolling on again :)