TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

What the **** is this patch ****?

Seriously, Team Gizka, what the ****?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What the **** is this patch ****?

Seriously, Team Gizka, what the ****?

Did I miss something?

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Not ALL of the content on our list is restored. "But you said you'd restore all of the content on your list before 1.0b1!!!1!1!" Plans change. Surprisingly, what works well in war, works well in modding: never reveal your plan. We'll learn that lesson eventually. We think. The content that's left isn't OMG NEW CONTENT kind of content. It's stuff we could add in a patch if we waited that long (though some of it we don't even want to think about right now :twitch: ) That said some of it will probably make it in before 1.0c1.

"But what about the bugs?!?!?!?!1?/!/" As has been repeatedly said: 1.0c1 is the version that will have that low low bug count (maybe not 0 but we'll see.)

For those of you now thinking "I knew they'd go back on their promise! I knew we'd get some crap mod! They're not restoring all the content and they're not fixing all the bugs!": you're still getting a mod. With very few bugs. Mantis can attest to that (as can our fingers after three years of typing.) I've asked the closed beta testers to write their impressions, good, bad, or other and post them. Hopefully most will be good, but, secretly (or not so much anymore), we're also hoping for a couple bad just so people can see this isn't about pleasing everyone. We've not done this for three years in some vain attempt to make everyone, or in fact, anyone, happy. Nor are we doing this for some weird ego-fueled trip into (fleeting, flaming internet) fame. We're doing this because we've enjoyed and enjoy doing it. That and we'd kinda like to see this thing finished. It's a modder thing...

Well screw me, but I'll be seriously pissed off if Handmaiden/Visas fight doesn't make in for the 1.0c1. It is last part of the ending that's not restored (and it is very likely it is restored, I just needed an example) but few last unrestored bits are rather minor and why the **** they couldn't be added in without ****ing patch?

Seriously, this has been under development for FOUR YEARS, why the **** should they now publish restoration mod that doesn't have anything (what's going to be) restored yet? And they've been quite firm about "no patches for TSLRP" up to this point

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Calm down Xard.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well screw me, but I'll be seriously pissed off if Handmaiden/Visas fight doesn't make in for the 1.0c1. It is last part of the ending that's not restored (and it is very likely it is restored, I just needed an example) but few last unrestored bits are rather minor and why the **** they couldn't be added in without ****ing patch?

Seriously, this has been under development for FOUR YEARS, why the **** should they now publish restoration mod that doesn't have anything (what's going to be) restored yet? And they've been quite firm about "no patches for TSLRP" up to this point

I'm confused.

Who said Handmaiden/Visas wasn't in? Because it is. There was a bug that was preventing from triggering. But that's the extent of it.

You're not getting it until 1.0c1. I would guess that most of that content will be in by that point.

I believe the only thing we've said is "we'd prefer to not have to patch it." You don't implement a patch system wanting to use it :teehee:

It's three years btw.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

1.0b1! 1.0b1! 1.0b1! :ermm:

The last iteration before the public release. I bet another 4-5 months to get all the bugs squashed.

Still nice though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Now, they have a new major bug.

Huh? I've checked the mantis repository and the main page as well. No Major ones found.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Interesting, considering Team Gizka hasn't done anything to the Peragus module :)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Interesting, considering Team Gizka hasn't done anything to the Peragus module :)

Yeah, notice JdNoa's comment? "No Peragus bugs" :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yeah, notice JdNoa's comment? "No Peragus bugs" :)

For some reason I loved the Peragus part of the game...gave a serious depth to the game and gave the player an insight as to how just majorly sc**wed the galaxy/republic really was - and how important every little thing that happened on the space station was.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I think Obsidian had a great thing going atmosphere wise in Peragus, but I feel that the pacing is somehow off. I understand that they were going for a slower unfolding terror thing (which I usually like), but it doesn't quite get it right. It goes on for to long.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0