TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Well, if there are 32 bugs, that means that the testers are going through the mod and looking for any possible issues - something that is more good than it is bad.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Even if beta-testing takes long, we should be gratefull that the Team wants to deliver a (almost) faultless product. Screaming at a desktop ain't something for a pleasure trip.

Playing buggy games blows. I've been playing Bioshock lately and the mouse bug is horrible. Renders the in game puzzle hacking useless. Kills the atmosphere when a bug is noticed over and over again.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I'm also sort of fearful of the hype that's been building over the development of this thing. It seems a lot of people are basically expecting this to turn KOTOR2 into basically a new and totally amazing game which will forever change the way we see gaming.

To be perfectly honest, TSLRP is a fantastic mod, but in the end is doesn't change the outcome of the game or any of the essential storyline. However it does make the game a LOT more fun and it does feel like a more complete product, and certainly makes your party members far, far more important than in the original KotOR or the vanilla TSL.

it's up to 32 now.

Just keep in mind that the vast majority of those are just simple text issues where the text and voice-over doesn't match up. Quite a few also have nothing to do with TSLRP but with the vanilla game.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

Good to hear. And good to hear from you, Darth Mortis. Haven't seen you around in a while. :wowey:

I'm still around on occasion, but screwy net acess isn't helping matters.

Have I missed anything? Apart from the 28 bug count for the mod? Which I seem to recall was the same number as when I first came here lol

Well basically the bug I found - the one that stops the game at Nar Shaddaa - I should have classified as a 'block' instead of a 'major'. Basically it just means that it blocks progress, it ends the game.

*does the infamous Spock 'Live long and Prosperous' sign*

hey. I just noticed that as I was going through the Mantis, and then I read your post :brows:

JD is going through those text issues like I go through a pizza o:):p

There seem to be bugs and issues that only happen to one person, and no one else can reproduce the effect. (example), what do you think of those issues? Some think of them as Nuisences. How do you view them?

geass-1.jpg

Part of Rise of the Sith TSL Mod

Well a lot of it I think is just the game being tempremental - for example a group of HK-50's at one point didn't attack me and just stood around doing nothing, yet when I saved and re-loaded they did trigger and attack. I've had quite a few of those sorts of instances, and it's just the game being odd I think.

TSLRP Closed Beta Tester

I know that some other major mods, albeit for other games, that edited maps had to have people enter a area and then re-enter it for the animations to properly work - I wonder if that is what is going on here.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

^Because Kenshin is too cool for Golf-balls :p

Looking at the mantis bugtracker, i one will quickly notice that there are several bugs in the process, about 80 so far, that has been closed due to no one else being able to reproduce them. So it isn't just the game that was bugridden and unpolished, they also have to tackle an unpredictable engine. Great job so far though, considering the comments from the beta-testers.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

^Because Kenshin is too cool for Golf-balls :)

Looking at the mantis bugtracker, i one will quickly notice that there are several bugs in the process, about 80 so far, that has been closed due to no one else being able to reproduce them. So it isn't just the game that was bugridden and unpolished, they also have to tackle an unpredictable engine. Great job so far though, considering the comments from the beta-testers.

The new testers are naturally excited by the prospect of playing TSLRP so it seems that a lot of them are playing for hours on end. The game's engine really dislikes this. It will refuse to acknowledge that triggers have gone off, or it will decide that it doesn't want to run a heart beat script, or that it doesn't like what you've told it to do and so makes a character run to a non-existent waypoint rather than starting a dialogue, it will crash because you click on a creature with no dialogue file set, and I have known it to skip through lines of dialogue and go straight to the player's response, leaving you wondering what was just said (hint: take the "I'll be going now" option). So it's likely that most, if not all, of the game/quest-stopping bugs people have run into are actually a result of over-playing rather than an issue with the mod itself.

This is why testers are told to reproduce their bugs before reporting them.

Edited by Pavlos
StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

^Because Kenshin is too cool for Golf-balls :p

The new testers are naturally excited by the prospect of playing TSLRP so it seems that a lot of them are playing for hours on end. The game's engine really dislikes this. It will refuse to acknowledge that triggers have gone off, or it will decide that it doesn't want to run a heart beat script, or that it doesn't like what you've told it to do and so makes a character run to a non-existent waypoint rather than starting a dialogue, it will crash because you click on a creature with no dialogue file set, and I have known it to skip through lines of dialogue and go straight to the player's response, leaving you wondering what was just said (hint: take the "I'll be going now" option). So it's likely that most, if not all, of the game/quest-stopping bugs people have run into are actually a result of over-playing rather than an issue with the mod itself.

This is why testers are told to reproduce their bugs before reporting them.

And there are some testers (Malpense) who have played for very little time because of life. I think Mal has only played about a few hours. So far(from what I learned in the Closed Beta Impressions) only 1 or maybe 2 people have completed a game. And they still have to do 3 more games for that build, report bugs, play the next build, report remaing bug and features, and then we'll have the 3rd Beta. Hopefully after that, 1.0c1 will be released. They have to do about 4 run throughs (Male LS, Male DS, Female LS, Female DS) for each build. While I could go through a run through in a couple of days of nonstop gaming. It would take about a week of nonstop playing to go through it 4 times. Now imagine doing that, but with extra expanded content, having to do every side quest possible, and do as many dialog run throughs. That might take weeks.

geass-1.jpg

There is no requirement for number of playthroughs per build. They play however times they like. Updates come weekly. We release when we feel we're ready. At this point it really is that simple.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

There is no requirement for number of playthroughs per build. They play however times they like. Updates come weekly. We release when we feel we're ready. At this point it really is that simple.

As it usually is :)

Build 1.0b2, yay!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

how does over-playing the game cause bugs to appear, just curious?

glad to hear the mod is moving right along.

The engine tends to just start doing wacky things after playing for a couple hours. It fails to fire triggers and dialogs skip all non-player replies among other things.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Yup. Note the funny "known issues" section of the Kotor2 Read-me which mentions the game can crash and do all kind of other fun stuff if you go too long without transit to another area. :?

It would take about a week of nonstop playing to go through it 4 times.

Damn. It takes me a week to play through Kotor2 (or 1 for that matter) completely. And that is when not playing any other games, fully concentrating. I guess I am just slow/thorough...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

At least there's some sort of progress now...

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yup. Note the funny "known issues" section of the Kotor2 Read-me which mentions the game can crash and do all kind of other fun stuff if you go too long without transit to another area. :?

It would take about a week of nonstop playing to go through it 4 times.

Damn. It takes me a week to play through Kotor2 (or 1 for that matter) completely. And that is when not playing any other games, fully concentrating. I guess I am just slow/thorough...

All it takes is some concentration, crackers, a pillow, and a case of beer/sode >_<

At least there's some sort of progress now...

If you paid attention to either the Mantis or the TG forums, you should know they are making excellent progress.

geass-1.jpg