CoD4

CoM_Solaufein

Is Call of Duty 4 any good? I read some previews and it gave it some decent ratings.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The only bad thing is that the gun sounds are old-school programmed, meaning that when you shoot autofire the sound lags and jumps. But it is an awesome game, it's a shame they thought they could milk their IP by naming it CoD4. I have alot of friends who just went "phh, another boring CoD game", but its really sweet. It's one of the golden 3 most-have games for the PC this year

Gears of War, Crysis and CoD4. best gaming christmas EVER. I cant think of a time in history when so many* awesome games have been released at the same time.

*counting console games aswell

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"phh, another boring CoD game"

That's how I'm approaching it, to be honest.

How is Gears of War? Is it really worth getting? What about for those of us who don't have interest in the MP?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

With CoD4 be prepared for some of the greatest shooter levels ever and some really mind-numbing sections as well. The game runs hot and cold. The best parts are easily worth the price of admission. The worst parts (on the hardest difficulty setting) are pretty much just endless waves of aimbotting fodder, which makes for annoyance rather than fun.

Gears of War SP/Coop campaign is better than MP versus imho. Play it coop if you can, that's the best part of it.

Gears of War PC is definently worth getting. Its a great shooter with insanely pretty graphics thats also blazingly fast, a computer that can run Crysis ok at medium will be able to run GoW at full settings and get like 60-80FPS easy. You wont see the stuff GoW can do in any other U3 game(like bioshock) since much of the graphic goodies in U3 are part of the GoW IP.

Its supposedly really fun to run in the harder modes too, although Im too lame for that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

With CoD4 be prepared for some of the greatest shooter levels ever and some really mind-numbing sections as well. The game runs hot and cold. The best parts are easily worth the price of admission. The worst parts (on the hardest difficulty setting) are pretty much just endless waves of aimbotting fodder, which makes for annoyance rather than fun.

Gears of War SP/Coop campaign is better than MP versus imho. Play it coop if you can, that's the best part of it.

Did you not like the ferris wheel? :-

Edited by Deraldin

Nah I thought the Ferris Wheel was a well balanced challenge at that point in the game, especially if you conserved explosives. That whole mission was great. The annoying sections occured, for the most part, from about the 1.5 to 4 hour marks if I recall correctly.

Nah I thought the Ferris Wheel was a well balanced challenge at that point in the game, especially if you conserved explosives. That whole mission was great. The annoying sections occured, for the most part, from about the 1.5 to 4 hour marks if I recall correctly.

1.5 - 4 hour mark? That would be pretty much the entire US section right? I don't recall having much trouble with that section. It gets annoying if you stay in one spot and try to kill everyone that comes your way, because they just don't end, but as long as you keep pushing forward it's not so bad.

Edited by Deraldin

1.5 - 4 hour mark? That would be pretty much the entire US section right?

Yeah, I was not a big fan of the US section of the game at all, I found it very not fun. Though it does end on an impressive, gripping and emotionally impacting note.

Yes. Although its a railshooter level, it's a friggin' AC-130 :D

Good feedback. What kind of a system hog is it?

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

I would have had this game already if it had co-op, but now it's bargain bin time instead. The PC demo was good enough, and pretty much felt like the previous CoD games (which I quite enjoyed, actually).

On another note, since some PC Gears of War players are in here, what did you think of the extra Act included there?

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I really liked CoD 4.

When I tried the demo (which I suggest you do, if you want to know how it'll run on your computer) I had a 7800GS, and it ran good on Low to Medium settings at 1k resolution.

For the full game I had the luxury of a 8800gtx, and it runs like CoD 2 did on my 7800GS :thumbsup:

Good feedback. What kind of a system hog is it?

I can play it mostly on low settings at 1024x768 on my 1.7GHz P4, Radeon 9600 Pro and 3/4 of a gig of ram. :)

Well that is good. My P4 2.8 MHz, 1.5G RAM with my ATI1950 Pro should be able to handle it without difficulty.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

On another note, since some PC Gears of War players are in here, what did you think of the extra Act included there?

I'd like to hear about that too. I still think the game ends way too soon. Not because I exactly adore GoW(****ing factory section), but because the first half of the game feels really short.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds