TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Well I could just buy a danm new one there only 20-30 bucks... thing is Ive bought 2 for xbox (one was glitchy) and 2 for computer because my previous cd was scratched. So in terms for everyone to understand this will be my 5th purchase.

Oh dear. That's really bad luck. Send a photograph of each of your copies to Lucasarts, you will hopefully recieve a positive answer.

I still bet on November 20th.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

why cant he download the first disc?

He already has bought the game....he can have a copy of it if he wants, its legal to do so, as long as its

for personal use.

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I don't believe it's ever legal to download pirated software. If you have a damaged CD, contact either the retailer or the publisher. One or the other will probably replace it for free.

And this is the Restoration Project thread, by the way. :sorcerer:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I don't believe it's ever legal to download pirated software.

We are not talking about the entire first disk, only an exe. that has been modified so you no longer require the disc to play. Also, I believe it is legal to download a pirated copy of a game if you have bought a legitimate copy, as it is the equivalent of your "back-up copy." :sorcerer:

EDIT: Yeah, you might want to spit these messages into another topic.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I think you have to send off some cash for any CDs, unless it's replacing a defective one within warranty, I believe. That's assuming that Lucas will get back to you, or have discs laying around and still support the game to do so though. Otherwise, I'd recommend you have a look on ebay or a game-store. You should be able to pick it up pretty cheap since it's pretty old. I got my new copy of the game for

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

I don't believe it's ever legal to download pirated software.

We are not talking about the entire first disk, only an exe. that has been modified so you no longer require the disc to play. Also, I believe it is legal to download a pirated copy of a game if you have bought a legitimate copy, as it is the equivalent of your "back-up copy." :shifty:

EDIT: Yeah, you might want to spit these messages into another topic.

Yeah, downloading if you own the original product is not a crime, however uploading is.

And if I remember correctly downloading some things is legal if you remove it after 24 hours or some such. Don't quite remember how that worked though, but I remember that's how many people won RIAA and MPAA lawsuits.

To be quite honest, I'm starting to care less and less about TSLRP. I really am.

/continue

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

To be quite honest, I'm starting to care less and less about TSLRP. I really am.

/continue

...And only to come back like flies around sh*t when it is released ;)

Just focus your mind on something else for the time being.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, that's what I've been doing for last year or so

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Just to let everyone here know as well, I received a Private Message on the Team Gizka forums, asking me to give a copy of the TSLRP beta to a 'group of concerned TSL fans' because they're supposedly worried that the project will never be completed and released.

To be perfectly clear on this issue - I will not, ever, give ANYONE a copy of the TSLRP beta unless specifically asked to be Team Gizka. Therefore, do not ask me or anyone else associated with the project. Personally I find it offensive that this 'group' thought I would betray the truth TG has placed in myself and the other testers.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

I don't know if that's appropriate to do Windu, or at least the rational behind it. Team Gizka hasn't caved in to the pressure to rush this project so far, for reasons made perfectly clear, so why give in now? It comes off a bit as favouritism. I'm sure there are loads of people interested and concerned about TSL who aren't perstering you for updates, demos or betas on a regular basis. Why cut them off and 'reward' the others? Everyone (excluding people who've actually assisted in its development) should have to wait the same time and I'd rather wait until it's actually completed, playable and as bug-free as possible.

If people are that impatient, that should be their problem and not affect you as a team. It's not like they are financial backers or anything to have an invested interest in the outcome of your hard work. They should chill out, go out-side or at the very least stop playing and obsessing about TSL so much for a while.

Edited by refuse

Just to let everyone here know as well, I received a Private Message on the Team Gizka forums, asking me to give a copy of the TSLRP beta to a 'group of concerned TSL fans' because they're supposedly worried that the project will never be completed and released.

To be perfectly clear on this issue - I will not, ever, give ANYONE a copy of the TSLRP beta unless specifically asked to be Team Gizka. Therefore, do not ask me or anyone else associated with the project. Personally I find it offensive that this 'group' thought I would betray the truth TG has placed in myself and the other testers.

ROFLMAO

They should have at least tried the "gaming magazine" route.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Haha, that was weak. Maybe it can be traced back to the 'Codex, who did just for the lulz.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The whole Beta Team got one, as far as I know. I got one, but I, personally, am not that offended by it. You can expect such things. But let me just make clear that I, too, won't give the beta to anyone unless Team Gizka specifically asks to.

Edited by Lord Miltiades

ROFLMAO

They should have at least tried the "gaming magazine" route.

Or LucasArts lawyer one :biggrin: Zero invention really.

I've been following this project since the very beggining and after all these years I learned to be patient. I'll be happy whenever it's released :shifty:

M4-78 Enhancement Project :: www.m4-78ep.deadlystream.com

banneranimatedlucasforu.gif

Discuss the M4-78EP, Sleheyron Restoration Project, KotOR: Revenge of Revan and more! Join Deadly Stream Forums today!

Haha, that was weak. Maybe it can be traced back to the 'Codex, who did just for the lulz.

Heh, it turns out the guilty guy did post about this at 'Codex-forum, trying to get some sympathy, but to no avail :)

Scroll down to the buttom of the page.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Yay, I'm famous! haha :blink:

How many forums are there dedicated to the TSLRP anyway??

Well anyway good news, I finished my last exam for the semester yesterday so I can now get stuck into some serious testing, and hopefully find any more bugs that haven't been picked up yet.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester