TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

We take it one day, one day at a time.

We're close to 1000-day anniversary now! :(

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We're close to 1000-day anniversary now! :(

By how many days?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

We're close to 1000-day anniversary now! :thumbsup:

By how many days?

It started in mid-april in 2005, so around 150 days or so left.

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/hlp/hosted/ce/bwo/

This link lead to BlackWater Ops, a campaign made by users for Freespace 2. Just take a look at last update on their site:

September.5.2004

Beta Testing Continues

------

July.5.2004

End of the Road

So its 2004 and its been maybe three or four years since we started this bloody thing and the end is in sight. Alot has changed recently so lets recap

They had already delivered 3 or 4 excellent campaigns for the game and were more exalted than team-gizka by their respective community. So, unless I see TSLRP actually released I don't put any faith in it at all. It's cool to speak nice and make everyone wait but I don't see any proof that they will even release it to public. They could just use for themselves, their friends and couple guys in the holowan labs.

Or it could be just one of the biggest jokes ever made and all us clowns are waiting for the bugfix like a countdown where there is nothing being restored. Seriously, if these guys were to work on a game company I think of them unfit even to work on blizzard (which does endless beta testing, take forever to release graphically outdated titles and then you realize bugs and unbalanced stuff are still there, so heads up for endless patches - and I really enjoy their titles in spite of all this).

I honestly hope, for our sake, that I'm wrong. But I guess we'll be seeing KOTOR3, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, NWN 3 and even the last SW Trilogy (there are 3) being released before this.

"Be mindful of the currents of the living Force; to do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."

-Qui-Gon's voice to Anakin Skywalker

"

Uh, maybe you should have read their site, then you would now that half of what you wrote is wrong :sorcerer:

There is no reason to doubt them I don't see why people feel the need to bash them just because they take care of the last stuff instead of throwing it out right now. If KOTOR II should have taught anyone, releasing something before you are done with it, is not the greatest idea in the world.

But for a few minor issues surely they could release and just patch it later since theres not many bugs just a few minors as stated, nothing critical.

Not everything is implemented, there still is some stuff left which needs to be restored, so no, they can't release it now.

They already have minor bugs which will be taken care of after the release. The few remaining bugs do damage the game, so why release this mod, when a few more weeks will get it done properly?

They are working on this for something like 2 years now, no need to get sloppy at the end of the development circle.

But for a few minor issues surely they could release and just patch it later since theres not many bugs just a few minors as stated, nothing critical.

Not everything is implemented, there still is some stuff left which needs to be restored, so no, they can't release it now.

They already have minor bugs which will be taken care of after the release. The few remaining bugs do damage the game, so why release this mod, when a few more weeks will get it done properly?

They are working on this for something like 2 years now, no need to get sloppy at the end of the development circle.

And how close are we from seeing the content finished?

Y'know, they ought to make a video of their bugs, just for sheer entertainment.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Yeah, but it's not like we're talking about an OS here! In any case, from what Mantis reveals, most of the bugs left in the game are more aesthetic tweaks and fixes, rather than something that would prevent you from playing or completing their mod. Perhaps doing a release now will mean that more people will hit them up with other stuff they might have missed or not considered. Perhaps some gamers would also offer up solutions? I don't know, I just hope this gets released in the next couple months...

Has the project come to a halt? Neither any updates nor much progress can I see in the bug count, has been 6 bugs for the past 2 months...well jumping between 9-5 bugs...but still. :blink:

Edited by Rycal

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Yeah, but it's not like we're talking about an OS here! In any case, from what Mantis reveals, most of the bugs left in the game are more aesthetic tweaks and fixes, rather than something that would prevent you from playing or completing their mod. Perhaps doing a release now will mean that more people will hit them up with other stuff they might have missed or not considered. Perhaps some gamers would also offer up solutions? I don't know, I just hope this gets released in the next couple months...

Again, they haven't finished implementing all the stuff yet, so no, they can't release it. Besides, they already have a group which will do the beta-testing.

I really can't understand why people find it so hard to wait some days or weeks to get all those bugs done, when they already waited two years. Team Gizka have done the job properly right from the beginning, no need to get sloppy near the end.

I don't know how often they have said that the bug-count is not meant as a release-countdown. There is more to this mod than taking out bugs. Just because not all that much happened on the bug-front, doesn't mean that nothing happened, as working on a bug or implementing stuff doesn't show up in the list.

Edited by Dark Wastl

Seriously, if these guys were to work on a game company I think of them unfit even to work on blizzard (which does endless beta testing, take forever to release graphically outdated titles and then you realize bugs and unbalanced stuff are still there, so heads up for endless patches - and I really enjoy their titles in spite of all this).

Game companies like Blizzard get paid and do that as their principal job. These people do this in their free time for free. There is no parallel.

I hope you get bored of waiting before they release the product. You don't deserve any fixes or improvements they might produces.

Guest The Architect

Of course it'll feel like forever if you just sit around waiting for TSLRP to finish and think about it more than you should. There's so many different ways to occupy yourself, regardless of what situation you're in, so either keep your trap shut and do other ****, or go and help these guys doing this voluntary work. Simple solution to those of you complaining about how long this is taking.

There are still 4 unimplemented contents (out of 65 that i've counted) that are needed to be done. It is probable that they are focusing on getting them implemented before fixing the rest of the bugs.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy