TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

is that true that TSLRP team is going to make the M4-78 mod works with their own?

that'd be kind of cool :)

Not exactly. I don't think Team Gizka (who are doing TSLRP) has said one way or the other. Team Exile, who was working on the next mod that would include, among other things, M4-78 was dedicated to make their mod compatible with TSLRP, but alas Team Exile, like Team Bantha before it, is no more. Seems M4-78 has a bad effect on those trying to restore it...

That said, I'm fairly certain somebody Dstoney or someone else will make his M4-78 mod compatible with TSLRP if it turns out that it isn't already. We want our full TSL experience, after all! :)

Good call mkg. I don't think that this project has anything to do with Obsidian, it's the gizka team itself who've called it as such. I would agree with them using the 'restoration' tag because, from what I've seen and read about it, they are 'restoring' elements of the game that are repairable with minimal amount of personal intervention in plot or whatever, as well as repairing a great deal of bugs that plague the game. There are quite a few things that they aren't dealing with (such as the droid planet itself) because they don't have enough to work with, in terms of salvageable data or (in some cases) the technical know-how to accomplish everything. This by no means is to suggest that other content mods aren't or can't be good (the Brotherhood of Shadows and Yavin mods spring to mind).

In more TSLRP-related news, it seems the next build is 1.0b6, so it's going to be a while longer until 1.0c

Edited by refuse

A bit late, but I've just moved that M4-78 discussion to a new thread. Feel free to engage in M4-78 banter in that thread.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1.0b6 27-23

r u ready to "c"? :teehee:

Sure, but that could still be a while off. Didn't 8bXX go into the 20s or something like that? Since the betatesters are really looking for bugs now and the project is facing public release rather than "merely" the next step in development, it could be even more - if I were Team Gizka, I'd want to be sure everything works, before I'd release the project considering all the attention it has received.

1.0b6 27-23

r u ready to "c"? :sweat:

Sure, but that could still be a while off. Didn't 8bXX go into the 20s or something like that? Since the betatesters are really looking for bugs now and the project is facing public release rather than "merely" the next step in development, it could be even more - if I were Team Gizka, I'd want to be sure everything works, before I'd release the project considering all the attention it has received.

EA doesn't share that philosophy, and it made them millions ;)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I expect it to go through 3-4 iterations yet. If 1.0c1 will be released before fall, then color me suprised.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1.0b6 27-23

r u ready to "c"? ;)

EA doesn't share that philosophy, and it made them millions :ermm:

I suppose the obvious observation is that other game companies don't either, or else we wouldn't have TSLRP and Team Gizka in the first place - oops, I'm still typing! :sweat:

Down to 24 issues.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Up to 27 now.

Should I install the droid factory mod or should I wait until Team Gizka publish their mod?

Decisions, decisions...

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

I am pretty sure that's a typo and it was intended to read the Droid "PLANET" mod (Dstoney's).

Or I am mistaking...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

yes i was talking about Dstoney's mod....

So when the restoration project will be completed will there be a droid factory?

And if you add the droid planet mod?

Aren't these supposed to be the same thing? o:)

And by the light of the moon

He prays for their beauty not doom

No, completely different.

The Droid Factory involves a HK-47 side-quest when the Exile returns to Telos, and determines what happens at the end of the game.

The Droid Planet (M4-78) is a droid planet...obviously...that was originally cut from the game, which some of the content included in the 'Gotos Yacht' part of Nar Shadaa.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

yes i was talking about Dstoney's mod....

So when the restoration project will be completed will there be a droid factory?

And if you add the droid planet mod?

Aren't these supposed to be the same thing? :unsure:

As stated by Darth Windu, no, they aren't the same.

The HK droid factory is on Telos. Ever noticed that lone HK-50 unit in the military base, where you find the shuttle that will take you to Atris? You can fix it, but not talk to it, and it explodes without explanation about five seconds later. Right behind it is a door to a sublevel that you cannot open. That's the entrance to the droid factory, but it is for HK units only, and since you don't have HK-47 in the group yet at that point in the game, you can't enter. It was supposed to be a solo-mission for HK-47 later in the game while the Exile and co. are taking down Nihilus and his forces. When TSLRP is done, it will be.

The droid planet, M4-78, is totally different. Not a lot of work was done for it, and much of what was got moved to other parts of the game. As I understand it, Team Gizka decided to restore only what they could discern Obsidian intended to be in the game, and since M4-78 was very unfinished, they decided not to "restore" it, as that would mean filling the blanks that Obsidian never finished planning themselves.

Not to worry, though. Dstoney has said he is dedicated to make his M4-78 mod compatible with TSLRP if there are any conflict issues, so you should get to play them both eventually.

I was actually very surprised of how little stuff I didn't know Scorchy's LP contained. The fact that so many people went "Wow! I never noticed that!" even when he was talking about bits of the story that hadn't been cut and simply required a bit of thinking to figure out shows that most gamers are unattentive and don't bother to memorize what NPCs tell them. This makes me a sad panda. :lol:

20795.jpg

[quote name='H

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Also the influence system wouldn't have helped most new players.

I know for sure on my first playthrough I didn't hear all of Kreia's conversation.

And most people just don't bother with certain people's backstory (Think G0-T0)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Most players don't replay games (I've only recently started a second run-through, which I'll probably abandon and start over when the Restoration Project is released), so content that is missed on the first try tends not to get noticed at all. Plus, the game is almost 3 years old. I had forgotten piles of stuff in the game by the time I read Scorchy's LP.